NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-17-2002, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Default Rebacked Cobb with Red Hindu on Ebay

Posted By: Art M. 

Ebay alert:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1813377453

The T206 Cobb (green portrait) IS NOT POSSIBLE with a Hindu Red back.

Old 03-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BRIAN

What do you expect, it's in a PRO holder and being sold by psa-card. There feedback speaks for itself. Anyone who takes the card out of the holder and resubmits it to another service will find out the card's been altered, they are betting that 90% of the buyers will never take it out.
stay away from these people! brian

Old 03-17-2002, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Old 03-17-2002, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

Why is this front/back combination not possible?

Old 03-17-2002, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

anyone else think the 98% positive feedback requirement for Powerseller status is too lenient? I have seen a number of powersellers, such as this clown, that would lose their status if you moved it up to 99%, which should not be a problem if eBay really wants the best of the best to be able to carry this tag and no problem for the sellers since even a 1% complaint rate is too high for somene that truly runs an honest business.

Jay

Old 03-17-2002, 04:57 PM
Administrator

I agree jay, private auctions help crooks, not quality dealers. I don't care what the merchandise is, you shouldn't worry about the identity of the bidders.
I stand 100% behind what i sell, and expect others to do the same. be well brian

Old 03-17-2002, 04:59 PM
Administrator

David
GREEN BACK COBBS ARE AVAILABLE WITH BROWN HINDU BACKS , NOT RED. I HAVE OWNED 2 WITH BROWN HINDU BACKS, AND NO LEGIT CARDS ARE AVAILABLE IN BOTH.
BE WELL BRIAN

Old 03-17-2002, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

Jay --

I also agree. 99% would make customers feel more comfortable and perhaps, make some sellers work harder.

Best regards,
Michael

Old 03-17-2002, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

While I hate playing the devil's advocate, I feel it's necessary to point out a fundamental problem with eBay auctions, namely, that other bidders can see the names of other people bidding on the same items. This is a serious flaw with the fairness of their auctions that forces you to either overbid early or snipe at the very end of the auction to increase your chances of winning. No "live" auction has this problem.

I have some insight into the workings of eBay and I can tell you that they have no love of auctions - they'd much prefer to have the fixed-price format of their Half.com subsidiary. Their "Stores" effort is an example of where they're heading.

I fully agree that this seller is dishonest and should be summarily booted.

Old 03-17-2002, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

I am not doubting the conclusion (that a Ty Cobb Green does not appear with a red Hindu back), but am curious as what is the reasoning behind it. Why is it not possible for the particular Cobb to apper with one variation but not the other? Is it a matter or crunching the population numbers, or does the red variation appear only with particular factory(ies) that did not produce this Cobb, or other? Just curious. Thx

Old 03-17-2002, 07:36 PM
Administrator

David

all I know is that any player that appears with a brown hindu can't appear with a red hindu, period. RED hindu's are very tough, and have never been seen on cards that also have brown hindu backs. thanks brian

Old 03-17-2002, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: marty

The creases on the back and the front do not seem to match.