NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernieto View Post
Kevin,
I wouldn't have posted my comment if I hadn't checked the listing
I saw the listing this morning and read it based on your earlier post. I appreciate you said something to them about it. Perhaps you should ask someone before stating they didn't do something when you don't have any knowledge of whether that is so.
Welp...you said, its probably just an oversight, which clearly it is not for a couple reasons. If you read it, how can you say its an oversight in one post and then turn right around and say its dishonest the next post?

I really don't think I missed anything here. Your response indicates that you didn't read the whole listing. Not to throw a punch back but, maybe you can ask if your post is clear to other readers before posting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernieto View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-1910-19...item3f26224a63

The words "old mill brown" are used in the title. I admit I haven't been on this board as long as many of you. I am impressed by the knowledge and dedication of numerous participants here. My understand has been there's
A) black old mill backs ranked 25th & 29th in scarcity
B) brown ones rare: ranked 2nd in back scarcity
C)apparently there is, thanks to this seller, a new grouping between black and brown, but listed as brown in the title.
And one can buy it from this seller for $2,500 bucks or an agreed upon best offer. Perhaps they changed there wording based on whatever you emailed them - but it still says "brown old mill" in the listing & their intention seems to remain the same: sell the card as if it is brown even though it is not.
Thanks
Paul C.
Lets add a few more in there:

Naming convention of Brand, then back color is pretty common.
Here is a perfect example: http://t206resource.com/Checklist%20Main.html

Thebo played for the "Browns", not the "Brown". It is conveniently added right after the old mill. This is not a coincidence.

Kevin

Last edited by thehoodedcoder; 05-07-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default actually

adding the word "not" in the title is an expressly prohibited form of key word spamming.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Pau.l C

Kevin,
Your right I should check my posts more clearly before posting. The first comment :
Originally Posted by chernieto
"Are you referring to the one with the black back? Probably just an honest oversight"
That was sarcasm . I guess it wasn't clear
. I appreciate your constructive criticism & need to double check before posting & can see where the confusion comes from.
I think we both agree on our dislike of that kind of listing
Thanks
Paul
Old 05-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Every one suspects himself of one of the cardinal virtues -- F. Scott Fitzgerald.
If you have to practice cardinal sins, drop wrath and pride and go with sloth and gluttony -- F., Scott
Old 05-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
If you have to practice cardinal sins, drop wrath and pride and go with sloth and gluttony -- F., Scott
You'll never find a virtue unstatusing my quo -- Lerner and Loewe.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:37 PM

Several hypocrites here, I wish I cared to make a big deal about issues in the past.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Several hypocrites here, I wish I cared to make a big deal about issues in the past.
Don't worry, there are plenty who do, so just hang around - you might even see emails from ten years ago or saved posts from long-dead forums. Better to spend that research time drinking a beer or hanging out with family.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Belltown Vintage

"Several hypocrites here, I wish I cared to make a big deal about issues in the past." - Sean, 2014
Old 05-07-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
"Several hypocrites here, I wish I cared to make a big deal about issues in the past." - Sean, 2014
I will probably threaten to sue myself in a couple years
Old 05-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default ebay

Lets get back to the Cheetos, whats up with that
Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Belltown Vintage

Last edited by Runscott; 05-09-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Mario Borgerding

Quote:
Supposedly, if you eat Cheetos, then your previous post is rendered useless. By being a non-Cheeto eater, you are supposedly the immediate winner of the discussion. But the truth is that Cheetos are great, especially the crunchy ones that are extra-spicey. Those who eat such items are actually the winners, if for no other reason than they are not typing in stupid discussions, because their fingers are too messy.

I will give myself a preemptive strike and go buy the Cheetos, as someone is about to suggest. Paul, just pretend I bought you a bag as well.
FYI...take a closer look and you'll see a can of Miller Lite - yes, a CAN not a bottle. I was invited to my fiancé family member's wedding and had to do a little mid-wedding celebration due to the dry ceremony. Cheetos and beer are a great combo, but hard to hide under a suitcoat

Successful Transactions with: kdixon; digdugdig; Brian Van Horn; old-baseball; Jim F; dougscats; Drew6; VoodooChild; yanksfan09; T206Collector; tinkertoeverstochance; sreader3; familytoad; ValKehl. Hoping for many more!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Belltown Vintage

Last edited by Runscott; 05-09-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:22 PM

Default Scott....

beer and salad?

