NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Default Cracker Jack Mathewson CSA 8 on eBay

Posted By: Steve M.

Why, if you owned something seemingly this nice wouldn't you have it graded by PSA or SGC? Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1915-CRACKER-JACK-CHRISTY-MATHEWSON-CSA-8-88_W0QQitemZ8770046702QQcategoryZ86837QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

Old 02-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: cmoking

the seller obviously know what they are doing. whether the card is consigned or they own it, they would have tried to get it into a PSA or SGC holder.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Seth B.

I don't know why anyone would bid on this. A '15 CJ Matty, while not a common card, is not impossible, and more than one will come up this year especially with the major auctions and the national ahead of us. CSA is a bullsh*t grading company and a big red flag on any major card: the likelihood that this is trimmed, bleached, or god forbid, soaked (jk, let's not start that again) is very high. The borders look big enough, but I think it's been bleached. There are the regular CJ tobacco stains, but they're lighter than my other cracker jacks.
I say, stay away, another will come up. This isn't going to come cheap even at a discount, and could turn out to be worth much less than it goes for. Unless you're the yet-unnamed powerball winner, why bother with the risk?

Old 02-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: pete

whether the seller is the owner or not, why would you settle for less $ knowing that it could be possibly double. if the owner is not the seller, then i would hope the seller would mention it to the owner...i bet if you call him on it, you would get a response like..."we're not the owner of the card, the owner doesnt want to wait, he/she just wants to sell it the way it is...blah, blah, blah" last time i checked psa has a same day turn around and it would be well worth the few days delay.

pete-

Old 02-22-2006, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anson

Sometimes you're alright with CSA cards, sometimes not. That's why I refer to them as CSA "CrapShoot Authenticators"

Also, if you do get a CSA card that isn't trimmed and authentic, don't expect it to cross over at the same grade. It RARELY happens.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

With the barely visible caramel stains, it closely resembles the Spic n Span CJ we had won a year ago from ColoradoMou, umm... A questionable ebaY seller.

Hope this guy refunds.

*Rejected by SGC -bleached