NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Banned

Default What do you think of this Heritage offering?

What do you think of this Heritage offering?

Late 1930's Lou Gehrig single signed baseball.

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7070&lotNo=80016

Sorry too late, what do you think of THIS one?

World series 1917 final out baseball.

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7070&lotNo=80105

sorry, too late on that one, too, what about THIS one.

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7070&lotNo=80011

bid is at $100,00 what do you think? Would you bid on it if you could?

is this the best 1927 signed Yankees ball there is? Is it worth $200,00+ estimate?

Last edited by travrosty; 02-16-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Richard Simon

I guess many here are afraid of a banning by Heritage if they offer an opinion on that ball. Travis and I have already been banned so what the heck.
I did an informal survey among five people whose opinions I respect a LOT and four of them disagree with the TPA's opinions on this ball.
Another person who read my post, a hobby veteran with MANY years of experience, just e mailed me and agreed with the majority of the people in my informal survey. That now makes five out of six people who have expressed an opinion that differs from the TPA's on this ball.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 02-17-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I find it interesting that if you like something from Heritage you are a bright and good person.The the othe side of the story is. If you dont like what you are looking at your are foolish and you should never be allowed to darken our doors.
I am willing to take that gamble and say I have many bad feelings about this ball and I would not buy it.
Since I have yet to purchase anything from them there is little to loose on either side. I will keep you informed if anyone cares.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
I find it interesting that if you like something from Heritage you are a bright and good person.The the othe side of the story is. If you dont like what you are looking at your are foolish and you should never be allowed to darken our doors.
I am willing to take that gamble and say I have many bad feelings about this ball and I would not buy it.
Since I have yet to purchase anything from them there is little to loose on either side. I will keep you informed if anyone cares.
I'll take a gamble too and say that I would tend to agree with the previous 3 posters over any insider cert crap going on at PSA, JSA & Heritage. Go ahead and ban me. I don't even collect anymore do to this situation and wouldn't be caught dead giving Heritage ONE RED CENT PERIOD, in any event. Ban me, ban everybody, I could give a rats ass. This cert stuff is among the most ridiculous situations I have every known and don't wish to be a part of all the scamming and scheming. It boils down to people in general have little or NO integrity in this business and it's downright laughable.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Banned

Maybe they could DOUBLE ban me? If they really wanted to punish me, they could reinstate my account!

I also got correspondence from a long time collector, with decades of experience, and he has big concerns over this ball also, the uniformity in the spacing, and start - stop points of the signatures, the green ink, the babe ruth signature, no one signing on the sweet spot. And then there are the signatures themselves.

It just doesn't seem to add up. the contrivance of someone putting the positions down on the baseball, made even more suspicious because it was one of the ballplayers who supposedly wrote the positions down. Doesn't he know the positions of the people signing when he is on the team? And how does the authenticators know that the positions were inscribed by Combs hand? Not enough to go by!

the person who contacted me loves these old baseballs and won't be bidding on it either.

I hear a big name in baseball autographs doesn't like it either and will make it be known soon.

Last edited by travrosty; 02-17-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Richard Simon

Double banning,,, ouch, does that include 20 lashes?? .
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
If they really wanted to punish me, they could reinstate my account!
Nice one, that one made me smile

Mike
Old 02-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Richard Simon

The auction takes place about eight blocks from where I live.
Since I am barred from bidding I wonder if they would let me attend the preview.
I would guess not, since they require ID for admission and I guess that I am on some sh-- list there.
--
Old 02-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
I guess many here are afraid of a banning by Heritage if they offer an opinion on that ball. Travis and I have already been banned so what the heck.
I did an informal survey among five people whose opinions I respect a LOT and four of them disagree with the TPA's opinions on this ball.
Another person who read my post, a hobby veteran with MANY years of experience, just e mailed me and agreed with the majority of the people in my informal survey. That now makes five out of six people who have expressed an opinion that differs from the TPA's on this ball.
David, I would surmise from the quote above you no exactly what his opinion is. I am just saying he would not in his opinion buy that ball. If I am wrong then Richard can answere.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Richard Simon

--
Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
David, I would surmise from the quote above you no exactly what his opinion is. I am just saying he would not in his opinion buy that ball. If I am wrong then Richard can answere.
No, Shelly. I don't know what his opinion is. He mentions six people he contacted, or who contacted him, and five don't like the ball. He never states his own opinion.

Perhaps Richard will answer, speaking for himself.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 02-17-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Richard Simon

Since I usually have David on block I did not know what he was saying. But it became apparent to me from Shelly's posts.
My opinion on the ball is that it is not authentic.
Why else would I have posted what I did about it?
--
Old 02-17-2013, 03:25 PM

Well, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Why else would you have posted what you did?
Who knows?
But we already have to guess who your experts are. Why should we have to guess your opinion, too?

Last edited by David Atkatz; 02-17-2013 at 03:27 PM.