NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-08-2014, 05:51 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Really JONSTATS?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1912-BASEBAL...16.m2518.l4276
Old 05-08-2014, 05:56 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Definitely NOT Shoeless Joe, but still a great seller, nonetheless.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:19 AM
John Hanssen

Ya saw that and had a little laugh
Old 05-08-2014, 07:15 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
Definitely NOT Shoeless Joe, but still a great seller, nonetheless.
And not so good a scammer.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 AM

He has interesting things to auction, but a few years ago I asked him why so much for s/h. That set him off. For about 45 minutes we were going back and forth and the only thing I wanted to know was why he wanted over $8.00 for s/h.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:00 AM

The seller's name is Jon Richmond. He is one of the best sellers not only on e-bay but in the entire country. He's from Texas, & I've met him at the National a few times. He sets up there usually every year. Even though I haven't won any of his auctions in last couple years, he ships his cards out U.P.S.. I'm not sure if he uses U.P.S. ground, which may be why his shipping is higher. When I won auctions, I later asked him to ship my cards U.S. postal & never declined to do it.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsports View Post
The seller's name is Jon Richmond. He is one of the best sellers not only on e-bay but in the entire country. He's from Texas, & I've met him at the National a few times. He sets up there usually every year. Even though I haven't won any of his auctions in last couple years, he ships his cards out U.P.S.. I'm not sure if he uses U.P.S. ground, which may be why his shipping is higher. When I won auctions, I later asked him to ship my cards U.S. postal & never declined to do it.
I to know Jon Richmond and have had nothing but great transactions with him for many years. His shipping has always been a little high and he does use UPS, but hay like they say just factor the price of shipping into your bid and if it goes beyond your price Stop. Bottom line here is Jon is one of the better sellers and has been for years on ebay.

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 05-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn View Post
He has interesting things to auction, but a few years ago I asked him why so much for s/h. That set him off. For about 45 minutes we were going back and forth and the only thing I wanted to know was why he wanted over $8.00 for s/h.
Some years ago, I bought a single photo from him for a small amount, then was surprised to be charged $8 for S&H (Sellers didn't have to post S&H then, not sure if he did or not; I might not have been paying attention, or perhaps saw it and wanted the photo anyway.) I paid the invoice and included a message to the effect that the typical charge for photos, which I bought a lot of, was at the high end around $3-4 at that time. His response to that message was, "Well, you won't have to worry about it anymore because I've just banned you from my auctions." He's had a lot of nice stuff over the years, and I would have been bidding on lots of it, so he's cost himself a lot of money. I'm sure the kick he got from having the power to bar me was worth it, though. I know he has a lot of respect from many on this board, but from my perspective, he's a real idiot.

Last edited by Hankphenom; 05-08-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Belltown Vintage

Last edited by Runscott; 05-09-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:58 AM

Have dealt with Jon for many years. He has been no problem to deal with over the years....only issue I had about 3 years ago was a misunderstanding and resolved without problem.

Of course, I have no doubt that some have had some fall through with him as with anyone else

I have no knowledge of him being unethical or dishonest to this point.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I've dealt w/Jon for many years; always first-rate. Heck of a nice fellow, too.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Hank Thomas

Not nice to me, and I guess I'm not the only one. Had never had any dealings with him, and he bans me for informing him (in a nice way) that his shipping charge was high. He lowered it right afterwards, by the way. My story is true to the word. That's not only not nice, but it's also stupid, in my opinion.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:09 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Never had any problems with Jon either, other than the aforementioned high shipping costs, which were 100% due to him using only UPS. I may have asked him about it once or twice early on, but for the most part just figured it into my bid. I think more recently he has started using USPS as well. Sounds like Hank caught him on a bad day.

I would also add that the description does not read like his usual write-ups, which makes me think that it could be a consignor's doing (he does take a lot of consignments, as well as sell his own stuff). I would definitely ask him about it personally before calling him out as a scammer, which I have never known him to be.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 05-08-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:20 PM
S Gross

No JJ, but a cool PC, with some interesting baseball history in correspondence:

10-14-12: Dear John, Well, how about today's game? Yes, I guess we have a team here that can trim the "Beaneaters"! Tesreau will win tomorrow 3-0! Frank

10-14-12: 1912 World Series Game 6: Giants (Marquard) beat Boston 5-2.

10-15-12: 1912 World Series Game 7: Giants (Tesreau) beat Boston 11-4

Unfortunately for these two NY fans, Game 8, Snodgrass drops fly ball, and Merkle miss plays foul, to let Boston win Series ............

Last edited by mybuddyinc; 05-08-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I've dealt w/Jon for many years; always first-rate. Heck of a nice fellow, too.
+1
Old 05-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Mike Dugan

Jon has always been first class with me in all his dealings!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
Not nice to me, and I guess I'm not the only one. Had never had any dealings with him, and he bans me for informing him (in a nice way) that his shipping charge was high. He lowered it right afterwards, by the way. My story is true to the word. That's not only not nice, but it's also stupid, in my opinion.
I just don't know why he is so touchy about shipping. Same experience.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I just don't know why he is so touchy about shipping. Same experience.
Jon is a great guy. He does get a bit ticked about shipping because he told me a lot of people don't follow the simple instructions. Somewhere he used to say that he wouldn't use one of the shippers no matter what. So, I called him and disguised my voice and asked if I could use THAT shipper. You had to be there....there was a moment of silence, then he let out NO I WON'T...... then he caught on...and I started LMAO...... I have known him about 15 yrs and he has always been great. Sounds like he was having a bad on the one with Hank. And whomever said he sets up at all the Nationals isn't quite right. He hasn't set up at one in maybe 6-8 yrs or more. He used to set up with John Billingham ? and Mike ?? but that was a long time ago. I see him at most Nationals and we talk for a bit...but he doesn't set up anymore. (not sure if he will again)
Old 05-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Hank Thomas

I suspect he knew he was stretching the S&H to squeeze a little more out of it, and got angry to be called on it. Clearly, the guy has a lot of fans. But from where I sit, of course, if someone's a jerk to me, he's a jerk. I don't really care what anyone else thinks about him.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:10 PM

I will not call the guy a jerk. He did ban me for the same reason as Hank. This was before 2010 and $8.75 for s/h is still a strong amount. I am not trying to be a smart aleck. The s/h is high.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Dan Bretta

My only beef with Jon is that he started buying up all of the good lots in Hunt's Telephone/Internet auctions making it difficult for me to get any bargains.

As far as this postcard goes he's waaaaaaayyyy off...that's not Shoeless Joe....it's Josh Gibson.

edited to add...this is probably a Knights of Columbus team from Hoosick Falls, NY

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 05-08-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
I will not call the guy a jerk. He did ban me for the same reason as Hank. This was before 2010 and $8.75 for s/h is still a strong amount. I am not trying to be a smart aleck. The s/h is high.
In the one and only transaction I had with him, he was a jerk. I didn't like it then, and I still don't like it.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
In the one and only transaction I had with him, he was a jerk. I didn't like it then, and I still don't like it.
I'm with you on not liking the matter. I had previous transactions with Jon.