NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-25-2017, 07:11 PM

Default Anyone know yepbg on eBay? Are they net54 member?

If anyone knows this eBay seller and has an email address or net54 handle, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks

Ryan
Old 11-25-2017, 07:28 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Everybody knows him, or at least knows "of" him, lol. I don't know if he was ever on the board or not. You can always use "contact seller" on e-bay, unless of coarse you are trying to buy off e-bay. Good luck.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 11-25-2017, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the reply. Trying to buy off eBay. His prices are a total joke (beyond silly high), but he has something I could use and I am hoping the guy is reasonable off eBay.

Ryan Hotchkiss
Old 11-25-2017, 07:54 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Here is an old thread asking the same:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ighlight=yepbg

Seems he is a member here. Huh.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 11-25-2017, 07:56 PM
James
James Kin.chen

It seems that he recently lowered all his prices by 35%.

Last edited by jfkheat; 11-25-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
Here is an old thread asking the same:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ighlight=yepbg

Seems he is a member here. Huh.
Good read, thank you for the link. Well, yepbg/Brian, if you are indeed a member here, I would be interested in discussing about 5-6 cards you have listed on eBay - I would buy the lot and don't want to make an offer on a single item. Please contact me here by PM or at email (contained in my stats).
Old 11-25-2017, 08:33 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Looks like he hasn't been on here in a while. You may want to email him on eBay and ask him to check his n54 pm's. He is on that list of eBay dealers that are out of their minds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6169358C-B153-412A-92C2-5D4B13A8B89E.jpg (68.2 KB, 1384 views)
Old 11-25-2017, 08:44 PM

Yikes, thank you. I guess I must hit him up on eBay... Thanks everyone
Old 11-25-2017, 09:06 PM
Daryl

Default Ebay

He is not easy to deal with I made him a decent offer on a couple cards with no reply the next time he re-listed the cards he jacked the price up another couple hundred dollars. I think his cards are for show only.

Daryl Fraley

Last edited by Kingcobb; 11-26-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:08 AM
Jerry Tate

Default Brian

Brian is a nice guy but usually sticks to his prices....I have sold him a few cards on ebay..........Jerry
Old 11-26-2017, 05:45 AM
Arthur R!ch

I've offered him 20% above all previously recorded sales and got nowhere. Good luck!

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx
Old 11-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Mike

Default Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
It seems that he recently lowered all his prices by 35%.
Now some of them are only 100% overpriced. Others are still many multiples higher than anyone has paid in recent times ... well, anyone with any sense.

--
Mike
Old 11-26-2017, 06:35 PM
Robert Williams

Why people even consider buying from that guy is beyond me. I got a PSA 2 1953 Mickey Mantle #82. You can have it for $10,000.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:12 PM
John Wondowski

I've never understood the posts that criticize an Ebay or lister's seller's asking price. I would ask $1,000,000 for a 1964 Mantle if that's the cash it would take me to part with it. If it offends you, move on. Buy the 1964 Mantle from the other guy for $125, but don't complain about an individual who paid to list his.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:40 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
I've never understood the posts that criticize an Ebay or lister's seller's asking price. I would ask $1,000,000 for a 1964 Mantle if that's the cash it would take me to part with it. If it offends you, move on. Buy the 1964 Mantle from the other guy for $125, but don't complain about an individual who paid to list his.
I disagree. We criticize buyers that make ridiculous low ball offers, so why not a seller with ridiculously high BINs? What's the difference?
Old 11-26-2017, 07:52 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
I understand it. Ebay used to be more of a marketplace instead of a museum. When I used the term "marketplace," I am not talking about stealing a card for half its value or even BINs priced at something close to market value. But there are so many listings on eBay that will never sell because they are priced many times above market value.

It gets tiresome to see the exact same cards from the same sellers listed on eBay for years.

PWCC gets hammered on here frequently -- and the criticisms about retractions and shill bidding with PWCC are absolutely justified. But one of the main reasons PWCC has such a huge following is because much of eBay is nothing but a museum now.

