NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Mark

Paul,

That does seem like a long time, however AHs typically bring more money. Maybe the funding needs to go through several internal departments before release. Most who consign to these big AHs are aware of this delay. If someone needs money quicker there is eBay or the B/S/T section here.

I hear you though...sometimes it just feels good to vent. You should be able to do that here without being attacked.

All the best

Mark
Old 09-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfhofer View Post
Paul,

That does seem like a long time, however AHs typically bring more money. Maybe the funding needs to go through several internal departments before release. Most who consign to these big AHs are aware of this delay. If someone needs money quicker there is eBay or the B/S/T section here.

I hear you though...sometimes it just feels good to vent. You should be able to do that here without being attacked.

All the best

Mark
attacked? seriously? 3 people disagreed with his premise. hope this isn't considered an attack on you.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:35 PM
Mark

Ronnie,

Relax. It will be ok. Not every comment here is about you.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfhofer View Post
Ronnie,

Relax. It will be ok. Not every comment here is about you.
please stop attacking me.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

And Mark was right, and a bit more observant then a few.

If you read Sir Lance Alot's comments, he comes out swinging, "first off your math is terrible", kind of a negative comment, dare I say.... "attack mode".

If you go back and read my posts, and mind you none have been altered or updated, almost every one says "almost a month, or a couple months give or take" Never did I say exact times, but he "attacks" my math skills, when I really was just giving rough estimates.

Then he mentions "my flipping endeavors", um........did I ever mention flipping. I mentioned consigning to an auction house. So here Lance once again assumes or has a bad taste in his mouth from something prior, as again who mentioned flipping, I said very clearly consigning.

And he says its "my high priority" is to get paid quick. Another assumption by him. All I said in my original post is what do you think is a reasonable time to get paid by an AH.

And if you want to go by the small print of a consignment form that may or may not mention 45 days (but I'll give it to you, probable does say it), I've never read one all the way through, too small of a print and too much gibberish on those. I know the game, send in item, item gets auctioned, buyer pays, consignor gets paid. And to be fair I didn't read the small print for the ones who paid me in 2 weeks or 4 weeks. (In my best John Gruden) "...but I'll tell ya what man, I like dem guys who pay in a month or less".

So it was nothing but a personal attack for those who followed the entire thread, if you missed out go back and re-read more closely this time, or use those 20 minutes more wisely in your life and just trust me. Lance Pearl Harbored me. Done it b4, he'll do it again.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:00 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Here's an idea: how about Heritage pays its consignors the same vig it charges for advances? Because that is what a consignor is forced to do, give Heritage a 30-45 day Loan. Great business plan actually: force your customers to be your credit line.

And here's a customer service tip for HA: underpromise and overperform. Settlement exactly 45 days after the auction is the maximum time To pay before HA breaches its contract. It should not be the goal. The goal should be to pay consignors as soon as possible. My consignment experience with HA was they paid exactly 45 days after the close. REA, Love Of The Game and Sterling paid much faster. Guess where my subsequent consignments have gone.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 09-16-2017 at 06:38 AM.