NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Default My eBay auction DON'T BID

Posted By: Alan Zimmerman

Hello all. My name is Alan Zimmerman. Currently I have a card up for auction on eBay with less than 12 hours left, and 2 bids, which I have cancelled. Therefore, I cannot end the auction. But, PLEASE DO NOT BID ON THE CARD. It doesn't measure right. It's way small and looks trimmed. I am posting this here so that hopefully none of you bid on it. If there is a winner on this item, I will notify the bidder of the problem and will not accept their payment. But, I just wanted to warn everyone. Thanks. Here is the link for the auction, so you know what it is. It isnt a high ticket item, but I do think it is trimmed and I just don't want to rip someone off. thanks. alan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8729140130&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Old 11-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Alan

Why can't you just end the auction early?

STeve

Old 11-28-2005, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

I dont think you can end an auction early with less than 12hrs remaining.

Old 11-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Administrator

as long as there are no bids on an item, you can end it early, but, there were 2 bids on this auction that i had to cancel, so eBay won't let me end it. if you click on bid history, you can see the bids and WHY they were cancelled. as to why i waited so long to cancel, i just happened to receive in the mail today a partial set of w502s that i had bought about a month back from a very reliable dealer and in comparing them to the card listed on ebay, the card size difference is startling. i just want to make sure no one gets hurt on this. hence, why i wanted to end the auction. thanks. alan

Old 11-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd Schultz

I see where it measures short, but aren't w502s hand-cut, and therefore all trimmed?

Old 11-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Administrator

in referring to the old carboard website, the size is supposed to be 1-3/8 by 2-1/2. that size is consistent with the 40 or so other ones that i have, but the Uhle on ebay measures much shorter. i just don't want someone to be misled, so I am going to get it graded. at that point, if it grades, i will just add it to my set, if it doesn't well, i can always list it as trimmed. anyone else have an opinion, i would love to hear it. thanks.

Old 11-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Administrator

for anyone concerned about how this auction ended, someone bid on the card and won it. they immediately paid me via paypal and their payment was immediately refunded. Leon, you can close this thread now and delete it. thanks for your time.