NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-26-2007, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Default Has anyone bought back a card they used to own?

Posted By: Bruce

There's a card on ebay that was once mine and now I want it back. It will probably cost me at least 5 times more than what I sold it for a year or two ago. It's a bit irritating, knowing I will take a big financial hit, but sometimes rationale goes out the window with my card collecting. Has anyone else been in this predicament?

Old 01-26-2007, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Kravitz

Without giving too much away, what card is it? Fortunately I have never regreted selling a card only the price I sold it for. Why is this particular card so important?

Old 01-26-2007, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I traded away a card I really liked and bought it back from the dealer some time later.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...of low grade commons only to reacquire one of them back in a low grade acquisition a few years later. I thought it was quite amusing at the time. I dumped it again a few days later. If I get it again in the future, I'll hold onto it for karma reasons -- I mean, then it will be obvious that the baseball card gods want me to have that card.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Elkins

I am doing the same thing right now with a Jackson E90-1 I use to own. So, everyone check my eBay auctions tomorrow and bid heavily, as this card is costing me over double what I sold it for!

Old 01-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren

Back in 1991 or so, when I was a starving college kid, I sold a run of topps, fleer, and donruss sets--1981 to 1990, to a older gentlemen who was looking to get started in collecting. In 2000, I ran into this guy again and bought them back for a fraction of the price I originally sold them.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Klein

I owned on 3 seperate occassions in the 80's

Old 01-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Every transaction is unique, so you can buy and sell the same item a hundred times if each deal works for you.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I bought and sold a baseball painting twice, each time selling it for a profit. Go figure.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I bought a t206 Lajoie from Ted Golden that I will be selling back to him when I a get another Lajoie card to replace it with.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Trae R.

I bought back the first T206 I ever owned 4 or 5 years later for 2 1/2 times the original price.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

I will get tired of trying to complete a set like E97, sell them all off, and later when the mood strikes, end up buying a few of the same ones back. Quan and I have exchanged the same E98 Tinker SGC 40 four times. It started out raw and is now encapsulated. One of the cards I always regretted selling and later bought back at 2-3x the selling price was an E97 McConnell with a ghost back. I just thought it was a great card and bought it back from Pete C.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: howard

When I was a kid in the early 80's I had a friend who had various psychological problems including kleptomania. He used to steal cards from me on occasion but he would give me back more and better cards. For example he took a '58 Ford and later gave me a '60 Mantle before I even knew the Ford was missing. As long as I was getting the better of the deals I let this go on. Sadly, it soon became evident that he was running a sort of Ponzi scheme, stealing from one friend and giving to another. In all he involved at least six of us. We did our best to get the cards back to the proper owners.

Anyway, in keeping w/the original post (sort of) I got most of my cards, including the Ford, back.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Dawson

Back in 1979, my mom bought me 1933 Goudeys of Babe Ruth (#53) and Lou Gehrig (#92). I sold them in 1991, along with practically my entire collection.

Then in 2003 I was searching ebay and saw the Ruth, now a PSA 1. I recognized markings and creases on the card as identical to the one my mom bought me. It cost me $650 to buy it back, when it cost my mom $65 in 1979.

It was a very sentimental find for me, as my mom died in 2003, and those two cards were the first ones she ever bought for me when I was just starting in the hobby

Steve

Old 01-27-2007, 04:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

steve that is really a good story. i'll bet that ruth card is very special!

Old 01-27-2007, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

i have done that recently with a T206 piedmont fac. 42...it was ony a month or so since i sold it, so price was about the same...

i have also done several trades with a close friend, where we shuffled around cards back and forth for months...can actually be a fun thing, and you end up owning more different cards over time...

Old 01-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

MVSNYC and Guys,

I really enjoying trading cards, besides our B/S/T Board, is there any other place on the net where I can trade cards.

Peter

Old 01-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

I bought a matted photograph of Fred Snodgrass, that was matted with a signed index card of his once, at the Cincinnati show years ago. A short time later I sold it to a guy who had been at the show with me. And then I bought it back from him about 2 years later. Never have gotten it framed... but it is neat to have an autograph of one of the T206 guys....

Old 01-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Preece1

I sold the George Wright CDV, made a deal to sell the Harry Wright and was only going to keep the Spalding card. After the guy buying the Harry Wright went back on his word, I contacted the owner of the George Wright and was able to repurchase the card and keep the 3 hall of famers together. It cost me about 25% more than I sold it for after only 90 days.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

i do a lot of trades with PSA set reg guys, if you just look on the set reg page of a particular set you collect, you will find many collectors on there (and their emails), just contact them and introduce yourself...you'll be surprised what a positive response you'll get...

good luck!
MS

Old 02-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: RC McKenzie

I bought an e105 Bemis with a horizontal crease from Mike Wheat and had it graded by sgc. I sold it a few years later in a mastro lot and bought it back on ebay a few years later for 3x what i paid for it. I am about to pay about 25 x for a card I used to own in a current auction if it closes any time soon.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason Duncan

I just bought this back from Dan Koteles after 2+ years of separation.