NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Board PM / email issues??

Hey Folks
I have had 2 messages in the last day concerning some email and PM issues. Folks aren't getting emails when they get PMs or aren't getting emails through the system at all? As everyone knows we have been in the process of migrating to a new cloud service. That really shouldn't have caused any issues though. Also, as I have given folks more space in PMs, emails and jpegs maybe the forum is hitting some kind of size limit in data being stored, which could potentially cause some issues. These are just guesses though and I am not aware of us changing any settings otherwise. Are other folks having these kind of problems too? thanks

Last edited by Leon; 04-08-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Email lost in space?

Leon,

Have sent 5-6 different notes via Email in the system to posters on My Mailman's Baseball thread. No images attached. I have received no response, not that any was requested, but have been surprised that none have been acknowledged. Could they be lost in the clouds?

Frank

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:33 AM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

I think this happened with me. About a week ago I sent an email though this site for a BST item and I guess it never went through. I later posted a follow up on BST that I had previously emailed him and he informed me he never got an email. We've since had contact and all is fine, this was the first time someone hadn't responded to an email I've sent through the site.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Christopher Herman

Issues here to:
PM notifications which are sent to my email began going to my Spam folder all of a sudden. Now they are not showing up at all.

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards
Old 04-08-2012, 09:03 AM
pariah1107

Christopher, Sorry to here about the trouble. In case you did not receive my PM... Card was sent Friday to your address. PM or email me back when you receive it. Hope this problem clears up soon. Ty
Old 04-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Richard Cline

As I noted in another thread over on the BST, I had an email that never went through on an offer for a card, not a big deal but I'm sure it could be for some higher dollar cards or high sought after cards.
RC
Old 04-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Leon, it could be how the SMTP(mail) is relayed, if you are on the new servers they might be blocking outbound connections, if you haven't moved yet then it might have been disabled in the last forum update.

Last edited by atx840; 04-08-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default for the moment

I have checked everything on the back end of our s/w and don't see any issues. I sent myself an email through our system, a little while ago, and it never came through. It would be wise to only use PMs or get each others private emails and send them that way as of right now. Again, my apologies for issues. There just isn't anything I am seeing that would prevent the emails from going through. I wish there was so I could fix it. I guess too there is a small chance it is the hosting company playing with the settings as they try to convert us to our own server. The email messages from the hosting company are perplexing to Brian and I as we go through that process. Maybe they have changed something and it will be fixed when the migration is done? Peter Spaeth can testify to a few emails that have been sent as he was inadvertently copied. My messages to them haven't been very nice. best regards

Chirs- I was typing my message as you posted yours....and was in the message for several minutes.....We are in agreement.

because of the importance of this topic I am "sticking" this thread for now.....

Last edited by Leon; 04-08-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Sean Brennan

ouch, this might be why i havent heard back regarding the wide variety of cards thread?
Old 04-08-2012, 10:48 AM

Yes, with the most recent example being yesterday. The message was on Net54, but never made it to my e-mail.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Pete Sycks

I've had pms not being sent via e-mail to me. I thought it was just me.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycks22 View Post
I've had pms not being sent via e-mail to me. I thought it was just me.
My PMs are working as of a minute ago. I don't think regular PMs are an issue right now.

Last edited by Leon; 04-08-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Pete Sycks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
My PMs are working as of a minute ago. I don't think regular PMs are an issue right now.
My pms are working. I meant I'm not getting e-mails that I have received pms like the other guy in this thread. I know it'll work out. Happy Easter Everyone.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycks22 View Post
My pms are working. I meant I'm not getting e-mails that I have received pms like the other guy in this thread. I know it'll work out. Happy Easter Everyone.
Exactly this issue Leon. My PM's are in my folder, but I used to always get an email whenever I had a PM, not lately though (maybe the last week or so).
Old 04-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
Exactly this issue Leon. My PM's are in my folder, but I used to always get an email whenever I had a PM, not lately though (maybe the last week or so).
Thanks Greg....I think it is going to be another week or two, from the way it's going with the hosting company, before we get the server stuff settled. That is IF they don't boot me as a customer . The more I think about it the more I am thinking it could be as Chris said above. What I will probably do is leave this sticky'ed for a few days and then sticky a message on the BST pages, since that is where most communications are done. I guess these are growing pains but they suck.....
Old 04-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
Same here.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default maybe fixed

A quick update. Board member Chris Browne (hey Chris) helped out a bunch last night and we think we might have the email situation fixed, but not positive. I guess I don't get emails but members get emails from me, automatically, when a PM is sent. So that is why I was sort of out of the loop (I never get them unless someone erroneously responds to the automated system email. which doesn't happen too often). Please let us know in this thread if it is still an issue or not.
Also, we are still experiencing some growing pains on getting over to our own cloud server. Our hosting company is in the UK and there have been some severe communication issues to say the least. We didn't start out using this particular company and went with the one they acquired because of the original companies expertise with hosting forums using our software. Now we are neck deep with the new company and changing would be difficult, complicated and expensive. So we are going to try to get the last bits of the migration done and hope for the best. Once these few issues get worked out he forum should be much faster and more stable. (at least that is the plan ) best regards