NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Default Cards stolen? misplaced?

Possibly I've just forgotten where I put these, but I've checked a couple of times in every place I could think of where I might keep my cards, and they do appear to be missing. Everything else is right where it should be. I've had several people working at the house in the past couple of months for a new AC installation and repair, and these might have just been out in the open on a shelf in the house during that time so theft is possible, but it seems unlikely (right?) that any one of those few people would both take the time to snoop around and would recognize the cards as valuable. I was in the house the whole time, which i presume makes it even less likely. Hoping they just ended up boxed away with some unrelated stuff during spring cleaning. Anyway, I wanted to put out an APB for these two overprint E94s. They're distinctive enough that there shouldn't be any question if there's a match. Please let me know if you see them show up for sale anywhere, and I'll post an update if I locate them. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E94 Byrne front.jpg (75.4 KB, 667 views)
File Type: jpg E94 Byrne back.jpg (74.8 KB, 667 views)
File Type: jpg E94 Magee.jpg (72.6 KB, 667 views)
File Type: jpg E94 Magee back.jpg (76.9 KB, 673 views)
Old 07-06-2016, 08:38 AM
James
James Kin.chen

Hopefully one of the workers didn't steal the cards. I "lost" a box of cards quite a few years ago. A couple years later I was looking through some some stuff and found the cards. I have also had a worker steal from me while working inside my house. It wasn't cards. He stole a gold chain and $125-150 in quarters. I hope you find out what happened. Watch Ebay to see if the cards show up on there.
James

On a side note, I find it humorous that YOUR was used wrong on the back of the Magee card. Should be YOU'RE.

Last edited by jfkheat; 07-06-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:05 AM
Scott Russell

I actually had to go back to a house I sold after I had been moved out for a month and ask if I could co into the drop ceiling in the basement to retrieve a few cards. Was my primitive security measure, who would ever look in a drop ceiling? They were still there.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-23-2016, 10:51 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Default Case closed

Found them. Just left them in an odd place hidden on a bookshelf.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:05 AM
tony

Great news.
I once misplaced my whole workforces pay one week!
I had to rush to the bank and replace it.
Literally months later I found it stashed in a kitchen drawer under the cutlery!!
Old 07-24-2016, 07:44 AM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default Expect More Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
Found them. Just left them in an odd place hidden on a bookshelf.
I think you will find that as you get older there will be similar mysteries and resolutions befalling you....at an increasingly accelerated rate. At our house my saying "I'm missing a baseball card !!!" has become a mantra/joke.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:21 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

I know the feeling. Every card that I list on eBay is carefully placed in a storage box. I have it setup in 26 sections for each letter of the alphabet. So, when the auction ends, I can easily find the card based on the players last name. Every so often, I go to retrieve a card under a specific letter and the card is missing. The first thought is that the people who clean my house stole it. My heart drops. How do I explain to the buyer? I then go thru each of the 26 sections, and find that I placed it in the wrong section. A Cobb card might have ended up under T instead of C. It's those few minutes of panic that chip away years from my life.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 07-24-2016, 09:53 AM
Richard D

Getting old, not for the faint-hearted.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:16 PM
Brian clif.ford

I had a super bizarre case a couple years ago. One day all of a sudden I couldn't find a book of through the mail autographs/in person autographs I had. I had brought them to a card shop a couple days earlier to show the owner who I was friends with. A kid and his father ( who was an NFL ref) looked through the cards. I knew nobody there took them but I called the owner and no dice. Though he kept a look out for the cards til he closed. After a day of looking I open a box and notice my watches were gone. Called the police, turns out someone had just walked in and helped themselves when a family member left a door unlocked, the guy walked by 1000's of dollars of cards clearly out in boxes and safes and took pretty much worthless ( but very sentimental) in person and ttm autographs, even minor leaguer signed balls. Never found the cards though I do have a couple ideas as to who probably stole them. It was very odd.

Last edited by Bruinsfan94; 07-24-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:01 PM
S Gross

Glad you found them !!!

I usually find "missing" cards left in my scanner !!!!

What a drag it is getting old (but fun also )