NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default pete rose: What a Hitter & What a Scumbag !!

More information released today shows that he did bet on games he actually played in - which is another thing he absolutely denied.

How anyone can defend the pile of crap is beyond me.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 06-22-2015, 02:40 PM
Rob

I'm not a Rose fan, but apropos of your signature, maybe you "have not attempted to understand" gambling addiction.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:29 PM
Todd Schultz

It's not the gambling addict that deserves disdain and contempt-- it is the liar. Even an addict who needs to lie to maintain his addiction could deserve some sympathy or understanding, I would suppose, but I assume a reformed or recovering addict would show remorse/contrition and acknowledgment of his past problems, not: a) deny and lie about betting on baseball at all for 11 years, and b) deny for 26 years and counting that he bet on baseball while a player.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 06-22-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I'm not a Rose fan, but apropos of your signature, maybe you "have not attempted to understand" gambling addiction.

You obviously misread my signature remarks.

rose is operating in the SAME culture & I DO understand it, I just don't condone it...or forgive it!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 06-22-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
It's not the gambling addict that deserves disdain and contempt-- it is the liar. Even an addict who needs to lie to maintain his addiction could deserve some sympathy or understanding, I would suppose, but I assume a reformed or recovering addict would show remorse/contrition and acknowledgment of his past problems, not: a) deny and lie about betting on baseball at all for 11 years, and b) deny for 26 years and counting that he bet on baseball while a player.
The real problem is that he thinks he was and is bigger than the game. Instead of revering the game and protecting its integrity, he used it for personal gain with no regard to behavioral acceptances.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Frank
Fra.nk Anth0ny

But remember, he only bet on baseball as a manager and not a player. Right. Also he only bet on the Reds. Right. Who in their right mind would believe anything this lyer says.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:13 PM

This guy is a bum. A man who feels remorse admits what he did without prompting. A coward continues to deny, deny, deny, and even after being caught red handed, will continue to dismiss the seriousness of what they've done.

Pete Rose should not ever be elected to the HOF and he should be shunned by baseball for eternity.

Last edited by packs; 06-23-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:25 PM
Sean Sullivan

Default I (respectfully) disagree

Yeah, he bet on baseball. Yeah, he lied about it. We all know it.
But watching him play baseball was one of the greatest times in my life. I have seen a lot of people play, but I have never seen anyone, ANYONE, play like Pete.

We have juicers in baseball. We have racists, and domestic abusers, and coke fiends. Boozers and skirt chasers. Baseball is not squeaky clean. It never has been, and I doubt it ever will be. But that is what makes it unique, it is a history and a chronicle and a reflection of us. If baseball is dirty, it is only because we, the fans, made it that way.

I think it is unfair to keep Pete out of the Hall. I am not saying we should canonize the guy, and rename him St. Peter. He should NOT be allowed to manage any more teams.

I personally forgive Pete, and think that before it is too late, we should finally let him come home. But not for Pete. For me. I don't want to end my days thinking that I was too selfish to forgive someone who made stupid mistakes. I know I have made mine.

Ok, well, my mistakes didn't exactly involve ten grand on the Reds when I am the lead off hitter.
In fact, now that I think about it, my life mistakes don't seem too bad, compared to that.
Well, I don't know about all of you, but I suddenly feel much better about my life.

Thanks Pete!
Old 06-23-2015, 08:21 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

“Scumbag“
“pile of crap“
“liar“
“bum“
“coward“

Yup, he's all that and a whole lot more. I agree with you guys. However, I do think he should be in the Hall of Fame. It's the HOF, not the Hall of Integrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDfan View Post
I think it is unfair to keep Pete out of the Hall. I
+1
Old 06-24-2015, 04:54 AM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
“Scumbag“
“pile of crap“
“liar“
“bum“
“coward“

