NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 06-30-2016, 06:20 AM
Richard Simon

Paul Simon tonight in Forest Hills, NY.
Simon is coming home .
Will update tomw.
Paul put on another wonderful show. I have been seeing him for as long as I can remember.
--
He was as good as ever though not quite as nimble on stage as I remember.
Guess he has to make concessions to age.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 08-08-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:07 AM
Richard Simon

Default Paul McCartney - Met Life Stadium

August 7.
A great McCartney show once again.
Definitely an older crowd but a scattering of youth throughout the stadium.
Sitting behind me was a grandmother, a mother and two girls about 10-12 years old.
When I commended the mom for instilling her daughters with musical taste she said that her mother did it for her and she is doing it now.
She said every morning her kids get breakfast with The Beatles.
The girls knew the words to many songs.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 08-09-2016, 07:13 PM

Pearl Jam at Fenway Park. I'm not normally a huge into concerts, but they put on one heck of a show. Some awesome covers too including Comfortably Numb.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:57 PM
Todd

Default Been a while...

...finally seeing some shows again.

Slipknot and Marilyn Manson last month. Korn and Rob Zombie later this month.

Good times!
Old 08-15-2016, 09:22 AM
Jason Albregts

Paul McCartney Saturday night at Busch Stadium. Great show and I took my son Jude to see it.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:13 PM
T0dd M@rcum

I have Kiss on the schedule for next month. Will have seen them at 16, 36 and 56, which is pretty cool, IMO.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:35 PM
Ronald Glenn

Location: Lake Norman N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)

Seen Parmalee and got to meet them backstage
Old 09-01-2016, 10:13 AM

Several people mentioned seeing Rush.
I last saw them on the R40 Tour on July 25, 2015 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The first time I saw them was in 1986.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Archive

I went and seen these guys last night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black Sabbath.jpg (67.4 KB, 234 views)
Old 09-01-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
How was it?
When I went and saw Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Dio on vocals), they were great.
But I've been hesitant about this Sabbath tour with Ozzy, because I've seen Ozzy a few times over the years and been underwhelmed.

Last edited by chud; 09-01-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:04 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantmorecards77 View Post
...finally seeing some shows again.

Slipknot and Marilyn Manson last month. Korn and Rob Zombie later this month.

Good times!
A couple friends from work seen them a week or so ago in Toronto. Both said it was a great show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
Black Sabbath just played here in Toronto the other night as well. Also heard it was a great show, which I can understand, seeing as it's the original members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
How was it?
When I went and saw Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Dio on vocals), they were great.
But I've been hesitant about this Sabbath tour with Ozzy, because I've seen Ozzy a few times over the years and been underwhelmed.

Great album!

Last edited by irv; 09-01-2016 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
How was it?
I thought they put on a good show and really enjoyed the concert.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:48 PM
John

Don Henley coming up on Sept. 20th in Boston.

john
Old 09-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Saw Paul McCartney a couple weeks ago and he was INCREDIBLE.

Took my mother, whose first concert was the Beatles in Cleveland in 1964.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Richard Simon

Van Morrison,, Forest Hills, NY on Oct 9,, fortunately there is no NL playoff game scheduled for that night so I won't miss a Mets game.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-05-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Rich Nelson

Its been a pretty good summer for concerts for me. Started with Parmalee playing here in Lima Ohio. Tickets didn't sell real good and managed to get 11th row seats for half price. Came to $42 for the pair. After that was the Buckeye Country Superfest at Ohio Stadium Day one was A Thousand Horses, Aaron Lewis, Thomas Rhett, Lady Antebellum and Jason Aldean. Day 2 was The Swon Brothers, Jarrod Niemann, Randy Howser, Dierks Bentley, Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan. I have been to this show 2 years running and it is great. Aug 12 saw KISS for the 11th time. Great as always. Been my favorite band since 76. 2 weeks ago saw Kelsea Ballerini and Rascal Flatts in Lima at the county fair.. Not to impressed with her, but Rascal Flatts was excellent as always. Just got back yesterday from Lexington KY. They have a 3 day Labor Day show called Red White and Boom at the Lexington Legends minor league ballpark. We only went to day 3 which had Canaan Smith, Jon Pardi, Cole Swindell and Florida Georgia Line. All 4 bands were enjoyable. Possibly Keith Urban coming up in Oct in Toledo, wifes work permitting.

