NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Default Why can't they just answer the question?

Posted By: Bill

So, I email a seller on ebay about a 1914 Crackery Jack Eddie Collins. It is not graded and though the seller has a good feedback record, I'm a little weary. He guarantees the card to be authentic or else he'll give a refund but he does not state the exact measurements of the card. OK, no big deal, I'll just email him and ask. I ask him in a short and brief email to let me know what the dimensions of the card are. I get in response that the card is consigned and guaranteed authentic. Hmmmmm......

Freedom is Not Free

Old 09-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John

Stay away!!! The answer to your question is the card is altered, a fake, or both.

Old 09-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

I would have made an inquiry regarding the return policy. If the seller doesn't want to answer the specific question regarding size then they are:

• too lazy and don't care about how much the card sells for
  • trying to avoid the issue because they knw it's trimmed.

Can you provide the item auction number?
Old 09-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Administrator

OK, to begin I meant to type Eddie Plank and instead typed Eddie Collins. Have the set on my mind and both of those obviously. Anyway, here it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5229277136&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1&rd=1

Freedom is Not Free

Old 09-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

Omission often gives the answer. The rule of thumb for fashion photographs is: If an eBay seller doesn't state that the photograph is original it isn't, because if it was he would.

Obvserve that Roy Huff and friends never says the paper cutout is a trading card. It's the bidders who come up with that.

Observe that many to most sales of "selling as reprint" cards never say the card is original or vintage or authentic. It's the winner's invention that the card is original.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

How much would someone pay for this card in a GAI, SGC or PSA "AUTHENTIC" holder?

Old 09-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Good question. It's nice to see that it's guaranteed authentic but saying a guarantee unaltered would be great as well. I just sent him another email asking if he can guarantee that the card is unaltered and I also asked for the terms of his guarantee. We'll see what happens. I would love to have the card. I just want to know that it is real and unaltered.

Freedom is Not Free

Old 09-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Well, he just stated in an email that it's guaranteed authentic and unaltered with 100% refund if not satisfied. He's got a good track record but think I'll still hold off. He still wouldn't give the actual measurements.
Bill

Freedom is Not Free

Old 09-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: joe maples

Hi Bill, I sent an email asking for the dimensions of the card. The seller must not have the card in his possession. His answer "I'm waiting for the consignor to get back with me". He might list the size if consignor gets back to him. Who knows.

Joe

Old 09-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Is that a common practice, to sell something that you don't actually have in your posession? I understand consigning but I thought that the person selling would actually obtain the item first. I've sold plenty on ebay and would never do something like that! Oh well, I hope it works out for whoever wins it, great card......IMO

Freedom is Not Free

Old 09-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David Vargha

I have no problem whatsoever with dealers who guarantee that a card will grade (not what the grade is). It's cards from dealers who only guarantee that it is "authentic" that I will not bid on.

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 09-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe maples

Ok guys here are the measurements sent to me by the seller. Everything I read has the card measuring 2 1/4 x 3 isn't that right?

Joe

Measurents sent to me via email today.
2 1/2" x 3"
Thankyou
Jeer

Well, I just looked at the listing and he says the measurements are 2 1/4 x 3.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: pete

it looks like a crease runs across his head, light but it looks like one...
pete-