Yup, he's all that and a whole lot more. I agree with you guys. However, I do think he should be in the Hall of Fame. It's the HOF, not the Hall of Integrity. +1
Not while he's alive, if at all. It seemed as if baseball was moving towards Rose but I'm sure this shuts down any hope. Joe Jackson is more deserving of being forgiven and making the Hall. I always saw Jackson as "the canary in the mine" , if he made it in, Rose would. Rose is his own worst enemy, great player though in his prime, but I wonder when the evidence will come out he bet against his team.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:40 AM
Be.n C0z1n

I like Rose, and while he certainly has his faults, he's made for numerous debates, etc.... Let's face it, is Derek Jeter a good guy? I don't know him, but by all accounts, yes. Here's the thing. If all pro athletes were like Derek Jeter, pro sports would be pretty boring. It's the villains and personalities that make pro sports interesting. I'm also a A-Rod and a Richard Sherman fan just for the record. My one beef with Rose was the Ray Fosse incident in the All Star game. That was uncalled for.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
Not while he's alive, if at all. It seemed as if baseball was moving towards Rose but I'm sure this shuts down any hope. Joe Jackson is more deserving of being forgiven and making the Hall. I always saw Jackson as "the canary in the mine" , if he made it in, Rose would. Rose is his own worst enemy, great player though in his prime, but I wonder when the evidence will come out he bet against his team.
Rick - I wholeheartedly agree with 'not while he's alive' - if he was to be inducted while still living, he'd be getting better treatment than Santo, who obviously deserved better.

It does not matter if he bet against his team - if he only bets ON his team at certain times, it has the same effect. Being the manager or one of the regular players, he was in a position to directly affect the outcome of the games he bet on, and thusly on even the ones he did not bet on.

Remember, there is a sign in EVERY Major League clubhouse that states betting on Baseball in 'taboo' (I'm not sure of the actual wording, but the message is crystal clear).

Last edited by clydepepper; 06-25-2015 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:40 AM

It's not really about whether or not Rose is a good guy. It's about whether or not he broke cardinal rules of baseball, which he did do. He could have broken all the rules he wanted in his personal life, but when you break the rules of baseball, it's not unreasonable to be punished. He knew the punishment before he broke the rules and he did it anyway. He is banned because he should be banned.

Last edited by packs; 06-25-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:09 PM
D0NN1E B

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post

I'm not sure how Jow Jackson is more deserving... he actually threw World Series games and possibly regular season games in 1920. Buck Weaver maybe... but not joe jackson. I say never let any of them in.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer1999 View Post
I'm not sure how Jow Jackson is more deserving... he actually threw World Series games and possibly regular season games in 1920. Buck Weaver maybe... but not joe jackson. I say never let any of them in.
It's questionable that Jackson threw any games. His actual performance suggests that he didn’t. There is no doubt that Rose bet on games as a player and manager. Pete knew the rules when he put himself above the game. Now he is paying the price, forever banned from the game and hof. The idea that players would ignore the cardinal rule of baseball and would want induct Pete makes no sense.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:41 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
It's questionable that Jackson threw any games. His actual performance suggests that he didn’t. There is no doubt that Rose bet on games as a player and manager. Pete knew the rules when he put himself above the game. Now he is paying the price, forever banned from the game and hof. The idea that players would ignore the cardinal rule of baseball and would want induct Pete makes no sense.
Yup, I was under the impression he played pretty well.

"Debate has raged ever since over the extent of Jackson’s participation in the scheme. He claimed his teammates gave his name to the gamblers even though he hadn’t agreed to participate, and the other players admitted that Jackson never attended meetings about the fix. Though Jackson signed a confession in 1920 stating that he was paid $5,000 (out of the $20,000 he was promised), he later asserted that a team lawyer manipulated him into signing a document he didn’t fully understand. (Jackson never learned to read or write.) He also said he tried to return the money and talk to White Sox owner Charles Comiskey about the plan both before and after the series, but was rebuffed.