Last edited by Bored5000; 11-26-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:27 AM
Glyn Parson

Default I agree with John

Some of you guys have gotten laughably lazy. You want it so easy type in ebay search and boom all that pops up is cheaply priced cards you want. It is not very hard to scroll past something you feel is priced to high. What's that take a fraction of a second. We used to have to drive to shows, shops, etc then search through stacks and stacks of overpriced beaters to find a diamond. It is still far easier scrolling on the computer than it used to be finding material. Having to put a little effort into finding something is not a big deal and should actually make it a little more rewarding when you do grab something. I know its easier to complain about the big bad card dealer.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:45 AM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Some of you guys have gotten laughably lazy. You want it so easy type in ebay search and boom all that pops up is cheaply priced cards you want. It is not very hard to scroll past something you feel is priced to high. What's that take a fraction of a second. We used to have to drive to shows, shops, etc then search through stacks and stacks of overpriced beaters to find a diamond. It is still far easier scrolling on the computer than it used to be finding material. Having to put a little effort into finding something is not a big deal and should actually make it a little more rewarding when you do grab something. I know its easier to complain about the big bad card dealer.
And if we're being honest about it, complaining is fun.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:13 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

If bitching, complaining, venting, and flat out being outraged were outlawed we could shut the Internet down tomorrow.

(Does Internet still get capitalized all these years later?)
Old 11-27-2017, 05:28 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

At least they are priced. One pet peeve at a show is seeing the one diamond, waiting around to ask a price, and then being met with a ridiculous museum piece number....show after show......after show.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 11-27-2017, 05:59 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcobb View Post
He is not easy to deal with I made him a decent offer on a couple cards with no reply the next time he re-listed the cards he jacked the price up another couple hundred dollars. I think his cards are for show only.

Daryl Fraley
Has massive amounts of stuff for sale at major shows. Has more tables of stuff than anyone. Is not in it for show only. I think if you meet him at a show might do better.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 11-27-2017 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:56 AM
Al Richter

Despite all the good advice they get here, and all the threads about them here, people like Levi and Dean and Yep seem to just stay out there doing their thing....for years. They just won't listen to reason
Old 11-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Despite all the good advice they get here, and all the threads about them here, people like Levi and Dean and Yep seem to just stay out there doing their thing....for years. They just won't listen to reason
Guess their (insane) (pointless) business model is working (very well) for them.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:55 AM
Arthur R!ch

My earlier comment wasn't a complaint, just a fact to provide context for the OP. I don't fault him for his model, it's either: 1.) working or 2.) he has zero need to sell the cards and these are just the "what it would take" prices. Either way, good for him. He's got a lot of nice stuff and it wouldn't surprise me that he gets sales by people simply wearing themselves down; wanting a card and not being able to find it anywhere else over a prolonged period of time and just giving in.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx
Old 11-27-2017, 09:17 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasselhoffsCheeseburger View Post
My earlier comment wasn't a complaint, just a fact to provide context for the OP. I don't fault him for his model, it's either: 1.) working or 2.) he has zero need to sell the cards and these are just the "what it would take" prices. Either way, good for him. He's got a lot of nice stuff and it wouldn't surprise me that he gets sales by people simply wearing themselves down; wanting a card and not being able to find it anywhere else over a prolonged period of time and just giving in.

Arthur
Not to beat a dead horse, but
(1) yes, he has nice stuff and
(2) I doubt there are many situations where he has a card that you can't find somewhere else.

In the last few years I have bought maybe 4 or 5 things that are rare enough that they never show up anywhere. For those, sometimes you need to throw caution to the wind.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 11-27-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:15 PM
Arthur R!ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but
(1) yes, he has nice stuff and
(2) I doubt there are many situations where he has a card that you can't find somewhere else.

In the last few years I have bought maybe 4 or 5 things that are rare enough that they never show up anywhere. For those, sometimes you need to throw caution to the wind.
I agree with you, I haven't bought from him. I'm simply saying I believe there's an equation that exists that separates everyone and we each have our own number.

Disposable income / patience = yepbg sales

Arthur

Old 02-16-2018, 02:10 PM
Joshua

I am trying to find this guy too. Anyone ever get his net 54 ID?

Last edited by joshuanip; 02-16-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:40 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Guess their (insane) (pointless) business model is working (very well) for them.
Then it isn't insane.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:16 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanip View Post
I am trying to find this guy too. Anyone ever get his net 54 ID?
Read post #7

or look for yepbg under the "community" link.

yepbg
email.gif sendpm.gif

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 02-16-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:23 PM
Al Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Then it isn't insane.