Could have seen Ted Nugent in town here last monday, but didn't. Love his music, but he needs to take a cue from the title of an old Frank Zappa album, and Shut Up And Play Your Guitar. Tickets were 60 and 70 and he only plays 11 songs. The last few days you could get them discounted on Groupon. I have seen him several times and he plays great, but enough of the political stuff. Didn't want to listen to a whole night of that, and being an election year there was a bunch of it. According the the review in the paper and what some friends told me he came out and spent the first 2 or 3 minutes bashing Obama and Hillary before he played the first note. To me, thats not a concert, it is more of a political rally. I WANT MUSIC!
Old 09-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Phish coming up October 16th in Jacksonville. Haven't been to a Phish show since the mid-90's...can't wait!
Old 09-06-2016, 02:31 PM
ThreadKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn1661 View Post
Its been a pretty good summer for concerts for me. Started with Parmalee playing here in Lima Ohio. Tickets didn't sell real good and managed to get 11th row seats for half price. Came to $42 for the pair. After that was the Buckeye Country Superfest at Ohio Stadium Day one was A Thousand Horses, Aaron Lewis, Thomas Rhett, Lady Antebellum and Jason Aldean. Day 2 was The Swon Brothers, Jarrod Niemann, Randy Howser, Dierks Bentley, Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan. I have been to this show 2 years running and it is great. Aug 12 saw KISS for the 11th time. Great as always. Been my favorite band since 76. 2 weeks ago saw Kelsea Ballerini and Rascal Flatts in Lima at the county fair.. Not to impressed with her, but Rascal Flatts was excellent as always. Just got back yesterday from Lexington KY. They have a 3 day Labor Day show called Red White and Boom at the Lexington Legends minor league ballpark. We only went to day 3 which had Canaan Smith, Jon Pardi, Cole Swindell and Florida Georgia Line. All 4 bands were enjoyable. Possibly Keith Urban coming up in Oct in Toledo, wifes work permitting.

Could have seen Ted Nugent in town here last monday, but didn't. Love his music, but he needs to take a cue from the title of an old Frank Zappa album, and Shut Up And Play Your Guitar. Tickets were 60 and 70 and he only plays 11 songs. The last few days you could get them discounted on Groupon. I have seen him several times and he plays great, but enough of the political stuff. Didn't want to listen to a whole night of that, and being an election year there was a bunch of it. According the the review in the paper and what some friends told me he came out and spent the first 2 or 3 minutes bashing Obama and Hillary before he played the first note. To me, thats not a concert, it is more of a political rally. I WANT MUSIC!
agree 1000% (as if that's even possible?!)...saw Springsteen many years ago, considered taking Mom to see Streisand a few tmes, but...never saw Nugent, and while I like his MUSIC (dating back to the mid/late 1970's - I'm a 50-something) I also wouldn't appreciate all of the political BS...cut out all of the political crap and do what we (the paying ticket holders) are paying for: play your freakin' music!...I remember when I took my parents to see Little Richard in a small, local club back in the early/mid-1990's, and 2/3rds of his on-stage time was spent bitching about how the industry and in-person crowd was ripping him off w/photos/bootleg videos rather than concentrating on his music (which - when he actually played that evening - was outstanding!) as we expected, even getting vociferously bood and cutting his performance short by 1/3 or more...again, as an entertainer, STFU and play!...

in LR's case, I understand piracy laws, but STFU and PERFORM!

while I can - at least somewhat - understand individual stances on issues, - entertainers AND athletes, especially the recent (perhaps misguided?, depending on individual perspectives) opportunity to take advantage of their status/perceived self-importance - save THAT crap for interviews and op-ed articles when the target audience had minimal expectations or $$$ invested...

JMO.

DS
Old 09-22-2016, 05:11 PM
John

Roxanne and I saw Don Henley and his 15 piece band Tuesday night in Boston. Ma.
He Dedicated the last song to Glenn Frey which was the first one he co-wrote with him.
It was a great show.

any guess what the last song was?

john
Old 09-23-2016, 08:21 AM
Jay Shelton

I'll be seeing Kansas live on October 15 at the Majestic Theater in Dallas. Will be the fifth time to see them since 1991, and the first time with their new lead singer, Ronnie Platt. Their new album, The Prelude Implicit (first new album in 16 years) was released today, and it is fantastic!
Old 09-25-2016, 08:26 PM
tony

Been a while but took a lady to see Meatloaf on 11 september 1994 and am still with her 22 years later
Old 09-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles Guy View Post
Paul McCartney Saturday night at Busch Stadium. Great show and I took my son Jude to see it.
That's awesome. I really wanted to catch that show, but was travelling and missed it.

I saw Slayer and Anthrax in St Louis last week. \m/(-.-)\m/

Seeing Jason Isbell, the Avett Brothers, Nathaniel Rateliff, etc at a festival this weekend.

