NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Galleries Ebay Live Auction

Posted By: Adam B

Not that I can afford much in their current ebay live auction, but it is moving so fast that I don't think I could place a bid on my dial-up connection if I wanted to. Most of the action appears to be coming from the floor - was curious if ebay absentee bidding is also attributed to the auction house floor because that is how all of the opening bids are coming up.

Adam B.

Old 05-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

as i understand it,
online bidding ended last night.
The floor auction was then held today.

beware the buyer fees..excessive IMO.

Old 05-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Yes but they were also ebay live which was a 3rd type of bidding. The online bidding that ended the night before was through their website. The ebay live was live! But going too damn fast! I tried to bid on a few Ruth oddball cards I thought were cheap and I was clicking like a madman and boom! item closed! I did have a phone line for 2 items, the lady called me 15 lots ahead of time and said the auctioneer was moving so fast that she didn't want to miss my lots. I told her I tried to bid through ebay and never had a chance, she just started laughing and so did I.

Old 05-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: anonymousdave

...they don't register in my "watch list" correctly.

so for the Heritage "E-bay Live" bidders the juice was 24-25% right?...that's rediculous.

...but anything vig over 10% is.. IMO.

Old 05-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I was on Heritage's website watching a couple of cards that I was the high bidder on after the Internet Auction ended. It appeared from my vantage point that they were reeling through their entire inventory at the rate of 4-5 items per minute once the floor auction started yesterday. I didn't know that you could follow along with this on Ebay and place additional bids however.

I ended up winning the two items I was watching however. I received an "End of Auction Status" email but nothing that confirmed a final total including shipping and the 19.5% premium. I guess this is coming in a day or two?

Anyone else have any success yesterday?

Old 05-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David Vargha

High buyer's fees don't bother me as a buyer as they are simply part of the bidding equation. They suck as a consignor, though. I won the Willard's Chocolate Babe Ruth for less than my max bid. I thought it was a decent price and I also have the assurance that they don't shill me up to my max.

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 05-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

I also won something for much less than my max bid that was placed via the internet a few days before the live auction.

HOORAY for honesty!

Old 05-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ben

ok, who outbid me on that sweet sweet Star Candy Ruth?

Old 05-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Wesley

The Star Player Ruth was nice....the first one I have seen in a few years. I wish I bought it.

One good thing about Heritage is that they take credit card.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry Ficchi

Yes, extremely excessive buyer's premium, but they do deliver. Live auctions are always better than extended time on internet auctions. They allow phone bidding (like Hunt) and credit card payments - not to buy with money we don't have, but to expedite the process. Credit card reward points are always nice too. Hey, if we're spending several thousand anyway, why not get a little something (and I do mean a little) for it. I received my item today via Fed Ex two day delivery and it was packaged like no other I've ever opened. Three boxes, each smaller than the other, with each surrounded by those annoying peanuts. This is my first experience with Heritage and I'm very happy with the transaction. I won't ever go overboard with them, given the high buyer's premium, but I will factor that into my bidding process when they have an item I'm extremely interested in.