NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Default Did Jay say something abrasive to this guy?

Posted By: Noel

Notice the jab at the N54 forum at the bottom of his post...
This is good stuff. Kudos for his creativity, i certainly agree with his assessment of the card.

http://cgi.ebay.com/D304-Cobb-SGC-graded_W0QQitemZ8809728174QQcategoryZ57993QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Old 05-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

He's listed the card a few times already and I think he used to post on the board for a bit. I can't say for sure if I said anything to upset him. Then again, chances are good I did, if you believe my reputation

Jay

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Old 05-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

There's only one forum member that's qualified to respond to such an eloquent seller. I nominate Fred, and "Judge Dred" can adjudicate the debate.

Old 05-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

I guess I'd still rather be a Forum contributor, than a serial killer. But then again, I have never actually killed anyone. Something tells me being in here is probably more beneficial. And yes, the card is horrible.

Old 05-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I guess someone, or I, peed in his Cheerios.....

(didn't know it was Fred....so edited...hopefully a joke)

Old 05-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew Parks

This is completely uncharacteristic of him. I wonder what the heck happened...?

Fred - if you're reading...what's up?

Old 05-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bcornell

No one ever got fired for blaming Jay, but I think this one is 100% Fred - I believe he's joking.

Bill

Old 05-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian H (misunderestimated)

Actually I really enjoyed his description of the card.

Old 05-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Oh crap, now everybody knows my ebay name... I kind of thought people knew this already.

The last comment was meant as a joke to the N54 VBC crowd.

Leon, nope, nobody peed in my Cheerios but I couldn't say for certain if someone didn't pee on this card.

Jay never insults people, it's a perception - Jay just types stuff and people perceive it differntly than it was meant...

Actually, I think Jay is very succinct in his postings. Please don't take that to mean that I think Jay likes to pee in other peoples Cheerios. Since I typed that I need to ask the question - Jay, have you ever seen this D304 Cobb before it was slabbed and if so - DID YOU PEE ON IT?

AP - I think most of the guys on this board are great, others are a little bit luke warm and others I wouldn't care if someone peed on 'em. I don't know what my fascination with urine is in this thread... my apologies...

I've posted this thing (D304 Cobb) in the B/S/T, ebay 10 cent listing days and NOBODY wants to pay the ridiculous price that I'm asking for it. To me it's a sanity check. I'll know it's time to pull out my really crappy stuff and sell it when someone buys this beat up, possibly peed on, SGC graded gem (guaranteed lowest for it's grade in the population reports) for my asking price. Actually, it's also to let people know that the card is available for trade. Here's my chance to get this out of the BST and into the mainstream VBC forum without breaking the rules. Since the opportunity has arisen I will place my shameless plug on the main board: Butt Ugliest D304 Cobb available for trade, N172's preferred or cash and cards can work.

Noel, lets give them something to think about.

Conspiracy theory - did I put Noel up to making this initial post so that I could put this piece of junk card in the main forum?

Old 05-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Geez, the next thing you this going to turn into a golden....better stop there or Leon will ban me.

Jay

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Old 05-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anson

Are you sure the BIN decimal is in the right place?

Old 05-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Anson, that decimal is placed perfectly for the undiscriminating eye of a collector that has to have a D304 Cobb and doesn't really care about condition. The decimal placed further to the right and it would be for the collector that has to have the lowest conditioned and graded D304 Cobb on the market and cost is of no consequence. Place the decimal to the left and it would have sold the minute someone saw it. I figure if people can put up all the garbage on "dump your chumps" day then I could join in with another ridiculously priced card. It only cost 10 cents and look at the free advertisement I've gotten for that dime. Ok, I realize that there's a better chance of the Seattle Mariners winning the World Series this year than me selling the card but the bottom line is that I'm only out 10 cents if it doesn't sell. Ok, bottom line, I'm out my dime....

Old 05-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

What really bothers me Fred is the $20 shipping fee.
You know we all raise cain or sand or something whenever we
get charged more than about 3 bucks or so.
And to offer extra cardboard instead of bubble wraps or
fancy peanuts makes matters even worse.
Maybe you do spend time packing,wrapping,traveling,along with appropriate urination breaks but is that really 20 bucks worth.

sorry Fred.
thanks for the laughs.

barry

Old 05-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

will result in letters missing from your name!

Old 05-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Barry,

Just for you the shipping will be FREE!!! Buy the card within the next 24 hours and the shipping will be absolutely FREE!!! Gratis!!! Just my way of showing my appreciation to you for buying the card. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers nor can it be applied to other card purchases and the offer is non-transferable. See your doctor if acute nauseum or headaches are....

Old 05-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

Hey Fred,

many thanks for the offer.
i did check with my doctor first, as you mentioned, because looking at the card did bring about nausea, and it wasn't a cute kind, as you had thought.
the doctor suggested that i should ask if the card includes any type of
gratis anti-emetic,given the sickening quality of the card.
i thought i'd check with you.

again, thanks for offering the free shipping and now hopefully the free supply of anti-emetics as well.

best,
barry

Old 05-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob NYC

Cool, free advertising for the site.