NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Circa 1880 seems about right. Notice he is wearing his position on the front of his cap: r.f. ( unless those are the team initials).

Come to think of it, they probably are the team initials, and it's just a coincidence.
Good eye Barry. Those same initials are also on the crest, but hard to see, so it must be the team initials.

I was kicking myself for not bidding higher on this one, but glad to see a happy board member got it.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
Scott

If you want some photos or scans to go with that Luggage Ticket, I bought Dick Hoblitzells photo album from that tour and there are some images of Max Carey in there. They started in the midwest, went through the Dakotas, Nebraska, Iowa, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, California, and ended up for a while in Hawaii. The tour also had Grover Alexander, and Ray Chapman among other famous players of the day.

Rhys Yeakley
first post. rhys,i would love to see your carey images. I have what I believe to be a Max Carey barnstormng jersey, pants, sliding pants, and, 2 pair of socks. I got them from a guy in CA. He got them from a Carey estate sale in the northwest. He had, and sold, many Carey autos, which he had certified.I have dated these items to the time through Spalding tagging. thanks for reading my post. the sliding pants,which I doubt have any images to see, must be very rare. my email is ccderf@aol.com
Old 12-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Default Stanford Pottery Brave w/headdress

Hi!

I was asked to comment on the rarity of the Brave Stanford pottery bank with headdress. I have seen only 2 in over 25 years in the hobby. They both sold in excess of $8,000. It is one gorgeous porcelain bank(see picture below).

Lou
www.insidetheparkcollectibles.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spbrave.jpg (28.6 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by Lou Criscione; 12-01-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 12-02-2011, 07:22 AM
John

I monkeyed with the scan. It definitely looks like R F. It would be fun to identify the player and team, but unless someone has another photo to link it to...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tintype reverse.jpg (31.7 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg Tintype neg reverse.jpg (28.1 KB, 123 views)
Old 12-02-2011, 07:34 AM

Keep digging John. Old Auction House catalogs can be had for decent prices and are loaded with information and images. I would start with Mastros, Lelands, and REA. You may also want to put a want add here in the BST. I would especially look for the 1990's -2005 books.

I know for me, research can be a lot of fun as you stumble onto different things that may be related to other items in your collection. Good luck John, and keep plugging away.

My best, Jimmy
Old 12-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
I monkeyed with the scan. It definitely looks like R F. It would be fun to identify the player and team, but unless someone has another photo to link it to...
Please excuse the photo collector for repeating himself, but .... there is also an 'RF' on the crest.

Just trying to help - I'll shut up if I'm distracting.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccderf View Post
first post. rhys,i would love to see your carey images. I have what I believe to be a Max Carey barnstormng jersey, pants, sliding pants, and, 2 pair of socks. I got them from a guy in CA. He got them from a Carey estate sale in the northwest. He had, and sold, many Carey autos, which he had certified.I have dated these items to the time through Spalding tagging. thanks for reading my post. the sliding pants,which I doubt have any images to see, must be very rare. my email is ccderf@aol.com
I have taken pics of the Max Carey estate sale items I have. If anyone would like to see them and has any info or images to help verify what I have I would be very grateful. I am from his homeown,Terre Haute In. email is ccderf@aol.com.