NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Default Babe Ruth Pro Bat - eBay

Any opinions on the Babe Ruth pro model bat on ebay that just ended for about $36,000?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-08-19-18-53-34.jpg (7.9 KB, 369 views)
Old 08-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Matt

Looks refinished to me .
Matt

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 08-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Anthony Rodriguez

Definitely looks refurnished.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2014, 08:19 PM
N@te

I was told that everyone should stay away from this one....

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 08-20-2014, 07:20 AM
Kevin O'Gara

Whats the problem with it?
Old 08-20-2014, 11:34 AM

Why were you told that everyone should stay away from it? At least 4 people didn't get that message with bids of approximately $26,000, $30,000, $35,000 & $36,000...
Old 08-20-2014, 02:15 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Told by whom? Very cryptic post... Let's hear the issues!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:22 PM

Default bats

One I believe being Dave Bushing....who bid!

Last edited by sicollector1954; 08-26-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:31 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnVme7 View Post
I was told that everyone should stay away from this one....
Can you explain why? I always find it funny, someone will ask you a question. Yet you always pass over it and never answer it!
Old 08-27-2014, 07:47 AM
N@te

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Can you explain why? I always find it funny, someone will ask you a question. Yet you always pass over it and never answer it!
Because someone asked JT about the bat and he said that the bat looked off, as in the wood grain looked wrong. Grain ending on barrel end was off. No player characteristics but a bunch of little dark ding marks all over the bat top to bottom which was a red flag.

Anything else you need, Brock? You know what I think is funny? Is that if you want to know something or have a question that you would like to ask, there's a little link on my username that allows you to pm me, or you can email me directly. Or you can research items on your own perhaps?

What questions have I passed up and never answered? Send me some links.

Last edited by UnVme7; 08-27-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:08 AM
Brock

Quote:
Because someone asked JT about the bat and he said that the bat looked off, as in the wood grain looked wrong. Grain ending on barrel end was off. No player characteristics but a bunch of little dark ding marks all over the bat top to bottom which was a red flag.

Anything else you need, Brock? You know what I think is funny? Is that if you want to know something or have a question that you would like to ask, there's a little link on my username that allows you to pm me, or you can email me directly. Or you can research items on your own perhaps?

What questions have I passed up and never answered? Send me some links.
Let's see. Several people in this thread asked you about what was wrong with it after you posted" you were told to stay away". Yet you never replied back with why and it's been a week!

Also I did do my research on it before the auction ended. And I felt it wasn't right. But maybe other members who don't collect bats would like to know what's wrong with it.

Last edited by yanks12025; 08-27-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:13 AM

"Also I did do my research on it before the auction ended. And I felt it wasn't right. But maybe other members who don't collect bats would like to know what's wrong with it."

+1

Do you mind explaining in detail what you felt wasn't right about the bat to help educate those of us who might not have known?

Thanks,
Michael
Old 08-27-2014, 09:16 AM
N@te

Quote:
Let's see. Several people in this thread asked you about what was wrong with it after you posted" you were told to stay away". Yet you never replied back with why and it's been a week!

Also I did do my research on it before the auction ended. And I felt it wasn't right. But maybe other members who don't collect bats would like to know what's wrong with it.
Im all over this site and dont read every single post. If you want to get a hold of me, you know how to do that. And if you had issues with the bat, why didn't you chime in with your opinion on it a week ago when people were asking about it instead of waiting for my response? Let's hear it, what's your issues with this bat that you've been holding onto this whole time?

Feel free to send me links to posts I've never replied on as well.

Last edited by UnVme7; 08-27-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
"Also I did do my research on it before the auction ended. And I felt it wasn't right. But maybe other members who don't collect bats would like to know what's wrong with it."

+1

Do you mind explaining in detail what you felt wasn't right about the bat to help educate those of us who might not have known?

Thanks,
Michael
Let's see. First off if you know you have a game used Babe Ruth bat, you will not be selling it on eBay.

Second, the center brand looks to date 1923-25 based on Maltas book(even though mears will just call it a 1920s). And according to Maltas book, it doesn't show Ruth ordering 35 inches during those years.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Brock

Quote:
Im all over this site and dont read every single post. If you want to get a hold of me, you know how to do that. And if you had issues with the bat, why didn't you chime in with your opinion on it a week ago when people were asking about it instead of waiting for my response? Let's hear it, what's your issues with this bat that you've been holding onto this whole time?

Feel free to send me links to posts I've never replied on as well.
Because other people have listed reasons why they feel it's not good. I didn't go posting something saying someone told me to stay away but not give any details.

I don't have links. But we've PM'd before where you asked me a question and I gave a answer yet when I asked the same question you ignored it.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:39 AM
N@te

Quote:
Because other people have listed reasons why they feel it's not good. I didn't go posting something saying someone told me to stay away but not give any details.

I don't have links. But we've PM'd before where you asked me a question and I gave a answer yet when I asked the same question you ignored it.
I'm not following. I just checked and your last pm to me was asking if I wanted to buy a jersey from you, which I replied. Then your pm before that was answered as well. Only time I don't answer is if it's not needed. As in, your statement doesn't need a response, it's just a statement. That goes for anyone. No need to respond back with a "Yep", or "I hear ya". I appreciate you answering my questions, whichever those may have been.

Regardless, this isn't really the thread to talk about this, but I don't like being called out either. You have a problem or question regarding my responding skills, pm me.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:49 AM

Thanks Brock. I believe I have that book somewhere; I'll need to dig it up and start referencing it more often.

Best-
M
Old 08-27-2014, 02:48 PM

Default Ruth bat

Don't think there is anything wrong with this one. Legendary Auctions #218 8/29/12.