And finally, there’s the matter of Jackson’s play on the field. During the 1919 championship, the slugger made no errors and racked up 12 hits, a World Series record that stood until 1964. His batting average for the series (.375) was the highest on either team. If Jackson did try to throw the championship, his supporters argue, he did a pretty poor job. In any event, after the 1921 ban Jackson played “outlaw” ball under an assumed name before retiring to his hometown of Greenville, South Carolina, where he eventually owned a liquor store. He made various efforts to be reinstated, all of which were denied, before his death in 1951."

Last edited by RTK; 06-26-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:26 PM
D0NN1E B

Quote:
I don't think there is much doubt that he participated in throwing these games. He even took payment and testified to this.
Most of his stats were padded at irrelevant points in the games and in the Cicotte game when they were actually trying to win.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer1999 View Post
I don't think there is much doubt that he participated in throwing these games. He even took payment and testified to this.
Most of his stats were padded at irrelevant points in the games and in the Cicotte game when they were actually trying to win.
There is no evidence that he took payment.The grand jury record of his testimony shows no confession, that is a myth. He was aquitted and later successfully sued Comisky for back pay. 3 legal proceedings in each he claimed innocence. After they were banned, the 7 said that he wasn't part of the fix.

He padded his stats? He set a record for hits, 12, and had an OPS of almost 1.000. He had a truly remarkable series if he was able to do that while throwing games. There are many myths around the Black Sox story. The only thing we know about Jackson is he knew of the fix. That is enough to keep him banned from baseball and out of the hof.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:35 AM
D0NN1E B

Quote:
There is no evidence that he took payment.The grand jury record of his testimony shows no confession, that is a myth. He was aquitted and later successfully sued Comisky for back pay. 3 legal proceedings in each he claimed innocence. After they were banned, the 7 said that he wasn't part of the fix.

He padded his stats? He set a record for hits, 12, and had an OPS of almost 1.000. He had a truly remarkable series if he was able to do that while throwing games. There are many myths around the Black Sox story. The only thing we know about Jackson is he knew of the fix. That is enough to keep him banned from baseball and out of the hof.
He padded his stats at irrelevant points. His home run came when they were already down by 8 runs. He knew if he got singles, Risberg and Gandil batting behind him would never drive him in. in the field he played routine fly balls into triples and played out of position. There were a couple games when he went all out because he didn't know the fix was still on or when they were trying to win Ciccote game 5 for next year's contract negotiations.
I thought his grand jury testimony was hidden by comisky but turned up at the Milwaukee hearings four years later when Jackson was try to sue Comisky? And when they turned up the judge found Jackson in contempt and sent him off to jail for perjury.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:37 PM
Rob

Did you catch his stand up routine on the ASG pregame tonight? Bad.

I grew up in Ohio during the Big Red Machine years. I never liked Pete. That said, I say ban him from baseball but put him in the Hall. It's a museum of greatness and Pete was a great....a gambling addict and not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but a great.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:52 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Pete Rose's wife though is really hot. You have to hand it to the guy for that..
Old 07-15-2015, 11:37 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Pete Rose's wife though is really hot. You have to hand it to the guy for that..
She is. But even she tells him he's not supposed to be in the hall.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:23 PM

Default What If?

What if players like Clemens, McGuire, Canseco, Braun, Rodriguez and others to many for naming get into the Hall. Is that really fair? They are flat out cheaters no matter how one looks at it. If an Olympic metal can be stripped because of doping, then a lifetime ban should be in place on players for the Hall. Gambling is an addiction, juicing is a choice!! I know many hate Rose but his accomplishments were pure not chemically enhanced!!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Jeff

