NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default PSA new label info on T-206

Posted By: RayB

PSA posted this today on their Message Boards:

"PSA Grading Update
T206 Back Designations Available
After receiving a great deal of feedback from collectors and dealers, PSA has decided to make a labeling modification to all T206 baseball cards submitted from this day forward.

PSA will now designate the backs for all T206’s submitted for grading. For example, the top line on the PSA label may read:

T206 Sweet Caporal or T206 Polar Bear

There are several back variations on this issue.

From November 1st through the end of the year (2006), PSA will offer a re-holder/re-labeling special for T206’s for only $3 per card.

We hope this new labeling feature is enjoyed by collectors and dealers alike.

Please keep in mind that the PSA Population Report will be undergoing changes with respect to newly-labeled T206’s versus T206’s graded prior to the new labeling approach. Until previously graded T206’s are received for re-label, they will remain in the PSA Population Report without the specific back designation.

Please contact customer service if you have any questions.

Carol"

Defintely a move in the right direction.
They could really ramp things up if they got even more specific about the back designations to include Series and Factory but it appears from their postings that it will be Brand only.

For all those who are collecting their T-206 cards in PSA holders; will you reholder? $3; although less than their regular fees, still seems a little steep to get your cards relabeled. I have 215 or so PSA cards and I'm not likely to consider this at $600 additional.
Any other thoughts.
RayB

Old 10-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

what a great thing for them to start doing...it is a long time coming, but they always seem to listen to their customers (and critics)...bravo! i'll send in a bunch to have reholdered...drum, uzit, lenox, etc...maybe even those piedmont 42's...LOL

Old 10-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...they're doing this is to keep up with SGC, which is slabbing T206's by the handfuls. To all those that say SGC is never innovative, consider this thread -- and also remember that SGC will tell you what year your T206 card is, i.e., 1910 = Series 350. Perhaps in a few years, for another $3, you can have your reholdered PSA T206 cards re-reholdered to show the year/series.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John J. Grillo

I have asked PSA for years to do this...no email replies...phone calls not returned, etc. Since I am a small fish in a big pond, I guess it went in 1 ear and out the other. A collector with a lot of pull probably got their attention. It look 3 years for a decision on this? Give me a break! This was a "no-brainer" that should've been implemented quickly.

I do not have many T206s...just 27 complete Boston AL & NL players, but even at 3.00 a pop, I'll be darned if I am going to have them relabeled. I would send them to SGC before I would consider having them relabeled at PSA.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

Im glad someone pointed out that this was done only to keep up with sgc - because I was really getting sick of all those threads in which some psa adherent claimed that sgc was copying psa and was not innovative.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

This is fantastic. Now, not only will I know what is on the front of a T206 by reading the label, but I can also learn the back!!! Now if PSA will let me know when to brush teeth, change oil... PSA can regulate my entire life! Thank goodness for PSA.

And how did I ever know what a card was before slabbing... this takes all of the guesswork out of collecting. A true blessing.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: S Gross

.... and here I've been turning to card over, like a big sap.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

Imitation is the sincerist form of larceny.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MikeU

RayB posted the original post on CU and his subsequent response. There was some discussion sandwiched between that a cracked a smile about.

Posted by Jay from Quality Cards regarding news release:

Carol, thats great news.
How extensive will the back listings be?
Piedmont, Sweet Cap and the rest have variations based on subjects & factory designations...jay

Response From PSA:

If you are referring to the variety such as pitching, catching and portrait, etc. will still be on the flip.

The part of the question that stumped us was the reference to factory. If my answer above is not complete for your question, please give me examples that I can ask about.

Carol

Obviously Carol's role is not as a card identifier, but the "us" part made me chuckle a bit. Carol is a very good asset to PSA, as she does response frequently on the boards, which is a nice touch. Even nice people need to be laughed at from time to time.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

Of course, I can see it now; there will be a whole new tier system by people who are into PSA T206 cards, just like there is a difference in view of some towards the "old" PSA flips (with the funky zero) and the "new" flips because some people feel that the old PSA was less strict than new PSA. Will we see a price differential between flips with back data and "flops" without? Or will the perception that untrained monkeys are doing much of PSA's work flip which flip is a flop and lead to a premium on older flips (I feel like a bad Dr. Seuss)? Will the set registry now allow for differentiation and weight by backs (yep, you heard it here first)? Enquiring minds want to know.