NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 06-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Sean Brennan

Default I'm giving Roach's a B- for effort here

A Ty Cobb check made out to AL Capone with a stopped payment stamp. Is all the effort really worth what they are getting paid? Coach's Corner never ceases to amuse me. They are the Monty Python of autograph forgers without a doubt.
http://myccsa.com/lot/272/ty-cobb-ha...nal-check.aspx
Old 06-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

At least it's dated in Cibbs's own handwriting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2015, 12:52 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

My goodness...that's genius. So is it know safe for us to assume that Cobb was connected to organized crime...Roach does it again!
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 06-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Tom Boblitt

I may have to add it to the other two Cobb checks I have written to Abe Lincoln and Kim Kardashian. That is good effort though...................
Old 06-05-2015, 07:54 AM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

They have a phone number. Has anyone actually tried calling them? I thought about it since I could always use a good laugh..

Last edited by GoCubsGo32; 06-05-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Scott

I emailed them and got told to **** off, when I told them they were blatant crooks
Old 06-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
I emailed them and got told to **** off, when I told them they were blatant crooks
And someday when Bubba (6'6" tall) is their cellmate will they tell him to **** off? I doubt it .
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 06-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Banned

Stop payment on an Al Capone check? Where's Charles Bronson?
Old 06-07-2015, 02:28 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

I had not realized there is a new CC auction up for perusal. Has Chris Morales always been billed as a "former U.S. Secret Service forensic science expert" or is that a new qualification?

Among the items I am especially fond of:

* The .400 hitters custom signed and framed display piece. Estimated value of $25,000, but currently sitting at $193.

* The $55 George Washington cut signature.

* Eddie Plank single-signed baseball for $141.

* Sliding Billy Hamilton single signed baseball for $66.

* Sam Thompson single-signed baseball for $142 (appears to have been signed yesterday).

*Honus Wagner autographed baseball for $36.

*Christy Mathewson signed baseball for $64.

*Josh Gibson autographed baseball for $50.

* An emerald stone appraised at $8,000 for $68

* Abraham Lincoln vintage cut for $44.

* Geronimo vintage cut for $33.

* Cuts of all four Beatles for $33.

*John Clarkson autographed cut for $208 (Holy ****, that is expensive compared to most of the other autographs in the auction)

* Dollar bill signed by both Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. for $44 (An absolute steal, since this item may actually be worth the $1 face value of the dollar bill).

* John Lennon signed photo for $26.

* Grover Cleveland Alexander autographed photo for $32.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Scott

I hope you bid on some of those authentic BEAUTIES
Old 06-17-2015, 04:27 PM

I was surprised to see that Cobb check sell for $210 especially when Coach's noted that checks were selling for almost $1000 in the add.
Not bad compared to the glove and the single and Cobb and Ruth combo.

On another note, Coach's whose big consignor phony up'd those Halper letters, than the Richard Case letters and now they did with former Sporting News manager J. Taylor Spinks. FLOODED with those certs this month and curious to see who authenticates next for them.

And the Jimmy Collins ball sold for $85 and the Martin Dihigo softball for $39, while the JSA and Mears certed Rizzuto sold for $89. Did they call a Rizzuto signed ball "priceless"?

New auction probably tomorrow!!! More laughs! :-) LOL

LC
#anyfedsreadthenet54?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 455334.jpg (54.7 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Cobb.jpg (65.2 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg 457617-85.jpg (61.8 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg 457530-39.jpg (43.8 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg Rizzuto.jpg (73.7 KB, 198 views)
Old 06-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Wayne Walker

That Dihigo is just fantastic.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 06-18-2015, 11:13 AM
J@son.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkit1 View Post
A Ty Cobb check made out to AL Capone with a stopped payment stamp. Is all the effort really worth what they are getting paid? Coach's Corner never ceases to amuse me. They are the Monty Python of autograph forgers without a doubt.
http://myccsa.com/lot/272/ty-cobb-ha...nal-check.aspx
And you gave them a "B-" for effort? You're being too nice and a generous grader! I wish my school teachers were like you.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty bombjack View Post
That Dihigo is just fantastic.
so bold it's like it was signed yesterday!
Old 06-18-2015, 12:23 PM

Wow, when I said "curious to see who authenticates next for them", I was half kidding. It is apparently Edward Doherty, a former baseball executive.

85 single signed baseballs!

http://www.myccsa.com/Search.aspx?Se...ward%20Doherty

So every month this consignor (I use that word gently) comes up with 80-90 items from all these baseball executives who apparently collected single signed balls and all of them collected the same names and all the signatures are dated?

Nah, no fraudulent scheme to deceit here.

The guys at FIFA think this guy is bold.