The first time he bet on baseball it was a choice. There are plenty of other things to bet on. He has had years and years of opportunities to come clean and exhibit a modicom of remorse. Poor Pete. What everyone else has done matters not.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 09-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjoman View Post
What if players like Clemens, McGuire, Canseco, Braun, Rodriguez and others to many for naming get into the Hall. Is that really fair? They are flat out cheaters no matter how one looks at it. If an Olympic metal can be stripped because of doping, then a lifetime ban should be in place on players for the Hall. Gambling is an addiction, juicing is a choice!! I know many hate Rose but his accomplishments were pure not chemically enhanced!!
Braun used an unauthorized substance (not a performance enhancer) to heal a calf injury that had been bothering him for nearly the entire 2011 season. Was it wrong? Yes. Should he have been suspended? Yes. Does that even begin to compare to betting on baseball games (including games he was playing in, and managing) for years, and then lying about it for decades?

Not in the slightest.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 09-03-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:38 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

I think pete should be in the HOF as well as Joe jacksan and a few other "bad guys" like mentioned before the guy was an awesome player and my kid and eventually grand kids should be able to see him in the hof. the Hof is a museum... a history of the best players.

here are my complete thoughts -

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2014/01...-of-fame.html/
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 09-04-2015 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Owen R

I am personally against Pete Rose, and him ever being entered back into the hall.

Let me tell you a story told to me by a former ML baseball player: (this was probably in the 1990's)

We had just finished a Players' Association meeting, and I was sitting at a table in a restaurant with Yogi (Berra), Juan (Marichal) and some shortstop from St. Louis. We could hear a conversation on the table next to us. A small girl, maybe 7-8 years old asked one of the players on the table to sign her cap. The player angrily denied "I'm busy," but said the girl could have the signature for $60. She ran away crying to her family. From Yogi and Marichal's table we could hear what happened, we went over to the girl and asked to borrow her cap, then we marched over to the player. We put the cap in front of him, and demanded "now sign it, or there'll be trouble."

The player was Rose.... obviously.

Good ol' Pete
Old 09-04-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
I think pete should be in the HOF as well as Joe jacksan and a few other "bad guys" like mentioned before the guy was an awesome player and my kid and eventually grand kids should be able to see him in the hof. the Hof is a museum... a history of the best players.

here are my complete thoughts -

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2014/01...-of-fame.html/
'grand kids' can see him in enough places, just not in a place of honor.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:05 AM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
'grand kids' can see him in enough places, just not in a place of honor.
"honor" is a big word for so many that don't deserve to be in the HOF to begin with...If Pete doesn't deserve to be in the HOF, there are several that need to be booted out as well.

I'm all for him not being allowed in baseball, but to keep him out of the HOF is a shame. He is one of the greatest players in history and for that, he deserves a plaque. We need to get off of our high horse about honor and such...the Hall is a lot of politics to begin with...look who does the voting...such a joke.
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 09-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Peter Spaeth

This extensive discussion concludes it is likely Cobb bet on a game.

http://baseballguru.com/bburgess/ana...burgess05.html

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:39 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Default Pete Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidonCollects View Post
I am personally against Pete Rose, and him ever being entered back into the hall.

Let me tell you a story told to me by a former ML baseball player: (this was probably in the 1990's)

We had just finished a Players' Association meeting, and I was sitting at a table in a restaurant with Yogi (Berra), Juan (Marichal) and some shortstop from St. Louis. We could hear a conversation on the table next to us. A small girl, maybe 7-8 years old asked one of the players on the table to sign her cap. The player angrily denied "I'm busy," but said the girl could have the signature for $60. She ran away crying to her family. From Yogi and Marichal's table we could hear what happened, we went over to the girl and asked to borrow her cap, then we marched over to the player. We put the cap in front of him, and demanded "now sign it, or there'll be trouble."

The player was Rose.... obviously.

