NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Dan Bretta

Delivery confirmation is a joke. I had an item recently that said it was delivered to me at 12 noon on a Friday...I didn't get it until Saturday. I have no clue what happened, but I'm thinking the fill in mailman for my regular guy just scanned it in the truck and didn't bring it up to my house...of course when questioned about it he swore he delivered it to my front porch..which caused me to freak out, but I digress....
Old 08-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Patrick N.

Default Scan

Your best bet in the future is to have the postal worker scan it in person, there is a thing that looks like an iron that they should hold up and scan it in...If you just drop it off in your mailbox it will probably never get scanned properly. Also, if you just hand them the package at the office and don't say anything they usually don't bother to scan it in. I'm referring to paypal printing labels.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Doug C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Delivery confirmation is a joke. I had an item recently that said it was delivered to me at 12 noon on a Friday...I didn't get it until Saturday. I have no clue what happened, but I'm thinking the fill in mailman for my regular guy just scanned it in the truck and didn't bring it up to my house...of course when questioned about it he swore he delivered it to my front porch..which caused me to freak out, but I digress....
Apparently the tracking is a mess across the board. I had a seller send me a card last month Express Mail and it was guaranteed to be delivered by noon. I met the mailman at the box around 11 AM expecting my card and he said the Express packages hadn't even come in when he left to start his route. I checked the tracking number and got the "delivery was attempted and a notice was left message" which I found odd since I had just talked to the mailman. I called the post office to ask where my package was and they told me the Express truck just came about five minutes before I called and it was sitting at the post office. I assume the guaranteed delivery by noon means to the post office and not the recipient?

Last edited by Doug; 08-03-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Brandon Bailey

This also can happen if someone has their mail on hold. I recently came back from a one week vacation and had my mail on hold. When they delivered everything all of the things that needed to be scanned and or signed for were attached to the packages, I had a few emails from sellers wondering what happened as they had similar messages when they tried to track the packages. I checked a few days later and the status for the items I received were never updated.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Dave

Score 1 for the Post Office.

Just got a call from a customer. A media mail package that showed it was stuck in Jersey City for the last 50 days, finally made it's way to it's destination in Los Angeles.

I had already given a refund and given up on it, so props to the customer for letting me know.