I vote for a liquid dinner

the only thing I want to know is where can I hit the buy it now on that bargain brown om???

it's been 7 years I have been searching for this whale......
Old 05-07-2014, 09:10 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just must have read Mario's post wrong......I read that the buyer pulled out. Maybe I missed something. I have no dog in the fight but I have had great dealings with these sellers and it seems like someone did not like their price and went into a rant on a forum to discredit their reputation. That is not right. I am quite certain these sellers did not name a price then re-neg on them......especially over a couple of C notes. As far as the banker, stock broker, politician comments.....It was a bit of sarcasm but whatever. I just do not favor when people try to tarnish the reputation of hard working sellers who are actual business owners by ranting over a situation where they did not get their way. This can create a small wake of potential unwarranted damage to a reputation. It is not like they tried to "rip" off the buyer by selling them a fraudulent item. Perhaps irishhosta will read this and chime in, but as for now I rest my case. Perhaps, better yet Sean could enlighten us.

Jason
Old 05-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Perhaps, better yet Sean could enlighten us.
Yes...because Sean has more knowledge than all other posters combined!!

(note the sarcasm to someone's earlier post that just rubbed me the wrong way)
Old 05-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Pau.l C

Quote:
Supposedly, if you eat Cheetos, then your previous post is rendered useless. By being a non-Cheeto eater, you are supposedly the immediate winner of the discussion. But the truth is that Cheetos are great, especially the crunchy ones that are extra-spicey. Those who eat such items are actually the winners, if for no other reason than they are not typing in stupid discussions, because their fingers are too messy.

I will give myself a preemptive strike and go buy the Cheetos, as someone is about to suggest. Paul, just pretend I bought you a bag as well.
Scott I appreciate you sharing your version of the truth with me. Cheetos have 700 milligrams of sodium & 4 grams of fat in a meager 2 ounce serving. That is 1/2 of the limit a child should eat daily in a single snack. All those artificial ingredients are no better for us than the artificial bids. I would recommend a healthier snack but each person can choose for themselves balancing whats best for their health & snacking cravings. Call me blind- that's the way I see it

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/super-s...ry?id=20899643
interesting read on emergency room visits from folks eating those spicy cheetos

Last edited by chernieto; 05-08-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Mario Borgerding

Quick follow-up for everyone...IRISHHOSTA and I reconciled our differences and they honored the initial offer price on eBay. Granted this wasn't thousands of dollars here, but from a business perspective, I am content and see this as a learning experience.

I'm not sure of everyone elses history with the seller, or anyone else for that matter, but it takes a considerable amount of courage to iron out the disparities and let the proverbial "bygones be bygones" and proceed with the deal. I commend their actions and give praise to a mutual agreement!! Great outcome for both parties!

Mario Borgerding

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Successful Transactions with: kdixon; digdugdig; Brian Van Horn; old-baseball; Jim F; dougscats; Drew6; VoodooChild; yanksfan09; T206Collector; tinkertoeverstochance; sreader3; familytoad; ValKehl. Hoping for many more!

Last edited by Andretti83; 05-08-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:06 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Good to hear that it came out to a satisfactory resolution for everyone. Now if some board members who got caught up in this and some other recent threads could let bygones be bygones and reconcile too, that'd be even better.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Mario Borgerding

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
Good to hear that it came out to a satisfactory resolution for everyone. Now if some board members who got caught up in this and some other recent threads could let bygones be bygones and reconcile too, that'd be even better.
Very true. I was contacted last night and earlier today to discuss a remedy to the situation. In fact, it was IRISHHOSTA who agreed to offer the sale and initiate contact. I can't speak for others, but a favorable outcome always outweighs a negative one!!

Cheers...now go grab a Miller Lite and a family size bag of Cheetos!! It's NFL draft night!! Go Vikes!!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk