NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Donny Muth

Default baseball card Podcasts?

One of my other hobbies is metal detecting. I've come across a website whose owner produces Podcasts every two weeks covering various subjects related to metal detecting (hints, tips, recommended books, etc.). The Podcasts are each probably 5 minutes or so long, so they are nothing too time consuming. I downloaded a bunch of them and listened to them on my mp3 player while traveling this past weekend.

Do any Net54 board members know of similar type Podcasts related to baseball cards? Do you think something of this type would be of interest to collectors? I know I for one would love hearing a daily or weekly Podcast or radio show covering vintage card collecting. I spend probably 30-40 minutes each morning and afternoon driving to/from work and would truly love to listen to some hobby related stuff rather than the same old music and talk news radio.

Thoughts?

Old 06-28-2010, 08:08 PM

Ryan Friedman of Auction Report Blog radio does a weekly podcast where he talks about the sports card (& memorabilia) hobby & interviews the owners of auction houses. He does them very inconsistently, like one each week over a span of 2 or 3 months, then not another one for 3 months. Many of them are really good, though.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/auctionreport

Also, I understand Andy Madec does a radio show in California, which can be heard/downloaded, but I haven't heard it.

I would think that a vintage card podcast would be really good, interviewing different collectors with their different expertise (Old judge, zeenut, T206, etc,...). I think I suggested it a few years ago, but nothing came of it.

Alan
Old 03-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Isaac Lane

Default Bump

Just wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone else have heard of any collecting podcasts? I am just starting to listen to them

Or, if you have a favorite podcast, that would be great too.
Thanks.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:25 PM
Joshua

Bump. Can’t find one. It’s all modern card podcasts. Which I am grateful for but would be nice to hear talk on the cards I collect.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:34 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

I found one I like, though it's a baseball history podcast, and not about cards, per se. Also, the two guys that do it are not perfectly accurate, but they are entertaining and usually come up with fun and interesting episode ideas. It's called the Eephus Podcast.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:44 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
I found one I like, though it's a baseball history podcast, and not about cards, per se. Also, the two guys that do it are not perfectly accurate, but they are entertaining and usually come up with fun and interesting episode ideas. It's called the Eephus Podcast.
Absolutely second this recommendation. It is a real fun ride. I've been listening since pretty early on. I haven't found a regular baseball card podcast I care for and I am a pretty active listener.

Here's a blog about podcasts I did for my advertising agency that includes several recommendations:

https://visitaccess.com/podcasts/

Last edited by bbcard1; 02-04-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:48 AM
$cotty @.utin

This is a football one that I listen to quite regularly. It's hosted football ambassador and collector Bob Swick. I'm not sure if he is a member, but I know his cohost is on here (Joe S. "Publius").

It is quite enjoyable if someone is interested in starting a baseball one in the same style. I was fortunate to be a guest to talk about my Army football collection.

http://gridirongreatsmagazine.com/podcast.html

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 02-05-2018, 05:31 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

There is also a weekly show called the Great American Collectibles show with Rico Petrocelli and some other guy... Sponsored by PSA, its about an hour long www.facebook.com/psacard... sometimes has some good info with AH owners and guests...not sure if you would consider it a podcast though...