Peter— I think Yepdog, Dean and Levi have kept their prices high all these years just to tick people here off. Maybe that is the business plan.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:43 PM
Joshua

I just purchased a great card from yepbg. He was solid in the transaction. I offered him a price and he offered back my price with clarification on the card. He could have just accepted but he didn’t.

Last edited by joshuanip; 02-16-2018 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:47 PM
Patrick N.

Default overpaid

Overpaid Josh? My guess is YES
Old 02-17-2018, 07:24 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I hate it when sellers mark stuff up and try to run a business. Sucks. These guys should sell stuff way below market price. Isn’t that how every business works?
Old 02-21-2018, 09:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanip View Post
I just purchased a great card from yepbg. He was solid in the transaction. I offered him a price and he offered back my price with clarification on the card. He could have just accepted but he didn’t.
I also have made offers that were accepted and never had an issue. Some prices are high (read;most) but he will deal and is a good seller.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:25 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I also have made offers that were accepted and never had an issue. Some prices are high (read;most) but he will deal and is a good seller.
There is a difference between being high and being obscene. But he does what works for him. And with the market increasing anyway, all his cards went up by default. Although I am sure he floated his markup right along with it.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:49 AM
James
James Kin.chen

Quote:
I hate it when sellers mark stuff up and try to run a business. Sucks. These guys should sell stuff way below market price. Isn’t that how every business works?
I realize that you are being sarcastic. Sellers marking stuff up to make a profit is how business works. Marking stuff up 400-600% of market value is a bit much. The card below normally sells for $150-170. I think $750 is a little more than ridiculous.
James

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Topps-...sAAOSwAuZX00vW
Old 02-21-2018, 10:17 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
I realize that you are being sarcastic. Sellers marking stuff up to make a profit is how business works. Marking stuff up 400-600% of market value is a bit much. The card below normally sells for $150-170. I think $750 is a little more than ridiculous.
James

Yep!!! It's BG!!! (LOL - maybe that's what his name means)
Old 02-21-2018, 10:30 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
James

What really cracks me up is how some of the same people who rail against the Probsteins and Yepbgs of the world on this page then show up on BST and ask $800 for something they bought last December for $399.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 02-21-2018 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:49 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
What really cracks me up is how some of the same people who rail against the Probsteins and Yepbgs of the world on this page then show up on BST and ask $800 for something they bought last December for $399.
Not me.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:50 AM
Robert Williams

I do like how someone won't give me $10 more than what I paid for a raw card that he needs for his collection, because I'm not entitled to get ANYTHING, but once I get it graded, I wind up selling it for $50 more than I was asking for from the raw guy.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:10 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
i do like how someone won't give me $10 more than what i paid for a raw card that he needs for his collection, because i'm not entitled to get anything, but once i get it graded, i wind up selling it for $50 more than i was asking for from the raw guy.
haha
Old 02-21-2018, 12:26 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
haha
True story....I wont name people nor the card, but it really happened.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
True story....I wont name people nor the card, but it really happened.
Who cares what someone paid for something, I don't. (rhetorical question to me ) If I think it's a good value I am going to buy it at their price, or whatever we negotiate, regardless if they paid $1 or more. I don't base my value on their buy price. I guess some do but I don't.
If someone asks me what I paid for something I am selling I generally tell them $1.

Last edited by Leon; 02-21-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:04 PM
Kyle May

This seller has 3 Grover Hartley cards, 2 of which I need for my PC, but his prices are exorbitant. It's quite annoying.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 02-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Mike

I just checked on ebay, he sure has sold a lot of cards this month and many with best offer accepted. The way people were posting on here, I thought maybe he never sold a card.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:17 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Who cares what someone paid for something, I don't. (rhetorical question to me ) If I think it's a good value I am going to buy it at their price, or whatever we negotiate, regardless if they paid $1 or more. I don't base my value on their buy price. I guess some do but I don't.
If someone asks me what I paid for something I am selling I generally tell them $1.

100 percent agree.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 02-21-2018, 07:43 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
100 percent agree.
Well, sort of agree. . . .

If hundreds of people considered a recent Heritage auction and the selling price was $1000, I sort of think the market has spoken and right now informed people value it (right now) at $1000. I'm not saying I won't pay $1200 or maybe $1500 for it, but I do think what others have recently paid is an important thing to know and highly relevant.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 02-21-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:47 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Ah now see I'm confusing the issue.

What someone paid for it is irrelevant. I agree. That's their issue.

I confused the discussion.

Recent sales is something different.

Never mind.