NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Gary McNabb

Default New direction and perception to my collecting

Just recently I have become very frustrated with my collecting as the result of the cost of cards and my lack of funds. I had put a small collection of pre-war cards together back in the late 70's & early 80's. I focused on New York Americans and tried to establish a type collection. The passion of the hunt was addicting ! All came to halt as the result of the death of my oldest child who I shared the collection with.
Two years ago I began to look at my cards and the passion and addiction got a hold on me again, but soon the frustration set in when I realized that the cards I wanted cost hundreds of dollars. I relieved my frustration by joining this forum and talking to others about our cards. I also met Scott from aquarian sports cards and became the runner for his auctions, I am having such a blast.
After a few posts on the forum I started to get inquires about selling some of my cards that I was talking about with the forum gang. At the time the thought of selling some of my cards seemed sacrilege. Getting bored, I switched from type collecting and began trying to put together team sets. HOFers, short prints and variations soon again became frustrating obstacles. So I had to rethink my collection and change my perception of how I wanted to collect. I thought maybe it was time to give up some of my cards and give others the enjoyment that gave me and than put the money into some cards that would again make me happy. The first ones to go were my t215-1 Red Cross Chance and my e107 Williams both tough cards and than I completed my team sets of e90-1, t205 with multi backs, t206 with multi backs, t202 and one card short of t207. Next is the t204 set. Happy and life is good !!!

Last edited by garymc; 11-23-2017 at 09:57 AM.