NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Default The banner doesn't change

Posted By: Steve M.

unless I hit the refresh button. Isn't it supposed to? Or is just me?

Old 11-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Hi Steve,

The way I have the banners set up to work on the Homepage is different from the way they still appear on the individual thread pages. Basically, the code is structured to pick one banner at random out of the eight every time you load/refresh the page. This gives everyone that advertises with us equal time on the board and has a wealth of other advantages to it compared to the Flash Animation sequence. However yes, once the page loads, the banner will no longer be animated or fade in/out.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Over the next few weeks you will see minor appearance changes to the board. Brian McQueen has done an outstanding job on the pages and the banners are working randomly as they are supposed to. Basically, everytime there is a refresh of a page there is a 1 in 9 chance of seeing a particular banner. If you see a banner twice in a row that means there was a 1 in 81 chance of that happening. (9 x 9).. As there are more advertisers, and I think there will be a few more, the chances will get more slim that you see one twice in a row. That means that you could see one now and then 3 refreshes later too. It's totally random. I have also taken down my personal link as I said I would. There will be some more minor changes ahead but nothing catastrophic. Right now there are 3 banners rotating randomly. There is one on the main page, one on the page if you hit a thread, and one on the page if you are making a post. Those are the 3 different pages, technically. Eventually there will be a banner on the BST pages too...and it will be no different than what we have going today on the other pages. I just want to keep everyone up to date.... So far I don't believe I have seen any change in the way people post, the number of unique IP's (although they are up a little), or the number of website hits. Thanks to all for your continued support......I know a few disagree but I do think the board has a little more color, and looks better, due to the ad's...I guess I am biased though....and I am locking this as we have been over everything and this is only an informational post....

Old 11-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
As promised you will notice a few more changes. We are tinkering with the top of the board, obviously. As a supporter of OldCardboard magazine I put their logo up there. It is a little cross advertising as I will probably advertise in oldcardboard .. Nothing is absolutely definite, or firm, yet. There will be some more tweaks as we go.....I am not sure I want to open it up too much but any feedback is ok..to a point .....been there done that as whether to allow the banners or not...but I think they have been done tastefully so far and I haven't seen the demeanor of the board, or the participation, change too much (except we are growing a little bit). Thanks for your patience. I expect everything to be done by Jan 1...best regards

ps..."Net54" is trademarked so the name changed a bit....