NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Default ebay Seller Jerry Jersey

Posted By: Richard Dwyer

Who is eBay seller jerryjersey? Is he a member here?

Old 05-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I don't think he's a member here, but I've bought from him a few times with no problems.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Administrator

He sells a lot of cigarette packs with false information. Everyone that I've seen him sell either don't have tax stamps, or the info he gives is completely wrong. I think he uses his power seller status to fool unsuspecting buyers.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Scott Forrest had a big issue with him quite some time ago. I think you need to watch the descriptions more closely than you should. Quite a bit of embellishment from what I remember...regards

Old 05-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

Not my favorite either, but not horrible. He gets some good merchandise. Watch the descriptions, and view the pictures very closely, as some flaws are left undisclosed.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

He shot my cat.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Lindholme

....LOL Anthony....that's a CLASSIC one liner.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

I bought a so called candy box from him that he had pictured upside down. When it came, there was no lid, just the bottom. He did take it back but he works hard with his descriptions to deceive. Dan.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Apologies to bump this old thread but I felt I needed to. As others have stated here, jerryjersey continually sells items with descriptions that are totally misleading; most having to do with cigarette packs. In fact, I have never seen jerryjersey sell a cigarette pack that was correctly described. All are very misleading and because of the blatantly false description jerrjersey gives, the items sell for multiples of their true value. Jerryjersey is knowingly duping the public and I equate his actions to be almost the same as those who sell cut-outs pretending to be cards.

Up for auction right now is a Hassan box that jerryjersey claims to have once held a triple folder:

http://tinyurl.com/56a9kg>

However, this box is from Canada, and while the style is the same, this box NEVER held a triple folder. As such, the value of the box is a fraction of what it would be if it was correct (meaning if it actually held a triple folder). Now, I don’t know if the high bidder or jerryjersey are members of this forum and are reading this thread, but if they are, I encourage either to contact me if they would like to discuss.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Jon wanted me to change the subject to "eBay Seller Jerryjersey" so people would know who we're talking about. However, I'm unable to do this.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

I have an update as well...

Bought a rather expensive pennant from him via ebay last week. The condition was nowhere near the description posted from jerryjersey.... not even close.

This pennant was badly faded, the graphics had multiple cracks (severe), and worst of all, the last 3 inches were trimmed to make it appear to come to a point. This is a real "no-no" for vintage pennants, and something that any decent seller should disclose.

I know this one fits better on the memorabilia side of the board, but since the topic of this seller was raised here, I just wanted to warn other potential bidders.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: 1880nonsports

but I think this guy sets up at the national. His packs are never described correctly - his listings are filled with errors - misdirectional descriptions - and the items always seem to have "questionable elements" that suggest undisclosed alteration or additions. I think he listed a sealed large clamshell Richmond box (N43) - that appeared to have a different tax stamp than it would have been issued with. I would proceed with extreme caution..........

Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

if he sets up at the national, maybe it's time for an "intervention."

Old 07-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott

In my mind both Jon and Henry are right on with this seller......... " beware a wolf in sheeps clothes "

Old 07-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

If you look at this sellers eBay feedback it is basically flawless.  He has zero negs in the past 12 months and only 1 neutral.  I would not have hesitated to be bid on one of his auctions had I not read this thread.  I know most sellers HATE the new eBay feedback system but it SHOULD help reveal sellers just like this. Buyers will NO LONGER fear a baypack neg from a seller and will be HONEST in their feedback.

martyOgelvie
New York Yankee cards