Good ol' Pete
This doesn't sound like the Rose I have heard about or experienced. He was very gracious to me on three different occasions. The final time I met with him at a breakfast meeting that he was a guest speaker for. At the end of the meeting, he signed balls for everyone in attendance. When I approached him, he signed two balls for my sons, and then reached behind the table and pulled out two bats that he signed for them as well.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:30 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
This doesn't sound like the Rose I have heard about or experienced. He was very gracious to me on three different occasions. The final time I met with him at a breakfast meeting that he was a guest speaker for. At the end of the meeting, he signed balls for everyone in attendance. When I approached him, he signed two balls for my sons, and then reached behind the table and pulled out two bats that he signed for them as well.
I haven't heard anything as negative pertaining to Pete as what was stated above either, but maybe that was his turnaround point? Some people don't see the "light" until something smacks them in the face...maybe this was that moment.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
I haven't heard anything as negative pertaining to Pete as what was stated above either, but maybe that was his turnaround point? Some people don't see the "light" until something smacks them in the face...maybe this was that moment.
believe me, he hasnt seen the light.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Richard Simon

In pre internet days, when I was doing shows regularly, I heard from several people that Pete had a woman in every city in the Natl. League. According to what I heard he never tried to hide it and his wife knew about it. Embarrassing her was never something he worried about.
I also heard that he knowingly used his people to forge his signature in situations where he was paid to sign in private sessions.
Again, these are stories I heard from others, I have no proof.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-17-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
In pre internet days, when I was doing shows regularly, I heard from several people that Pete had a woman in every city in the Natl. League. According to what I heard he never tried to hide it and his wife knew about it. Embarrassing her was never something he worried about.
I also heard that he knowingly used his people to forge his signature in situations where he was paid to sign in private sessions.
Again, these are stories I heard from others, I have no proof.
I'm glad they take character and personality into consideration when they put someone into the Hall...

I feel like there would only be a handful of guys in the HOF if the committee made sure they were good on and off the field before entering.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:14 PM

Pete Rose is my all-time favorite baseball player, and his hustling persona has been a big inspiration to me in my life. I hope that he is reinstated and elected to the Hall of Fame.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:24 PM
Belltown Vintage

Rose is a tool, but I would put him in the HOF. I have personally watched him behave like a tool twice in person. Ironically, I almost inadvertently met him at the Cleveland National - he walked right past me while I was standing at the elevator and the guys at our drinking table saw it, but I didn't. I'm glad - he was unpleasant on those occasions in 1973 and 1985, and that was before it was proven publicly that he is a disgrace to baseball. If I had thought about it, I might have brought a photo for him to get signed, labeled 'Biggest SOB in baseball', just to see his reaction to it.

Here's Rose being an SOB in 1973 - he had just told a bunch of kids, including my little brother, that he would go put his stuff on the bus and then come out and sign our autographs. He went to the back of the bus and smiled out the window at us - he didn't come out.

Last edited by Runscott; 09-10-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:59 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacprc View Post
Pete Rose is my all-time favorite baseball player, and his hustling persona has been a big inspiration to me in my life. I hope that he is reinstated and elected to the Hall of Fame.
Oh he certainly was a hustler. Still is.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Dave

The only hall Pete should be in is the one leading to the bathroom. All the while with him mumbling to himself, am I gonna make it. Am I gonna make it.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:47 PM

I see on the nightly news here in our area that the commissioner will give Pete his answer to his request for reinstatement... I personally hope the commissioner approves it and that Pete gets voted into the hall of fame where he belongs.. There have been few better at the game than Pete...

http://romahawk.com
Old 09-27-2015, 05:28 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romahawk View Post
I see on the nightly news here in our area that the commissioner will give Pete his answer to his request for reinstatement... I personally hope the commissioner approves it and that Pete gets voted into the hall of fame where he belongs.. There have been few better at the game than Pete...
Shouldn't that last line be, "There have been few bettors at the game than Pete..."(?)
Old 10-01-2015, 06:41 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
The only hall Pete should be in is the one leading to the bathroom. All the while with him mumbling to himself, am I gonna make it. Am I gonna make it.
And Dave, your reasons are????