NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-23-2009, 10:45 AM
marty quinn

Default o/t stolen from sports card link

ebay auction-110436656979- if anybody owns any of the cards in this thiefs auctions i would advise you shut him down now!!! i noticed about 4 cards right off the bat, i am sure all are stolen scans..

told him the scans were stolen. his response-"Oh wait? Stolen? Do you even know who I am? These are not stolen, I have pictures of LOTS. Thanks for the warning though"

looks like i scared him enough to take them down, is response again-"Are you ten years old for thirteen? I own sports card link, I have ended all auction and reported you for a fraud report with proof of ownership. Matter of a fact, give me a number where I can call you. Im not fond of comments like this. I am a 3rd Class Navy Officer (Petty Officer Danny Veteo) You need to research quiet a bit more often before you leave such comments. I have reported you as well. Thanks for your concern."

then why would he say he bought them in a garage sale? lol, you can spend every waking moment chasing these guys down.

Last edited by mightyq; 09-23-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Dave

From one of his closed auctions:

"You are bidding on A 1922 W575-1 B&W ISSUE BABE RUTH SGC 6 BASEBALL CARD!

I PURCHASED THE CARDS I HAVE LISTED FROM A AUCTION/YARD SALE. WHEN I PURCHASED THEM I HAD PURCHASED A LOT OF CARDS AND NOTICED POPULAR RARE NAMES. I KNOW THEY ARE WELL WORTH MORE THAN WHAT I GAVE FOR THEM, AS I AM NOT A CARD COLLECTOR AND DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM, PLEASE SEND ME YOUR (HONEST) BUY IT NOW OFFERS/BEST OFFERS."

What a wonderful "Yard" sale that must have been.

I love that old con. Pretend you're an ignorant yahoo to draw in the ever present too good to be true but golly maybe I'm on to something this time crowd.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:20 AM
marty quinn

i cant fathom why this guy would relist ??? looking for trouble i guess.

I love that old con. Pretend you're an ignorant yahoo to draw in the ever present too good to be true but golly maybe I'm on to something this time crowd. it is amazing isnt it!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Doug C.

In his response he claims "I own sports card link", but in the auction says "I am not a card collector and don't know much about them". You would think someone that claims to own a sports card website would know a little something about cards.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Clayton

Default Dishonest people

There seem to be a lot of dishonest people on Ebay lately.For instance,if you can still pull it up,look at item #140342364796,,,it has ended-it was a supposed T-206 Magie error card,ungraded,starting bid $10,000.00,,,,if you look at the scan,all of the writing at the bottom is the same size.Clearly a fake.I emailed the seller(who of course has 0 feedback) and told him it was not an original.His response to me was "thanks for the tip".He did not pull the listing,and I guess my reporting him to Ebay did nothing,because the auction ended naturally.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:54 PM

Default Dishonest ebay members

It is becoming more prevalent and quite frightening really. The last thing I want to worry about with all the stuff I already have to worry about is getting ripped off on ebay. This guy probably makes enough off one unsuspecting and unreporting ebay member to warrant his shady activities. It just takes on gullible buyer. Too bad because I want more people to grow in this hobby, not less.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Jason

Default Very entertaining! Post more!

I particularly enjoyed the "popular rare names" phrase...absolutely rich with confusion, conflict and stupidity