NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-01-2012, 07:07 PM

Default Has anyone dealt with hamr007 Greg Wenning on ebay?

He bought my Tolstoi Cobb SGC graded and says he is disappointed and wants to return it. When I look at what he bids on it is all shiny new stuff. Something seems strange as I cannot get an answer of why he is disappointed.

I have been badly harrassed by qdoggmets on ebay and both are from New Jersey. I am wondering if this may be a planned attack? Does anyone know if the 2 are connected maybe?

Also, should I accept a return on this? I am starting to get fed up with non-paying bidders which basically this will equate to if I accept a return.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370523195056

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by danmckee; 03-01-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:27 PM

WOW! He got the card today and has opened a paypal claim! Too funny. This stinks of wrong doing.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default something

Something is rotten in Denmark !! Your cards are always as described. Look forward to seeing you in Baltimore.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmckee View Post
He bought my Tolstoi Cobb SGC graded and says he is disappointed and wants to return it. When I look at what he bids on it is all shiny new stuff. Something seems strange as I cannot get an answer of why he is disappointed.

I have been badly harrassed by qdoggmets on ebay and both are from New Jersey. I am wondering if this may be a planned attack? Does anyone know if the 2 are connected maybe?

Also, should I accept a return on this? I am starting to get fed up with non-paying bidders which basically this will equate to if I accept a return.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370523195056

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Huh. All he has been buying is a bunch of crappy cam newton cards and other low cost items. I wonder if he was drunk or his kid got a hold of his account and bought the Ty Cobb. Looks like he made a mistake and is trying to get out of the purchase to me. Or he made the buy and is freaking out over the price. It happens I suppose. Could be he was workign with the guy from Jersey, but I would just take the return and not look back. The card will always have value and why go through the hassle with the guy?

BTW, the card is quite nice, I couldn't see how one would be disapointed with it. Very clean.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Scans

How can he be disappointed? Nice large clear scans and a card that is a nice correctly graded VG?

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:03 PM

Default FINALLY!!!!! After opening a dispute, he sends this!

Dear darby-s,

I would have NOT purchased this card had I been able to examine it in person.

Case around the edges is cracked all over, I have 200-cases none have this. You can see this in the scans, the whitening around the edges.
Appears there is pencil around his head.........not visible on scan
Appears there is pencil covered up lips w/ red pen..........not visible on scan
Back printing is drastically on front................somewhat visible but much worse in person
Image is double-exposure...............not visible

Hard to buy cards on-line............I took into account your feedback, the grading company and your RETURN policy.

Bottom line, I would have never pd anything for this card had I viewed it in person. I honored our contract and based on the above, want a return as it was stated. Thanks.

- hamr007
Old 03-01-2012, 08:04 PM

I told him to send it back and I will refund him, I wish he would have sent all of that first. He is blaming the wet sheet transfer as being doctored with. He should stick to the shiny stuff.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
I told him to send it back and I will refund him, I wish he would have sent all of that first. He is blaming the wet sheet transfer as being doctored with. He should stick to the shiny stuff.
The buyer is an idiot Dan!! Great looking card!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Ken McMillan

Must be a lot of snow back east because this guy is a flake!!! Nice Cobb!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:47 AM

I think the wet sheet is cool.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:04 AM

Default Can I return one too?

Wow. Can I return something to you too? I haven't actually bought anything but Im pretty sure if I had bought something I would be extremely unhappy with it.

In theory, if I bought a PSA card from you...see how the PSA serial number divided by the numerial grade dont add up to a prime number? That means the case has been totally tampered with. I want an imaginery refund. Lets skip paypal... just wire it to my off shore account. Thanks and have a nice day.

Last edited by okmaybent@aol.com; 03-02-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:31 AM
Steven

okmaybent:

You need to post more often..., lol
Old 03-02-2012, 05:58 AM
Richard L.

Dan, sorry to hear about this, you certainly attract your share of fruit loops. "Case around the edges is cracked all over, I have 200-cases none have this" He seems to be implying you've somehow slipped a lower grade card into that slab. Keeping the scanner lid opened or closed makes all the difference.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 03-02-2012, 06:47 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Ebay should have an idiot penalty/clause for individuals like this. Green Cobb Tolstoi with wet sheet transfer?!? If I had the $$ I'd be all over that card.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 03-02-2012, 08:25 AM

Dear God, he knows nothing about T206's or how they were printed does he? Pencil on the head? Red pen on lips? Double image? He does not deserve that card, Ohh and he get's one negative point against his man card while we're at it.

To quote my favorite movie, "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Old 03-02-2012, 09:37 AM

He only deals in new stuff, I think we will see that this was strictly a set up to attack my feedback.

I am accepting a return and paying his shipping back

Let's see if I get the same card back and if this was all a planned attack.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Dan, sorry to hear you have to deal with guys like this. Hope you get the proper card back safely at least.... interested in hearing how all this turns out.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:12 PM
J@son M1ller

I've heard you should open questionable items in front of post office staff so you have a witness? Don't know if it is true but thought I would mention it.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:02 PM

Great card! The "buyer" maybe needs to be watered twice a week?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:40 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Its a graded card, period. I think you are going way out of your way accomodating him. Nice card, I almost bid on it.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
I've heard you should open questionable items in front of post office staff so you have a witness? Don't know if it is true but thought I would mention it.
I would think that would only be applicable when you're looking for a witness to attest to the immediate appearance of an item when it concerns an insurance claim with the USPS. Otherwise even if the card appears tampered the post office employee is no expert on the subject to stand as witness if indeed he did tamper with the holder or card. His best insurance would be before and after photos. If the card is tampered with and damaged beyond the point that you might be able to prove happened only on his end, then you may have a claim to refer a case of fraud to eBay and the postal inspectors.

I doubt the card will be damaged or tampered with, the guy just sounds like an idiot. His description of damage wouldn't substantiate any swapping or harm he could do to the card. If anything his description helps any claim you make that the card was received in good condition.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:59 AM

Interesting posts guys, I truly appreciate all of the support and excellent suggestions. I will keep you posted, thanks Dan.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
I bought a 51 Mantle in EX, a 206 Cobb green and red port., and a Goudey Ruth from a guy on Ebay about 6 yrs back. The scans were good so I shot him an offer. He accepted and when I went to sign for the cards I opened the package in front of the postal worker and the cards were all reprints that had been made to look like the scans which was easy to tell they were not close. Paypal and Ebay sided with the seller since I had no pics of the cards and had mailed them right back. Now I was out cards and money. When I called Paypal back and explained to them I opened the package in front of the postal worker and mailed them back right away and they could call and ask him. Needless to say that was what saved me.

I am sure there is a policy in effect saying that you can't use witnesses in fraud cases now per Ebay