NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 11-30-2018, 01:54 PM

Default Futebol Rookies - Zico, Eusebio, Jascin, Cruyff

Hello, new to this forum but an active collector of vintage futebol (soccer) rookie cards/stickers. These 4 in particular, however, I am having some difficulty determining the earliest/rookie issue as their professional debuts preceded the earliest issues I have been able to find.

For what I can find, these are currently the earliest issues for each that I’ve found:

Zico - 1976 Saravan Copa Brasíl (2 stickers from this set)
-While 1976 was his debut year for the national team, he played for Flamengo beginning in 1971, when he made 15 apps.

Eusebio - 1961 A Francesa Estrelas Dos Estadios
-Made his debut with Benfica in 1961 but began his professional career in 1957, playing for Sporting de Lourenço Marques for 3 years.

Jascin (Yashin) - 1959 Heinerle
-I would be surprised if this is the earliest, as he made his debut in 1950 for Dynamo Moscow though didn’t play regularly until 1953. He also played on the national team beginning in 1954.

Cruyff - 1967 Palirex
-Began his professional career with Ajax in 1964.

If anyone here has any insight or knowledge of earlier known issues for these players, I would love to know!

Last edited by Dragnet; 11-30-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:51 AM

I think the Palirex Cruyff is a mid 1968 issue at earliest. It features all the teams taking part in the 68/69 European Cup ie the winners of the 67/68 domestic leagues in Europe (plus Man utd as European Cup winners the previous season). The earliest it could then be is mid 1968. I've noticed the Football Cartophilic Info Exchange lists it as 1968/89 as well.

The Sicker-Verlag Bundesliga-Asse Cruyff issue could be as early as January 1968 as it lists the results from the first half of the season and the dates of the return fixtures in the second half (without the scores). Unfortunately there's been an influx of fakes of this card recently.

I think there is a 1958 Monty Lev Yashin. I don't know the set very well but I think there is both a quartet card game issue & playing card style issue?
Old 12-01-2018, 10:49 AM

That’s interesting about the Palirex.. I’ll see if I can find what you are referring to. Isn’t there also a Dutch issue from 1967/68 - I believe Vanderhout?

For Jascin, I’ve never heard of the Monty issue , do you have photos perhaps of this?
Old 12-08-2018, 03:25 AM

This is a playing card style Pele, Yashin appears to be on the checklist:
https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogsp...otballers.html

This is the quartet game style Pele, I have seen others (including Yashin) in this style & presume you can find all players too but someone out there probably knows better what the story is with the different formats:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PELE-1958...-/142979603182

I don't think they are hugely popular as they are a bit of a grey area, they seem to be more playing/game cards than trading cards & some of the caricatures aren't that great.