NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-13-2018, 07:45 AM
Cha.rles He.nry

When bidders see a high shipping charge for a single item like that, a lot will dismiss the auction altogether and the item will be won cheaper than if the shipping charge was say $4.00. Works in the buyers favor more times than not; at least in my experiences with items that have an excessive shiipping charge.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:55 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I was charged $30 Shipping for 1 PSA graded standard size card!!
What about Christies! They charged me $2300 shipping on a small felt pennant!

(Not true, but I just want to win this one for a change.)
Old 05-13-2018, 09:39 AM
David Peck

When you use the term BEWARE in all caps it leads me to believe that someone is trying to do something to harm you and they weren't clear about their intent.

The shipping on all items is posted and they have a matrix below the listing that clearly states the potential shipping charges based on size and insurance on the final selling price.

PWCC does a tremendous job on their shipping. They use high quality materials and the item is packed extremely well. For a high volume seller to offer such quality shipping is one of the reasons they have such a large customer base. Compare their packaging for a few bucks more vs. Probstein and it isn't even close.

You got what you paid for. I have no idea what this item should have sold for but as was pointed it out it is very common for bidders to factor in the total cost and base their bid on it. Kind of like going out to dinner and realizing there are taxes and gratuity not included on the menu prices.

Last edited by Dpeck100; 05-13-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:30 PM
Tom Boblitt

To be fair................

I just received a $7.00 credit from PWCC.

"With the envelope and COA together the size is larger than a normal sized card. We have however as a one time courtesy given you a partial refund on your shipping. Thank you very much for participating in our auction."

I'm still paying $8.00 for shipping but either through this forum or whatever force of nature, they [kind of] did the right thing. Just wanted to be sure they got their due.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:25 PM

Last edited by oldsportscards; 05-14-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:35 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by autograf View Post
To be fair................

I just received a $7.00 credit from PWCC.

"With the envelope and COA together the size is larger than a normal sized card. We have however as a one time courtesy given you a partial refund on your shipping. Thank you very much for participating in our auction."

I'm still paying $8.00 for shipping but either through this forum or whatever force of nature, they [kind of] did the right thing. Just wanted to be sure they got their due.
That'd be my guess.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:17 PM

Let me say this, I don't believe, at least in PWCC's case that shipping is one of the reasons that makes them one of the top sellers. Proper shipping goes the sale, any self respecting seller with tell you that. And I don't remember them always charging high shipping costs, they were pretty reasonable at one time. The quality of the items that they auction off is the main reason anyone follows them. I bought 3 Triple Folders from them a while ago and they wanted charge me 45 dollars. After contacting them they reduced the cost to 20. It's overkill, no doubt about it.

Jim
Old 05-15-2018, 12:35 AM

Default Shipping cost

I like PWCC. Why can't they consolidate shipping? A normal ebay seller would. That said, love these 2 new ones even if I paid way too much for shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 34goudeyweiland928.jpg (74.2 KB, 366 views)
File Type: jpg 34goudeystripp929.jpg (55.3 KB, 364 views)
Old 05-15-2018, 01:09 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxandcubbies View Post
Let me say this, I don't believe, at least in PWCC's case that shipping is one of the reasons that makes them one of the top sellers. Proper shipping goes the sale, any self respecting seller with tell you that. And I don't remember them always charging high shipping costs, they were pretty reasonable at one time. The quality of the items that they auction off is the main reason anyone follows them. I bought 3 Triple Folders from them a while ago and they wanted charge me 45 dollars. After contacting them they reduced the cost to 20. It's overkill, no doubt about it.

Jim
Won a couple of nice items in PWCC's last auction and was so relieved that, when paying my invoice, there was no 20% vig and no Fl sales tax attached. I didn't even check the shipping charge.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:29 AM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxandcubbies View Post

Jim

So you think if we were reading stories of buyers have cards arrive that are damaged it wouldn't hurt their sales?

They understand the transaction process and it involves making sure the product makes it to its final destination in the condition it was listed in.

Common sense business practice here.