LC
Old 06-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

And before he died in 1971 he wrote COA's for these?
Old 06-18-2015, 01:51 PM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

As a person who works 60 hours per week to provide for his family, this outfit is the devil in retail form. How hard did the people who consign their childish forgeries work and I am sure they are all in better financial shape then myself. Last I knew forgery is against the law. In some cases, the lowest cases, 5 years in jail. How much time did that Berks county man in PA get for his autograph book scam on ebay? Is it because the Coach simply takes in these homemade examples? Anyone want to start a similar business with me called The Pitchers Mound Sports Auction?

Just sickening. How long did it take for these jerseys to get inked and placed in this amazing Coach's Corner Sports Auction- July edition? I make roughly $23 an hour and I bet these will sell for less than 25 hours of my life in the grind. Sickening.

Regards,

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 459897.jpg (79.6 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg 459898.jpg (77.2 KB, 144 views)

Last edited by tinkereversandme; 06-18-2015 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Forgot to close with my name
Old 06-21-2015, 10:51 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default it's all so sad

apparently the authorities are unwilling or unable to prosecute. It's reprehensible. They are knowingly committing fraud in a brash and brazen manner - in national print and an auction setting. Are there no laws in their state that govern auctioneers?
Old 06-22-2015, 09:53 AM
keith janosky

I just can't for the life of me figure out with Operation Bullpen back in the late 90's with all the guys busted by the Feds and recently Mastro and maybe his cronies and Coach's Corner still keeps plugging along? I don't get it. People have been complaining about these guys for years and nothing gets done to bust them. What the heck is wrong here. I'm sure people have also contacted authorities about them but still they keep ripping people off and making money. At least the Feds should shut them down based on all the complaints if the don't have the time for anything else but don't let these guys keep ripping people off. Amasing

Last edited by keithsky; 06-22-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:03 AM
M@tt Schw@de

I liked this one...

This vintage unlabeled ball is in G/VG shape with red stitching and comes signed this long-deceased HOFer in black ink. He has included the date from way back in 1939 with his stunning signature and the rare gem comes with a COA signed by Edward Doherty on "The American Association of Professional Baseball Clubs" letterhead for authenticity purposes. HIGH Book value.

He struggles to even write his own name, but dates... he writes those as fluid as can be.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
I just can't for the life of me figure out with Operation Bullpen back in the late 90's with all the guys busted by the Feds and recently Mastro and maybe his cronies and Coach's Corner still keeps plugging along? I don't get it. People have been complaining about these guys for years and nothing gets done to bust them. What the heck is wrong here. I'm sure people have also contacted authorities about them but still they keep ripping people off and making money. At least the Feds should shut them down based on all the complaints if the don't have the time for anything else but don't let these guys keep ripping people off. Amasing
I have had some long talks with the authorities that could do something about these crooks. I totally get they should be shut down. However, it's not as easy as one would think to prosecute someone based on their opinion. That is only one issue though.....there are others as to why they haven't been prosecuted. In reality, I think it should be a joint effort by State and Federal authorities that bust them. They have seemingly committed both types of crimes.

Also, I doubt there are a lot of federal authorities jumping up and down to prosecute a difficult case in the sports memorabilia business. It's just not something that is exciting.....All that being said, I think their day will come, one way or the other. You can't commit that much fraud, steal so much money from people through that fraud, and get away with it forever. It is impossible. If nothing else, I am sure Karma will find them...
Old 06-22-2015, 04:11 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I have had some long talks with the authorities that could do something about these crooks. I totally get they should be shut down. However, it's not as easy as one would think to prosecute someone based on their opinion. That is only one issue though.....there are others as to why they haven't been prosecuted. In reality, I think it should be a joint effort by State and Federal authorities that bust them. They have seemingly committed both types of crimes.

Also, I doubt there are a lot of federal authorities jumping up and down to prosecute a difficult case in the sports memorabilia business. It's just not something that is exciting.....All that being said, I think their day will come, one way or the other. You can't commit that much fraud, steal so much money from people through that fraud, and get away with it forever. It is impossible. If nothing else, I am sure Karma will find them...
Leon is correct about the fact that "it isn't that easy to shut them down."

A few of us here have been involved in getting another "operation" shutdown for the last few years. It's an open and shut case, and yet that operation continues.

We know the frustration.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Leon is correct about the fact that "it isn't that easy to shut them down."

A few of us here have been involved in getting another "operation" shutdown for the last few years. It's an open and shut case, and yet that operation continues.

We know the frustration.
It is blood, sweat and tears on top of the frustration.
Believe it, attempts have been made and some day karma will rear its head.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 06-22-2015, 07:58 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
It is blood, sweat and tears on top of the frustration.
Believe it, attempts have been made and some day karma will rear its head.
Let's hope so, Richard.