NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-17-2022, 01:34 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default what does this USPS notice mean??

Bought an item on ebay. Got notice it as shipped.

I check the tracking # and get this notice:

Your shipment was received at 12:42 pm on March 14, 2022 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90064. The acceptance of your package is pending.

So it's now been 3 days since it was " received" and no movement.

So, what does "acceptance is pending" mean?

No change in the situation for three days

Thoughts??
Old 03-17-2022, 01:37 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post

Your shipment was received at 12:42 pm on March 14, 2022 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90064. The acceptance of your package is pending.

Thoughts??
I get them all the time when it is stuff coming from another country. I get them from my local sorting facility. Just got one a week ago. Unfortunately for me after 3 days the package went from a little over a mile from my house to a tour of Iowa before coming back.

Here is a screen shot of my latest with that in about the middle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1p.jpg (196.0 KB, 491 views)

Last edited by bnorth; 03-17-2022 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-17-2022, 01:38 PM
Adam Wan.aselja

Per google:

What Does “Shipment Received Package Acceptance Pending” Notification Mean? When your package has been physically accepted by the USPS window clerks but hasn't arrived at the sorting facility, you receive the “shipment received package acceptance pending” notification.
Old 03-17-2022, 01:48 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I always thought it meant that the seller printed a shipping label and provided a tracking number, but hadn't actually dropped it off at the post office yet.
Old 03-17-2022, 02:16 PM
J@E R1T0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I always thought it meant that the seller printed a shipping label and provided a tracking number, but hadn't actually dropped it off at the post office yet.
I believe it is also used in this situation - label printed, not yet dropped off at USPS.

Love the late 1800’s Boston Beaneaters and the early Boston Red Sox (1903-1918)!

Also collecting any and all basketball memorabilia.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
+1
Old 03-17-2022, 10:24 PM
Val Kehl

Fred, I have a similar situation taking place with respect to a card I purchased from a Los Angeles dealer. Here is what the USPS tracking currently shows:

Date Time Location Status
March 17, 2022 IN TRANSIT, ARRIVING ON TIME
March 16, 2022 22:14 LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER ARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL ORIGIN FACILITY
March 16, 2022 12:20 LOS ANGELES,CA,90025 USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
March 14, 2022 12:24 LOS ANGELES,CA,90025 SHIPMENT RECEIVED, PACKAGE ACCEPTANCE PENDING
March 13, 2022 20:13 LOS ANGELES,CA,90025 SHIPPING LABEL CREATED, USPS AWAITING ITEM

Yesterday, I called the USPS and asked the rep I spoke with if the item (a Priority Mail package) was actually received by the USPS on March 14th. After considerable discussion during which this rep put me on hold a couple of times, she said the item was actually received by the USPS on March 14th, but not "processed" (whatever this means) at this USPS branch until March 16th. I'm not sure I buy this explanation, but al long as this item (my post-War "white whale" baseball card!) arrives safe and sound, I'll be a happy camper.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:35 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Fred, I have a similar situation taking place with respect to a card I purchased from a Los Angeles dealer. Here is what the USPS tracking currently shows:

Date Time Location Status
March 17, 2022 IN TRANSIT, ARRIVING ON TIME
March 16, 2022 22:14 LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER ARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL ORIGIN FACILITY
March 16, 2022 12:20 LOS ANGELES,CA,90025 USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
March 14, 2022 12:24 LOS ANGELES,CA,90025 SHIPMENT RECEIVED, PACKAGE ACCEPTANCE PENDING
March 13, 2022 20:13 LOS ANGELES,CA,90025 SHIPPING LABEL CREATED, USPS AWAITING ITEM

Yesterday, I called the USPS and asked the rep I spoke with if the item (a Priority Mail package) was actually received by the USPS on March 14th. After considerable discussion during which this rep put me on hold a couple of times, she said the item was actually received by the USPS on March 14th, but not "processed" (whatever this means) at this USPS branch until March 16th. I'm not sure I buy this explanation, but al long as this item (my post-War "white whale" baseball card!) arrives safe and sound, I'll be a happy camper.
Hi Val:

Here is the reply I received from the seller:

Hi there, the order has shipped per our shipment team confirmation. There have been delays in package acceptance for recent orders by USPS, but I am hopeful they will update their tracking for this order soon. The order is also large in size, so this may also have provided a delay in handling by USPS.

Seems it must be a "new" USPS "glitch"
Old 03-19-2022, 04:44 AM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

If it makes you feel better, I shipped a package with priority mail last Friday and it still hasn’t been delivered 1 week later. I personally dropped it off at the counter and watched it get scanned. It was then scanned the next day at the local processing center and nothing after that. Drives me bonkers. Sometimes I’ll get packages delivered in 2 days that were supposed to take 3-4 days and then some packages take 1-2 weeks that should have been delivered in 2-3 days. No rhyme or reason. And it seems to be getting worse.
Old 03-19-2022, 06:25 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post

Thoughts??
If I had to guess, this is something from Greg Morris. Whenever I have something coming from his company, I see the same thing. I always assumed that he has dropped off a large, bulk shipment of packages and what you are seeing is likely USPS acknowledging that the shipment was received. But, it takes them several days to get around to processing individual packages.
Old 03-19-2022, 01:17 PM
J3ff Thr0m

Default Scan Forms

I see this when I use Scan Forms through my shipping service (Pirate Ship). I’ve just started doing this if I ship over 5 packages in a day.

If you ship several items in a day, you can create a scan form so usps can scan 1 bar code and all the items on the list immediately show as received but not accepted. Usually it gets accepted once it gets to the sorting facility.

I’m assuming this is a common practice for bigger dealers who deal with tens (or more) of packages on a daily basis. Waiting for the clerk to scan in 20 packages is kind of a pain and a real time suck.
Old 03-19-2022, 02:57 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thromdog View Post
I see this when I use Scan Forms through my shipping service (Pirate Ship). I’ve just started doing this if I ship over 5 packages in a day.

If you ship several items in a day, you can create a scan form so usps can scan 1 bar code and all the items on the list immediately show as received but not accepted. Usually it gets accepted once it gets to the sorting facility.

I’m assuming this is a common practice for bigger dealers who deal with tens (or more) of packages on a daily basis. Waiting for the clerk to scan in 20 packages is kind of a pain and a real time suck.
This is coming from a big dealer, o that could be the case.

I just got the below info:

March 19, 2022, 10:28 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on March 19, 2022 at 10:28 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

March 19, 2022, 9:13 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
LOS ANGELES, CA 90064

March 14, 2022, 12:42 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
LOS ANGELES, CA 90064

So it sat somewhere for 5 days after the P.O. got it before it was "accepted"
Old 03-21-2022, 12:19 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

The USPS is good but they do get their wires crossed sometimes. A few years ago there was a quarantine in the Coppell Texas regional facility. My mail from that week never ever showed up. And it was right around tax time and I am sure I didn't receive things I needed.
Old 03-23-2022, 12:19 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default the latest

Hi Guys:

Here is the latest tracking on my package. Seems it has been "processed through" the same facility THREE different times, First, on the 19th then again on the 21st and again today! All this after it took 5 days for the package to be "accepted" once they received it!

How is this possible???

Tracking details
USPS tracking #
Mar 23, 2022
1:01am
PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CEN, 90052

Mar 21, 2022
10:33pm
PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CEN, 90052

Mar 19, 2022