NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Default Anyone You Trade With Leave You Feeling Not So Fresh?

I wonder if anyone else has ever experienced this. I find that there are certain collectors who make me feel like I've been ripped off any time I deal with them, even if the terms are objectively fair or even good for me. Perhaps it is the negotiating style or the tone of the discussion, but I find that there are just some collectors who I don't want to transact with regardless of the terms.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Jeff

Adam,
Not really. It seems to more of an issue sometimes with folks who may want something you have that you don't want to trade. Some can be relentless and you begin to understand how they accumulate what they do.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 07-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Patrick N.

Default Yes

Yes, there are a couple of people that I don't appreciate so I just ignore their pm's, etc...I do think there are instances where both parties can't come to terms on a final $. When that happens the tone/conversation should end respectfully even if a deal is not reached. Maybe I'm in the minority but since this board was created for collectors I don't think the B/S/T should be treated as a high-stakes game of poker.

Last edited by mintacular; 07-24-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

There are a couple of persistent little monkeys that are amusing, with the back n forth banter. The impersonal tikes that sulk are just a turn-off, and I wouldn't sell a poor common to for a G. Some get caught up in this rarity thing and it can make us social retards.

Thing is, much of this prewar stuff is readily available... I'm often able to find a suitable niche filler in short order.

Very few of us DB's here, in my experience... And by a huge margin, my inter/transactions on the BST have been a hoot. Steve
Old 07-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Dan Bretta

My first ever transaction on this board I got ripped in a trade, but didn't realize it until a week or so later as I was doing more digging and saw that severely miscut T-206 cards can bring a premium. My own fault I guess, but I really felt ripped off after I found that out. That was in 2004, I haven't had a bad trade on this board since then.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

It depends... There are certain people I love dealing with and others that leave a lot to be desired. But usually if a trade goes through I never have a bad taste. I wouldn't do a deal unless I was happy in the end!

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 07-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Certainly people I would not trade with. Even if the terms were in my favor. I would rather deal with people who are respectful, polite, and helpful. Generally, I have had some very nice dealings with people on the board.

Joshua
Old 07-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I wonder if anyone else has ever experienced this. I find that there are certain collectors who make me feel like I've been ripped off any time I deal with them, even if the terms are objectively fair or even good for me. Perhaps it is the negotiating style or the tone of the discussion, but I find that there are just some collectors who I don't want to transact with regardless of the terms.
Um, many.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:11 AM

My ex-wife.

dh
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Have made two trades recently from the BST and could not have imagined them going any better. Similarly with the multiple cards I have bought.