NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Default What's with this "Pick Up Only"

Posted By: Steve M.

I've noticed more and more ebay items with Pick Up Only option. Some of the items had a start price of less than $20.00. Another had a BIN of $645.00 that I might have pulled the trigger on had I not had to travel to Boston to get the card. Glitch in the ebay system or for real?

Old 10-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

could be an error in the listing. I saw one card listed as pick up only but also stated that the seller would contact you after the auction regarding shipping.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

the seller might have had an item such as a piece of furniture that he listed and forgot to change the shipping. i would contact the seller if i were interested in an item and ask about the "pick-up" only.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

you are probably right or he was selling his 2000 Fatboy

Old 10-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

Steve - I actually just did exactly what dennis mentioned - sold a piece of furnature and forgot to change the shipping info.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

Close, The fat bastid's too lazy to go to the post office... Thanks for pointing that out Steve.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kirk

I've revised a couple of listings on eBay and found that, for some reason, the eBay system changed my S&H option to local pickup only even though i never selected that as the S&H option. I've noticed the problem started when they rolled out the "new look" to their sales listing interface.

There are still a number of bugs that still need to be fixed. The one thing that gives me the most problems is that the preview page still cannot display the listing as i set it up. So a lot of times, i have to check out my listings at work to see if they look like what i intended when i first posted the listing. What usually happens is that I end up having to make revisions to fix the formatting and it was during a couple of such instances that the S&H option reverted to "local pickup."

I've also noticed that the coloring on the scans i use can really vary depending on which PC i used to view my listings. My monitors' settings have been "optimized" but some scans still look washed out on my home PC but overly bright and fake looking at my work PC.

Old 10-29-2006, 02:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

On the new selling form, when you scroll using the scroll wheel in the middle of the mouse, you have to be careful because the scrolling action will move a particular drop down area instead of scrolling the entire page. For instance, if you just used the drop down area in the "shipping preferences" area and selected "worldwide", if you use the scroll wheel in the middle of the mouse instead of clicking on the right side of the screen, you will scroll through the shipping options and you may move from "worldwide" to "local pickup". This happened to me. The best advice is to stay away from the scroll wheel when using the new ebay selling form. Hope this helps. Rick