NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-16-2016, 10:41 AM
Peter Calderon

Default Heritage Auction #7165 – Ends TONIGHT - November 17 – 19, 2016!

Hey Everyone,

Bidding for the Heritage Fall 2016 Sports Catalog Auction is rolling along with the auction ending in less than two weeks. The auction is in three sessions ending on November 17, 18 and 19. Bidding for the card lots in session one ends on Thursday, November 17, 2016. The ending of the auction is the same format is has been for years with open bidding ending at 10pm central time then an extended period where each lots ends on an individual basis on a 30-minute clock rule. You have to have bid on a lot before 10pm central time to be able to bid during the 30-minute extended period. Be sure to check the final session card lots ending on November 19 as there are always a nice selection of vintage cards in that session as well. The Sports dept. home page is: http://sports.ha.com. Registration is free!

Yes, the catalogs are heavy and there are four different ones this time. To keep getting catalogs, some participation (bidding) in the catalog auctions is all we ask. Place a min. of $1,000 in bids in the catalog auctions - not the monthly auctions – and you will keep getting catalogs. Winning something is not a requirement. If you would like a free catalog please email me all of your mailing information at peterc@ha.com and we will send you one.

This auction has a huge selection of cards – almost 650 pages worth with a PSA NM-MT 8 N172 Cap Anson card getting things started. Some highlights:

- The 19th Century is highlighted by a selection of albums – both sport and non-sports, an N338-2 S. F. Hess California Brown, N300 Ewing and a trio of high grade Allen & Ginter cards of Anson, Kelly and Ewing;

- A lengthy selection E107 Briesch-Williams cards;

- 1908 Rose Co. Ty Cobb, Sam Crawford and others;

- A high grade set of M101-5 Blank Backs with Jim Thorpe;

- Numerous Ty Cobb, Joe Jackson (Famous & Barr, Cracker Jack, 1940 Play Ball, etc.) and Babe Ruth (E220 National Caramel, Strip cards, 1933 Goudey, 1925 Exhibit plus many others) cards;

- Some high-end E94 Close Candy cards with two Honus Wagner cards, E90-2 Wagner, E92s, E95s and an SGC-Graded set of E98 Black Swamp cards;

- T206s of course. You’ll find a Cobb with an Old Mill, Polar Bear, El Principe De Gales, Tolstoi plus Sweet Cap and Piedmont backs, six Broad Leaf backs, extremely nice SGC examples graded up to SGC 96 Mint 9, three “MAGIE” errors and the Holy Grail – a PSA 2 Honus Wagner!

- A new to the hobby collection of 35 Plow Boy Chicago Cubs/White Sox Cabinet cards!

- A beautiful near-set of 1914 B18 Blankets;

- Two Babe Ruth rookies;

- A 1939 Play Ball Ted Williams rookie in PSA Mint 9;

- A selection of high grade Diamond Stars and Tattoo Orbits;

Post-war fans won’t be disappointed by the high grade 1948 Bowman Baseball set, ’48 Leaf Paige in NM, Willie Mays and Mantle rookies, ’52 Topps Mantle cards and other great sets.

As I mentioned the auction ends November 17 - 19, 2016. We answer many calls on auction night and it gets busy. Please don’t wait until the last minute to bid or if you have questions.

Good Luck!

Peter

Last edited by petecld; 11-17-2016 at 04:03 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-16-2016, 11:06 AM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecld View Post
To keep getting catalogs, some participation (bidding) in the catalog auctions is all we ask. Place a min. of $1,000 in bids in the catalog auctions - not the monthly auctions – and you will keep getting catalogs. Winning something is not a requirement.
Hey Peter, I just want to point out how arbitrary this requirement is. I didn't get a catalogue this time because I didn't bid enough last time. I did win a T206 Mordecai Brown for $950; but it was less than $1,000, so no catalogue for me.

That's okay, I've got more than enough bids in this time.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:38 PM
Peter Calderon

Default Heritage Auction #7165 – Ends TONIGHT - November 17 – 19, 2016!

Just a friendly reminder that open bidding ends tonight at 10:00 pm central for the main session of card lots.

Good luck and thank you to everyone who participates.

Peter
Old 11-17-2016, 05:46 PM
Jay Cee

I opened up the Ty Cobb Rose Post Card, so keep me on the list!
Old 11-17-2016, 08:24 PM
Greg Mitchell

Any doubts on these Plow Boys with never before seen blank backs are legit?