NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-04-2018, 07:10 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Pal - Per the SITE (not sight) rules you must include your full name when you are offering an opinion of someone or company which you clearly have. You appear to be the one hiding anonymously. If you wish to toss out accusations you should have the grunt to post your name. I am not an expert on Ruth or Gehrig and trust the word of the people that do offer an opinion. However, what little I have learned I would guess that a blind Tibetan monk with Parkinson's Disease could probably do a better forgery that the ones originally shown.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 03-04-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
The COF (Cert of Forgery) is from R&R Enterprises in North Carolina, not to be confused with RR in New Hampshire. The website is amusing. Love the George Bush and Richard Nixon signed baseballs. Both good for a backyard game of catch.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 03-04-2018, 07:22 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

[QUOTE=Shoeless Moe;1754076]and this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TY-COBB-SIG...p2047675.l2557

funny thing in the listing it says "I'm not a collector" yet the Ebay ID is JJCollector504

Love that COF from Bowie Kuhn!! I did not know he was an autograph expert when he was alive.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:38 PM

Default ding974@aol.com

I noticed in Richard Simon's reply he says at the bottom "ask for my autograph price list." So basically you are in the autograph selling business, yourself--isn't that correct? Casting aspersions on competitors in some peoples minds is a way for them to try to get business away from a competitor. Is that the case with you---because it sure appears to be??

In truth, the reason I waited 3 years to respond to VA Yankees comments, is because it was only in the last couple of days a competitor informed me of the same problems he had with the same fellow, and about his posting. I usually don't spend a minute of time looking at these "whine-lines."

What I do find interesting, and give support to my hypothesis, is that from simply posting a rebuttal from some unbeknownst guy to most of you, the immediate inclination on your parts was to immediately start casting accusations and snarky comments in my direction without knowing squat. That is proven by somebody pointing out a Gehrig/Ruth item, that if you actually looked at our website would see we have absolutely not an item signed by either one of them up for sale.

For me, I got my Sunday laughs reading this stuff. Anybody who was lucid who would read most of the posts on this site would also find spending more than a few minutes for entertainment, also a waste of time. If any of the fairy tales that are spun on here had a shred of evidence backing them up, the entities you accuse (all your competitors--but not yourselve's of course) would all be out of business and/or locked up.

So have at it--given you all enough fodder to stay out of your usual haunts like the saloons and the bread lines to knock yourself out and write nasty, disparaging, non-factual comments backed up without 1 shred of evidence until your heart is content, and then maybe when I come back to this site again 10 years from now I'll be able to get some more laughs.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:50 PM
J0n@th@n P@rker

[QUOTE=ding974;1754100]I noticed in Richard Simon's reply he says at the bottom "ask for my autograph price list." So basically you are in the autograph selling business, yourself--isn't that correct? Casting aspersions on competitors in some peoples minds is a way for them to try to get business away from a competitor. Is that the case with you---because it sure appears to

Richard is in the Authentic autograph selling business.

Last edited by parker1b2; 03-04-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:55 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Oh Leon...we have an idiot at the gates...would like to know his name before engaging! Gracias...M@tt McC@rthy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:59 PM
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ding974 View Post
I noticed in Richard Simon's reply he says at the bottom "ask for my autograph price list." So basically you are in the autograph selling business, yourself--isn't that correct? Casting aspersions on competitors in some peoples minds is a way for them to try to get business away from a competitor. Is that the case with you---because it sure appears to be??

In truth, the reason I waited 3 years to respond to VA Yankees comments, is because it was only in the last couple of days a competitor informed me of the same problems he had with the same fellow, and about his posting. I usually don't spend a minute of time looking at these "whine-lines."

What I do find interesting, and give support to my hypothesis, is that from simply posting a rebuttal from some unbeknownst guy to most of you, the immediate inclination on your parts was to immediately start casting accusations and snarky comments in my direction without knowing squat. That is proven by somebody pointing out a Gehrig/Ruth item, that if you actually looked at our website would see we have absolutely not an item signed by either one of them up for sale.

For me, I got my Sunday laughs reading this stuff. Anybody who was lucid who would read most of the posts on this site would also find spending more than a few minutes for entertainment, also a waste of time. If any of the fairy tales that are spun on here had a shred of evidence backing them up, the entities you accuse (all your competitors--but not yourselve's of course) would all be out of business and/or locked up.

So have at it--given you all enough fodder to stay out of your usual haunts like the saloons and the bread lines to knock yourself out and write nasty, disparaging, non-factual comments backed up without 1 shred of evidence until your heart is content, and then maybe when I come back to this site again 10 years from now I'll be able to get some more laughs.
For someone who doesn’t care what the 20 people who use this site have to say, you sure are writing a ton of long winded defensive comments. You sell blatant forgeries man, when I want a good Sunday laugh I hop on over to your auctions, but please, keep on going!
Old 03-04-2018, 10:34 PM
qu@n nguy3n

honesty this guy is good...the stuff they sell is horseshit, but the deflection and diversion is on point! after 18 years of selling crap he's got an excuse and comeback for any situation down pat.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Because I do not have 24/7 to sit on the Internet, with nothing else better to do, and only addressed this matter when it was recently pointed out to me. Obviously you people do have lots of spare time on your hands. My understanding is most of the posters on here are failed individuals in this business-1 of which I know for sure is. You guys act all high and mighty, like you know squat about hand-writing. You make lots of derogatory comments, talk a big game behind the anonymity of the computer-- but offer not a shred of proof backing up your allegations. I'm sure this response will get all kinds of derogatory comments from the jackals who peruse this site night & day. Does not matter to me, nor 99% of the population, who realize what a joke this site is.
You are knucklehead Dingdong PERIOD. Shave your head and start a rock pile.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:23 AM
Steve Birmingham

Highlighting by me.

Quote:
Oh really? No Ruth items for sale?

https://memorabiliacenter.com/produc...sox-display-3/

That website is the same one listed on your LOA as seen here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mant...item4677bc69ce

Soo..... you're the sales manager, and you don't know you've got a Ruth item for sale?
And we're the ones spending our time in saloons?

Unless you actually meant that any Ruth or Gehrig items you're selling are not actually signed by them?
Old 03-05-2018, 10:53 AM
Brendan Mullen

This board has the most knowledgeable collectors in the hobby. I would take people's opinions on this board on authentication over anywhere else, including PSA, JSA etc.

Fact!
Old 03-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
What are there on this sight, 15-20 regulars?? If you think people take you seriously then there would be thousands on here--so keep deluding yourself.
Thanks for joining. Now there are a thousand and a half.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Dave Johnson

Not to dig up old news....but since I look on ebay for Crawford items...it didn't take long to find a thread on similar items here..

A sam crawford auto ball via the Ken Smith collection and a COA from Halper.
Looks like the same seller has sold some others lately too looking at feedback.

I really do love reading the posts on this board.

Last edited by Golfcollector; 09-10-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfcollector View Post
Not to dig up old news....but since I look on ebay for Crawford items...it didn't take long to find a thread on similar items here..

A sam crawford auto ball via the Ken Smith collection and a COA from Halper.
Looks like the same seller has sold some others lately too looking at feedback.

I really do love reading the posts on this board.
I have never agreed with the authenticity of any "Halper" COA. IMO they are all part of a scam.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 09-12-2019, 09:18 AM
octavio ranzola

love richard jaffe shelly but my question is why is coaches corners owners not in jail yet ,why ,,you cant make this up
Old 09-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Andy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson44 View Post
love richard jaffe shelly but my question is why is coaches corners owners not in jail yet ,why ,,you cant make this up
They even have a 30 lb "mystery box." I don't even believe it's 30 lbs and it's probably just a box period.

My favorites this month are the Washingtom and Adams autos done in the same red ink. Wonder where I can find a green sharpie auto of Jefferson?

My GLAC collection (1/240):
https://www.collectorfocus.com/colle...gned-postcards
Old 09-12-2019, 11:23 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycks22 View Post
It's pretty amazing that they used the same pen and has the same amount of fading being that they're signed 9 years apart.
And that he . . uh . . . "they" . . . formed the 7s and 8s the same way!
Old 09-13-2019, 08:47 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson44 View Post
There was, at one time, a serious investigation of CC. For some unknown reason, it came to a screeching halt.
A member here (not me, not Shelly, not Chris) had documented CC's auctions for years and turned over his files to the proper authorities. It seemed that progress was being made and then all of a sudden poof, the investigation came to a screeching halt.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-13-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:11 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
There was, at one time, a serious investigation of CC. For some unknown reason, it came to a screeching halt.
A member here (not me, not Shelly, not Chris) had documented CC's auctions for years and turned over his files to the proper authorities. It seemed that progress was being made and then all of a sudden poof, the investigation came to a screeching halt.
I remember that.