NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Dan Bretta

Default We need to dump Flashchat ASAP

Maybe I'm out of line because I dont' use the chat feature of Net54baseball, but for the past two weeks this forum has been slowed to a crawl at times by Flashchat and it's beyond annoying at this point. Who really needs a chat room when you can just as easily use the forums for discussion?
Old 03-05-2011, 02:37 PM

I would hate to see chat go. I don't use it much, but it's good on certain auction nights. BTW, I haven't noticed it slowed to a crawl - at least not in the last 10 days or so, although I am probably not here as much as you [Dan].
Old 03-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Maybe I'm out of line because I dont' use the chat feature of Net54baseball, but for the past two weeks this forum has been slowed to a crawl at times by Flashchat and it's beyond annoying at this point. Who really needs a chat room when you can just as easily use the forums for discussion?
Dan - we were having some serious issues the past 2-3 weeks (there were a few threads) but they have been resolved as far as I can tell as of mid-last week. What issues are you still seeing? Is anyone else still having issues with the chat?

thanks!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Dan Bretta

Earlier today when trying to read and post the forum was hanging for more than a mintue..sometimes longer. I can see at the bottom of the screen it's trying to load the Chat feature. This has been happening intermittently for the past two weeks at least.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default lets watch it

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Earlier today when trying to read and post the forum was hanging for more than a mintue..sometimes longer. I can see at the bottom of the screen it's trying to load the Chat feature. This has been happening intermittently for the past two weeks at least.
I am very much in agreement that if it becomes a problem again we need to do something differently. I don't know what but something. Knock on wood but in the last several days I haven't had an issue. I just went in there to look around, and except for it changing it's look a little bit I don't see any problems. Anyone else have the forum hanging up on them the last few days? If so, could you tell if it was the flashchat stuff causing it? I think that if it can stay working it is definitely better to have it than not. Come the big auction nights it's a blast. regards
Old 03-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Christ0pher C@ssidy

Today I'm finding that it's taking a lot longer to upload threads than usual.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:33 AM
J@son M1ller

Default a bit

It's happening to me a bit as well but it seems as if once I'm through the door and have the page open to Net54 board, then I can move around freely. It only seems to be when first entering the site. A refresh seems to help a bit as well.

Here is the message from the browser:

"Waiting for host718.123flashchat.com..."

edited to add: when i hit "save" for this message it hung up for a minute or so as well.

Last edited by Jaybird; 03-06-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Dave

Seems to really be slowing things right now.

Isn't there a way to put the Chat section on an entirely different page of the site, rather then having it load with every page?
Old 03-06-2011, 11:40 AM
D.B. Cooper

If we get rid of flashchat how will I be able to find out where to get my camel serviced?
Old 03-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Dan Bretta

Happening to me right now too...very annoying. Feels like the old dial-up days of the internet.

I've notified Matt so hopefully we can get this thing figured out.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default Today

It is causing big delays for me today. This is the first time I noticed it.

Jeff
Old 03-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony S. View Post
If we get rid of flashchat how will I be able to find out where to get my camel serviced?
I can think of a few folks here who would be good fits for servicing (ehh ehhmm) your camel...

On the flashchat side, I've notified both 123flashchat and also contacted a competitor this morning.
If any technically inclined person out there can identify an alternative that integrates with vBulletin security, shows the number of current users in the chat on vBulletin (e.g. 2 users currently in chat) and offers a hosted solution (and we're not paying $30 a month) that would be a big help.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:53 AM

for me, I've noticed a board delay but it hasn't been terribly bothersome yet. Usually just refresh the page and it's fine.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Richard A.

Can't you just tweak the site layout/template so that the '0 Users in Chat' link just shows a link that goes to the chat and doesn't try to report how many users are currently using it?

Maybe this affects people that use the chat [being able to easily tell if there are others currently chatting], but if you eliminate that count, which I am assuming originates on the flashchat domain, I'm guessing the problem goes away and you still get to keep the chat feature.

Regards,

Richard.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:35 PM
qu@n nguy3n

when n54 drags i just go over the the freedom board and hang out with frank in the vintage section.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Steve Birmingham

I've had a bit of slowness too, but it's not confined to this board.

The problem might actually be adobeARM, part of the adobe reader updater. Supposedly it can make things take a long time to start or load. That's the same sort of delays I'm seeing. Refresh does make it the individual page load quickly.

Steve B
Old 03-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Pup6913

I dont have any issues with the site not working right but I do know I can let it load for 1/2 hr+ and it never does anything but say connecting.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
On the flashchat side, I've notified both 123flashchat...
Their response:

"Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you .

And we have transferred the host718 server to a new server , and it is high performance , and outperforming reliability , but because the DOS attack to cause great harm in this time , our web master are still working on repaired it , and it needs some time , please understand us , thanks .

And now your chat is working OK , please check it. thanks "

Let's see...
Old 03-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Pup6913

works now
Old 03-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Wow, I see what Dan was talking about now

knew it was slow occasionally last week, but noticed it again a while ago, and it took seven minutes from the time I hit this thread until it let me open up this response box. Not very convenient when you try and sneak on at work, and it takes this long to get anywhere.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Their response:

"Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you .

And we have transferred the host718 server to a new server , and it is high performance , and outperforming reliability , but because the DOS attack to cause great harm in this time , our web master are still working on repaired it , and it needs some time , please understand us , thanks .

And now your chat is working OK , please check it. thanks "

Let's see...
Press 1 for English.

Slow by me, too. Sucks.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Barry Sloate

Early this afternoon I couldn't even get on, but that only lasted a short time.