NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: Dan Mckee

I just want to say thanks to my good friends on this board who have made this transaction a living hell. I titled this post Old Judge Box so that Scott wouldn't have to go through this again. But I wanted to say thanks to the other 2 of my dear friends who wrote the seller: Jay Miller and Terry (natebug).

Thanks guys, I appreciate the assistance in this BIN auction that I won fairly and cannot have for the price I won it. oh by the way, Scott Gaynor hasn't received my check yet so there is still time to write him and help me out on this auction as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3249801184&category=133&rd=1

Old 11-12-2003, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: Anonymous

A couple Board members ham-hocked you?!?!

Old 11-12-2003, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Ham hocked me? maybe, what does that mean? anyway, it was a couple board members and 1 very good long time friend that really shocks me! Anyway! Thanks to the continuous emails by a few BOZO's on this board, there is going to be JUSTICE! The seller is completing the transaction with me so the only loss here is a few friends?? or supposed friends and alot of time and a lot of headaches! It is refreshing to see people's true colors. Have a nice Christmas and/or Holiday all of you. Dan.

Old 11-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: brian weisner

Hi Dan,
I thought you won a neat item for a great price. Can you tell me what happened? I hope I haven't missed another thread,but I'm on vacation so it is possible. Thanks bkw

Old 11-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: JC

I would like to know what happend to? Dan, Does this mean that my price will go down on our offline deal?

Old 11-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

glad the transaction is going through. Don't know all the specifics about it but if it was a transaction between you and him/her, it should go through if it was completed. I think we've all emailed someone before about ending an auction early or at least seeing what the person would sell the item for outright if they were interested in that. At that point, it's between you and them. Anyone contacting sellers after the fact could be considered in tampering with the auction. There have been TONS of stuff I wanted to bid on that ended early or were pulled and sold to the highest bidder. Just part of the game.

Old 11-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Thanks Tom and JC, TOUCHE to the seller for being an honest person. She was also very nice through this entire nightmare. I just hope I can refrain from lowering myself in retaliation. This is a good chance for me to better myself from the bottom feeder I am.

Old 11-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: Wesley

Am I missing something? You won the auction with ebay's buy-it-now feature. The seller cannot renege at this point.

Old 11-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: Jeff M.

I won a auction on ebay with a buy it now and had 2 people try to buy the card from the seller after the auction was over by offering the seller more than I paid. If your out there thanks.

Old 11-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: Lee Behrens

OOOpps I lost the item. What recourse do we have a buyer if that is there excuse. Hell it could get lost in the mail, what recourse do we have there are alot of excuses that we as buyers have NO recourse.

Dan please explain the whole situation. From what I get out of it is that you used BIN. The seller was later contacted by the above mentioned to buy at a higher price. Am I correct?

Lee

Old 11-12-2003, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Wes, come on pal, the seller said her father in law wouldn't give it up. Dog could have eaten it, they might not be able to find it like the Verkman E107, they can say anything and as the buyer you have nothing but to leave negative and then you will receive one back in most cases. There really is no big harm I guess in writing after an auction had closed. I do it sometimes asking if they have another and received my 1934 skybird series of 144 Doolittle that way. I was also the underbidder so that helped. My bummer here is that board members know me and know it was me that won and when they wrote, by mentioning they would bid or pay $250 to $300, and I won for $25, well that just doesn't encourage the seller to finish the transaction. Let's see, a $250 negative? big deal plus I can give one back. Luckily in this case, we are dealing with an honest seller who has a conscience and ethics. Although I wish she would have just done this up front and said sorry, done deal, at least she did come through! Dan

Old 11-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: runscott

How in the hell can you say how nice the seller has been? She is a friggin cheat for not selling you this item IMMEDIATELY when you took the BIN - how can she be otherwise? You should not be making excuses for this person who cannot honor a contract without first giving you major grief over it. One moment you hate her, now you love her.

If you feel like hating me, and adding me to your little notepad of "people to get later" list, then go ahead (just don't put me on the same page with Joe Orlando).

But none of this really matters because I won a Rip Radcliffe glove tonight and I can't wait to play catch.

Old 11-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Scott, she has been nice to me on the phone and has agreed to complete the deal at this point though I agree with your statements that she should have done this to begin with. I do not hate you. You haven't made my list, I didn't know I had a list? I have however learned to hate fairly recently and it has nothing to do with you or anyone else on this board. It is a very ugly feeling that I do not particularly care for and hope none of you have to feel this way about another human being. Hopefully I will have successful closure in a few months that will heal the wound. Dan.

Old 11-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: runscott

This is all about collecting pieces of cardboard and acting somewhat like kids (not mean kids who kick each others asses).

Old 11-12-2003, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Now wait a minute, I haven't threatened to kick anyone's ass, have I? And the event that has me feeling ugly isn't about cardboard, it is about a great deal of my hard earned money that was taken from me. Different scenerio than this box debacle as you call it. I haven't kicked anyones ass in years and never over baseball cards recently.

Old 11-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

You threatened to kick my ass about six times now just for being friends with your 16th bestest card Buddy, Leon! In my case,you would need to wait in line behind prince Hal and your other Buddy who actually threatened my life in an e-mail he sent to another card buddy. It's card board vigilante collector club and you guys are Gold card members! lol*

Old 11-13-2003, 06:05 AM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: dan mckee

The only difference is, in your case, I will follow through. Who threatened your life?? That is heavy shift and out of my league, I would just like to pound the crap out of you, then go get a beer with you. Dan.

Old 11-13-2003, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: Jason

Dan-

Do you still want the victory back? I took you up on your offer that you made and you never responded. Please let me know before I change my mind on it.

Jason

Old 11-13-2003, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Box

Posted By: BcD

But if I go to a show and you do it can we share a room when we are done with the beers and talk cards and spoon all night? I love you bro!