NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on Ebay
Pre-WWII Cards
Post WWII Cards
Vintage Memorabilia
Babe Ruth Cards
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Goudey Cards
Bowman Cards
T205s on Ebay
Tobacco "T" Cards
Caramel "E" Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Football Cards on Ebay
Exhibit Cards
Strip Cards
Baking Cards
Sporting News
Playball Cards on Ebay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 07-22-2013, 11:15 PM
travrosty travrosty is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,239
Default

okay, dont trust me on autographs, i dont care. The people that KNOW me can trust me on them or not.

Recently a very experienced guy with 50 years collecting boxing asked me my opinion on a boxing autograph, that's all i need to know if I know my trade, not dan bretta's approval. I never heard Bretta's name in boxing autograph circles. go figure. Evidently he's a big collector of boxing autographs.

If you don't like Nash, so what? That's their business. Long on wind only. If you got info, let's see it.

Meanwhile I still don't see anyone refuting the articles on HOS, so they make up red herrings to misdirect.

Again, if it were me or anyone else with the same stories, people would still be mad as wet hens because it exposes what people don't want it to expose, so then I or whoever else would just be the target of whatever anybody wanted to bring up about the "messenger". But the message on the website would be the same, which remains uncontested.

No one could be the author of the HOS articles without taking the beating some are intent on giving.

Last edited by travrosty; 07-22-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 07-22-2013, 11:27 PM
mighty bombjack mighty bombjack is offline
Wayne Walker
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 942
Default

Anyway

Does anybody have anything on White Betsy? Like, who wrote the blog, where did it go, and why?
__________________
My Hall of Fame autograph collection

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 07-22-2013, 11:36 PM
travrosty travrosty is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,239
Default

I can see it now.

50 year boxing autograph collector - "Travis, I have known you for a long time and I would like you to take your 20+ years experience and look at this old boxing autograph and let me know what you think."


Travis - "But Dan Bretta on net54 isn't sure about my skills"



50 years boxing collector - "Why didn't you say so, well then forget it"
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 07-22-2013, 11:40 PM
sago sago is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 213
Default

For someone that insists on TPA's owning up to every mistake, you sure are willing to give Nash a free pass on his own legally proven, backed by evidence, misdeeds. The OP still has not been addressed.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 07-23-2013, 12:03 AM
slidekellyslide's Avatar
slidekellyslide slidekellyslide is offline
Dan Bretta
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 5,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
I can see it now.

50 year boxing autograph collector - "Travis, I have known you for a long time and I would like you to take your 20+ years experience and look at this old boxing autograph and let me know what you think."


Travis - "But Dan Bretta on net54 isn't sure about my skills"



50 years boxing collector - "Why didn't you say so, well then forget it"
I do not collect boxing autographs, but your associations in this hobby and your refusal to even comment on the misdeeds of your associates lead me to believe that you aren't really concerned with fraud. I have no idea if your story about a 50 year collector is even true.
__________________
Looking for Nebraska Indians memorabilia, photos and postcards
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 07-23-2013, 12:06 AM
mighty bombjack mighty bombjack is offline
Wayne Walker
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
I can see it now.

50 year boxing autograph collector - "Travis, I have known you for a long time and I would like you to take your 20+ years experience and look at this old boxing autograph and let me know what you think."


Travis - "But Dan Bretta on net54 isn't sure about my skills"



50 years boxing collector - "Why didn't you say so, well then forget it"
Think any 50-year auto collectors have ever submitted an auto to a TPA?
__________________
My Hall of Fame autograph collection

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Fuddjcal Fuddjcal is offline
Chuck Tapia
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
chuck tapia quit the hobby. but i would like to ask him a question.

what on HOS is not true? so you dont like the messenger, we get it. But the message is true and thats why people dont like it.

I don't call anyone names like that and it is only indicative of the fact he is losing the argument, that's when they resort to that type of language.
no, I could care less...it's just after following you for years....you are a jack ass in Every situation, IMHO
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Fuddjcal Fuddjcal is offline
Chuck Tapia
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sago View Post
For someone that insists on TPA's owning up to every mistake, you sure are willing to give Nash a free pass on his own legally proven, backed by evidence, misdeeds. The OP still has not been addressed.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Jack ass at it's finest
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Fuddjcal Fuddjcal is offline
Chuck Tapia
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
chuck tapia quit the hobby. but i would like to ask him a question.

what on HOS is not true? so you dont like the messenger, we get it. But the message is true and thats why people dont like it.

I don't call anyone names like that and it is only indicative of the fact he is losing the argument, that's when they resort to that type of language.
I quit the hobby because of jack asses like yourself....NO, especially YOU. You are an unfeeling jerk in every situation and while I have agreed over the years with 80-90% of your long winded diatribes, you are just an idio tplain and simple, who must have been punched in the head too many times. You are an idiot, who has blinders on where TPA is concerned and it's not fun nor funny. You are simply an ass. You're friendship with a known pond scum like Todd Mueller & Nash (IMHO) speaks volumes about you. and for the record, I do believe most of what Nash writes. He's just a criminal however, like 1/2 the people in this crroked hobby, so I take it with a grain of salt
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Fuddjcal Fuddjcal is offline
Chuck Tapia
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I do not collect boxing autographs, but your associations in this hobby and your refusal to even comment on the misdeeds of your associates lead me to believe that you aren't really concerned with fraud. I have no idea if your story about a 50 year collector is even true.
I don't even care about his skills.....He is a skillful jerk off

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 07-23-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 07-23-2013, 02:53 PM
sago sago is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty bombjack View Post
Anyway

Does anybody have anything on White Betsy? Like, who wrote the blog, where did it go, and why?
I wish I did, but the blog can still be found here, for those who did not initially see it, or wish to read it again:

http://web.archive.org/web/201201210...wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 07-23-2013, 07:15 PM
hugginsandscott hugginsandscott is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post

what on HOS is not true?
I have largely tried to stay out of all of this, however this one I cannot let go. Nash spewed BS in a variety of stories relating to us (and me) and items that we have sold. He went so far as claiming "sources told him that an autographed piece we had originated from a deceased employee of ours, Barry Malkin." This was 100% bull shit. He had no source; he had no basis; it was 100% made up on his part and he tried to drag a decorated Washington, DC Police Captain's name through the mud by saying he purchased stolen material. As someone who writes a public blog, I would expect a better journalistic protocol from him - but alas, he has proven once again that he is, as many of you have called him, a scum bag to the n-th degree.
Sorry - that is all I will say on this matter.
Josh
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 07-23-2013, 07:37 PM
thetruthisoutthere thetruthisoutthere is offline
Christopher Williams
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugginsandscott View Post
I have largely tried to stay out of all of this, however this one I cannot let go. Nash spewed BS in a variety of stories relating to us (and me) and items that we have sold. He went so far as claiming "sources told him that an autographed piece we had originated from a deceased employee of ours, Barry Malkin." This was 100% bull shit. He had no source; he had no basis; it was 100% made up on his part and he tried to drag a decorated Washington, DC Police Captain's name through the mud by saying he purchased stolen material. As someone who writes a public blog, I would expect a better journalistic protocol from him - but alas, he has proven once again that he is, as many of you have called him, a scum bag to the n-th degree.
Sorry - that is all I will say on this matter.
Josh
You mean that everything that Nash writes isn't the truth?

I'm shocked...........
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 07-23-2013, 09:04 PM
slidekellyslide's Avatar
slidekellyslide slidekellyslide is offline
Dan Bretta
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 5,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugginsandscott View Post
I have largely tried to stay out of all of this, however this one I cannot let go. Nash spewed BS in a variety of stories relating to us (and me) and items that we have sold. He went so far as claiming "sources told him that an autographed piece we had originated from a deceased employee of ours, Barry Malkin." This was 100% bull shit. He had no source; he had no basis; it was 100% made up on his part and he tried to drag a decorated Washington, DC Police Captain's name through the mud by saying he purchased stolen material. As someone who writes a public blog, I would expect a better journalistic protocol from him - but alas, he has proven once again that he is, as many of you have called him, a scum bag to the n-th degree.
Sorry - that is all I will say on this matter.
Josh
Another post that Travis will conveniently ignore. And that "Sources say" crap is yellow journalism 101. He also likes to claim the "FBI is closing in..."...they're really taking their sweet time "closing in".
__________________
Looking for Nebraska Indians memorabilia, photos and postcards
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 07-23-2013, 09:04 PM
mighty bombjack mighty bombjack is offline
Wayne Walker
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sago View Post
I wish I did, but the blog can still be found here, for those who did not initially see it, or wish to read it again:

http://web.archive.org/web/201201210...wordpress.com/
Thank you! Sure wish the pictures were there.
__________________
My Hall of Fame autograph collection

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 PM
mighty bombjack mighty bombjack is offline
Wayne Walker
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Another post that Travis will conveniently ignore. And that "Sources say" crap is yellow journalism 101. He also likes to claim the "FBI is closing in..."...they're really taking their sweet time "closing in".
Agreed on all counts. Any claim that Nash makes along the lines of "sources say" and "experts we spoke to agreed" got ZERO credence, and there are a number of them in his posts.
__________________
My Hall of Fame autograph collection

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 07-24-2013, 06:45 AM
markf31 markf31 is offline
Mark Fox
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty bombjack View Post
Agreed on all counts. Any claim that Nash makes along the lines of "sources say" and "experts we spoke to agreed" got ZERO credence, and there are a number of them in his posts.
+1

And how is this for ironic, Travis you post on here ranting on and on, over and over again about how PSA and JSA never divulge or specify who looks at and authenticates a particular autograph, yet you apparently gladly give Nash a pass when in his stories he always uses ambiguous terms such as "sources say" and "experts we spoke to agreed". Why can't Nash specify who these sources are and who these experts he spoke to are?

But again as always, you won't answer ANY direct questions posed to you about Nash. You'll ignore them, picking and choosing to reply to only certain questions directed at you. Why? Are you afraid that your responses to these questions might impinge upon Nash's "good" name?
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 AM
slidekellyslide's Avatar
slidekellyslide slidekellyslide is offline
Dan Bretta
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 5,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post
+1

And how is this for ironic, Travis you post on here ranting on and on, over and over again about how PSA and JSA never divulge or specify who looks at and authenticates a particular autograph, yet you apparently gladly give Nash a pass when in his stories he always uses ambiguous terms such as "sources say" and "experts we spoke to agreed". Why can't Nash specify who these sources are and who these experts he spoke to are?

But again as always, you won't answer ANY direct questions posed to you about Nash. You'll ignore them, picking and choosing to reply to only certain questions directed at you. Why? Are you afraid that your responses to these questions might impinge upon Nash's "good" name?
He won't answer them because he doesn't really care about fraud in his "beloved" hobby. There's something else going on here.
__________________
Looking for Nebraska Indians memorabilia, photos and postcards
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:11 PM
thetruthisoutthere thetruthisoutthere is offline
Christopher Williams
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
He won't answer them because he doesn't really care about fraud in his "beloved" hobby. There's something else going on here.
And you're shocked......
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:28 PM
slidekellyslide's Avatar
slidekellyslide slidekellyslide is offline
Dan Bretta
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 5,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
And you're shocked......
No, not really.
__________________
Looking for Nebraska Indians memorabilia, photos and postcards
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:45 PM
thetruthisoutthere thetruthisoutthere is offline
Christopher Williams
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
No, not really.
I know....
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 07-25-2013, 07:19 PM
sago sago is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 213
Default

Is there any chance that the auction houses that initially offered what turned out to be forgeries, such as the trophy balls, Jennings SS ball, and other high-end items, would reveal the names of the consignors?

If the item was resold I would not expect to find out who. But whoever consigned the items in the first place to Christie's, Mastro, etc., will know who the forgers likely are, if they are not themselves the forgers. HIPPA, lawyer-client, and confessional issues do not apply here.

It's probably rhetorical to ask, but it seems like the major auction houses know who the forgers are, but their buyers are not allowed to.

Last edited by sago; 07-25-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Grammar
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Murray Chass slams Peter Nash Jlighter Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 58 05-14-2013 04:47 PM
Interesting Article On Peter Nash thetruthisoutthere Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports 41 05-09-2013 04:34 PM
Peter Nash and Hauls of Shame Rich Klein Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 48 07-05-2012 02:41 PM
Peter Nash loses again..... Leon Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 65 01-30-2012 05:10 AM
Peter Nash in the news again. sports-rings Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 0 03-15-2011 05:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.


ebay GSB