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/collectingbrooklyn/
Old 09-28-2016, 11:41 AM
Andy Sargent

Default Guns and Roses

Just noticed this thread!

I saw Guns and Roses in Toronto in July...............phenomenal concert, well over 3 hours long. I am a huge SLASH fan and have followed him for the last few years doing his solo thing (3 times live) but to see him with Duff and Axl was beyond words.

It was the concert where someone on his road crew had been caught at the border with a gun!

Axl sounded great, yes his voice has changed a little but he hit the notes when he had to and SLASH slayed his solos.

A memorable night!!

Andy
Old 09-29-2016, 07:31 PM

Default Cat Stevens

My daughter chose his concert at the Beacon in NYC last week in lieu of other gifts for her 17th birthday and saw one of the best shows I've been to in a long time. His voice is still moving and I was reminded how amazing his songwriting and musical phrasing really is. It was his first show in the city in 40 years. I was glad we got to see him.
Off to Graham Nash Saturday, Squeeze in a couple of weeks and then the Monkees later in October.

I also feel like I've done something right if my daughter would rather see Cat Stevens than anything else for her birthday.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Saw Tom Jones at a small theater in NJ last week. What a hoot. Guy is in his 70s and the voice hasn't lost anything. Remarkable performer. Full house, had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Not someone I ever thought I would see, but he was 15 minutes from my house. Glad I went.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Richard Simon

Van Morrison Oct 9 at Forest Hills Stadium, NY,,, The Man is still great and his band is super. His daughter opened the show with a short set which closed with Jackie Wilson's Higher and Higher. Van only does 90 mins now but he leaves you wanting more.
--
Old 10-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Rich Nelson

Saw Drake White and The Big Fire, Randy Houser and Dierks Bentley last night in Ft. Wayne, IN. Good show.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:24 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Saw Tom Jones at a small theater in NJ last week. What a hoot. Guy is in his 70s and the voice hasn't lost anything. Remarkable performer. Full house, had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Not someone I ever thought I would see, but he was 15 minutes from my house. Glad I went.
Similar story, only it was Kris Kristofferson I went to see.

My wife wanted to take her Mother, who was a huge fan, so I obliged but was thinking I was likely in for a relatively boring night, but I quickly found out it was one of the best shows I had ever seen!

He was great, his band was great and the music he played was upbeat and entertaining!
I was so glad I went, I wanted to know where he was playing his next show as I wanted to experience it again.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:44 AM
Bob Davies

Desert Trip.

Weekend 2.

'Nuff said...
Old 11-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Richard Simon

Stand Up For Heroes,, a benefit show at the theater at MSG.
Jon Stewart
Jerry Seinfeld
Jim Gaffigan
Louis CK
Bruce Springsteen

First time I have seen this annual benefit.
Bruce only does four songs acoustic versions.
Great show and laugh your ass off funny for all the comedians.
--
Old 11-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Saw Yes members Jon Anderson, Rick Wakefield and Trevor Rabin. Wow wow wow. If you are into the music of Yes, definitely see them. Jon Anderson sounds truly remarkable. What a voice.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:18 PM
John

Default Billy Joel at MSG

Went last Friday. In addition to his songs he also did partial covers of Witchy Woman and Werewolves of London for Halloween. It was the first time I saw him live, and I'm glad I did.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:26 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Went and saw Night Ranger last Saturday. They can still bring it. It really seemed like they truly enjoyed playing together. Great show!
Old 11-22-2016, 07:45 AM
Richard Simon

Billy Joel last night at MSG.
I have lost count of how many times I have seen him over the years but probably up around 15.
The Piano Man still has it.
And he did a cover of Born To Run.
Great show.
--
Old 11-22-2016, 08:37 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Saw Elvis Costello recently and he was good. Crowd was terrible though. I'd suggest avoiding shows at casinos. The front rows were folks who were about 25 years too old for the room, seemingly had no idea what they were handed free tickets for, and were utterly bored and walked out mid song. If I was a performer I would never play these joints, but maybe the pay is good and at some point you stop caring about bad crowds.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:07 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Was at bliiy joel again on monday night, at msg. The guy rocks, sounds as good if not better than when he was young. If u like billy its a must see
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Todd Jenkins

Saw Earth Wind and Fire and Chicago together. Awesome concert! They came out together for the first half hour then Earth Wind and Fire played for an hour followed by Chicago for an hour then they came together the last half hour. One of the best concerts I have been to!

