NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-17-2009, 02:46 PM
James Gallo

Default WOW here's another one from Ebay

So I get home from some shopping to see an email from ebaying saying and item was removed for unauthorized listing content. I was like wonder what this is all about.

And here is the title of the auction

1968 Tom Seaver 2nd Year SGC 84 PSA 7 NM Super Nice

WTH I can't believe that PSA could possibly care that someone is selling an SGC graded card and listed the PSA grade as well, hell that should be happy people do as it give them more visibility.

Has anyone heard of this before or had it happen to them?

As is typical Ebay just pulls stuff like this and doesn't even bother looking at it.

Unbelievable!!!

James G
Old 12-17-2009, 02:49 PM
FredYoung

Someone reported you for keyword spamming--using PSA in the Title!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:54 PM
James Gallo

Default I don't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
Someone reported you for keyword spamming--using PSA in the Title!
I don't think that was it, here is the rest of the email.

"The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law. "

I think if it was a keyword issue they would have just stated that wouldn't they.

I almost always see cards listed with both the SGC and PSA grades, even in th ebig catalogs they will say SGC 8 instead of 88.

James G
Old 12-17-2009, 03:14 PM
FredYoung

James--

In view of that letter, I think an "agent" or, in other words, a BIG PSA Seller, reported you because he's trying to keep you from competing w/ him on that particular card!

I don't think PSA itself takes the time to review every card listed for such a violation, as there are 100's as you say!!

BUT---It IS keyword spamming none the less! It would only be removed if someone complained.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:20 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

It is considered keyword spamming, since you used "PSA" in the title on a non-PSA graded card.

You can say "SGC 84 7", but you can't put "PSA" in the title, since it's not a PSA graded card.

Steve
Old 12-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
James--

In view of that letter, I think an "agent" or, in other words, a BIG PSA Seller, reported you because he's trying to keep you from competing w/ him on that particular card!

I don't think PSA itself takes the time to review every card listed for such a violation, as there are 100's as you say!!

BUT---It IS keyword spamming none the less! It would only be removed if someone complained.
I too think it's because of keyword spamming. And I agree that it wasn't probably PSA reporting it, it was probably a big PSA seller. Sort of ridiculous with all of the other fakes and BS that go on, on ebay. You would think they would handle the outright fraud first.....which there is plenty of at any given minute. I could go count 50 fake cards being sold as real, without even breaking a sweat. Last time I reported obvious fakes nothing was done so I don't report them anymore. It's futile. Just list the card again with the SGC grade of 84 and NRMT 7, and you will have no issue. The lunacy of ebay continues.