[https://www.flickr.com/photos/187700522@N03/

Recent positve trades with: Brian Van Horn, frank bmd, nkesterke09, ajg, esehombre, mrmantlecollector, KC Doughboy, gregr2,bn2cardz, sycks22
Old 11-25-2016, 07:25 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Billy Joel last night at MSG.
I have lost count of how many times I have seen him over the years but probably up around 15.
The Piano Man still has it.
And he did a cover of Born To Run.
Great show.
Ha i was at the same show
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:49 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

I saw someone playing a good cowbell at a blue oyster cult concert and great gold suits in a sha na na concert.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Richard Simon

Fri nite at State Theater in New Brunswick, NJ Melissa Etheridge rocked the house.
She has become an amazing guitarist and did several lengthy solos that brought roars.
An amazing show.
I have been a fan of Etheridge since practically the beginning when she could sell out MSG, which was the first time I saw her in person. The lady really rocks. Though now she plays much smaller venues.
--
Old 01-16-2017, 10:58 AM
Neal

Saw Eddie Money & Starship this past Saturday night at the Pompano Outdoor Amphitheater. Awesome show, both sounded great!
Old 01-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjenkins View Post
Saw Earth Wind and Fire and Chicago together. Awesome concert! They came out together for the first half hour then Earth Wind and Fire played for an hour followed by Chicago for an hour then they came together the last half hour. One of the best concerts I have been to!
That's a show I'd like to see
Old 01-16-2017, 05:41 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Fri nite at State Theater in New Brunswick, NJ Melissa Etheridge rocked the house.
She has become an amazing guitarist and did several lengthy solos that brought roars.
An amazing show.
I have been a fan of Etheridge since practically the beginning when she could sell out MSG, which was the first time I saw her in person. The lady really rocks. Though now she plays much smaller venues.
Saw her in the early Nineties at South Street Seaport. She was rockin' even then.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:49 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Anyone up for some COLT FORD?
He is gonna be playing in my town January 28th at the Forum. I think tickets are 25-50 bucks.
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice
Old 03-21-2017, 06:58 AM
Richard Simon

Default Eric Clapton is in the house

At MSG last night,,,
What a great show,,
Jimmy Vaughan
Gary Clark Jr whom I have become a big fan of, if you don't know him find some of his stuff, amazing guitar
and
Eric Clapton but only for 95 minutes which was a little disappointing.
I have seen him for about 30 years and this was the first time he did a short set. Though I guess he is making a concession to age but he was great as he always is.
One thing though I was a bit surprised about. Several concerts around the world have done a tribute Johnny B Goode for Chuck Berry and I really expected that last night. No such luck.
--
Old 03-24-2017, 06:47 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
At MSG last night,,,
What a great show,,
Jimmy Vaughan
Gary Clark Jr whom I have become a big fan of, if you don't know him find some of his stuff, amazing guitar
and
Eric Clapton but only for 95 minutes which was a little disappointing.
I have seen him for about 30 years and this was the first time he did a short set. Though I guess he is making a concession to age but he was great as he always is.
One thing though I was a bit surprised about. Several concerts around the world have done a tribute Johnny B Goode for Chuck Berry and I really expected that last night. No such luck.
No one can question for a nanosecond Clapton's expertise. A virtuoso. But I won't pay to see him in concert. I don't think he enjoys performing live at all and the whole thing seems pretty joyless and maybe a little mechanical to me. Disagree?
Old 03-25-2017, 09:15 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
No one can question for a nanosecond Clapton's expertise. A virtuoso. But I won't pay to see him in concert. I don't think he enjoys performing live at all and the whole thing seems pretty joyless and maybe a little mechanical to me. Disagree?
That might be a bit harsh but if you have not seen him ? how do you make that judgment?
--
Old 03-25-2017, 12:05 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
That might be a bit harsh but if you have not seen him ? how do you make that judgment?
Have seen video of him performing on YouTube and elsewhere. And have been to benefit type shows at MSG where he's done a short set.

He's probably a great guy. Not disparaging. Just doesn't seem to be a guy who gets a rise out of live gigs.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 03-25-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:16 PM
Jim H

Saw Loverboy Friday night at the local casino. I liked the small venue as it held a couple hundred people having a good time. I enjoyed the '80s groupies still trying to hang on!
Old 03-27-2017, 11:24 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

There was a good show last night in my bathroom.
Oh Boy where I begin. I lathered up the 'strings' of body hair and bubbly 'vocals' were flowing from high above. The drums were tub stomping away the b'ass tunes from arear's. As soon as the soap touched the visionary peak, the vocals were a 'blazing' on fire. the spin on the turntable and gargling of minty notes on the harmonica was to a glorious end on the bowl of fame.
How was your night??
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice