NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: Should I cut this '51 Bowman sheet into individual cards?
Yes! You own the sheet, do whatever you want with it. 5 7.69%
Heck NO! Are you out of your cotton picking mind! 58 89.23%
I don't care. Why in the world is this topic on the prewar side? 2 3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 AM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Default Sort of O/T: To Be or Not to Be

I purchased these two small 1951 Bowman uncut error sheets (blank backs) with the idea of cutting them into individual cards, keeping a couple of the cut cards, and selling the rest of the cards on eBay. Yet, now that I have them in hand, I'm starting to have second thoughts. I'm still leaning towards cutting them, but I want to throw this question out for the masses. Should I cut away or not (all applications must be submitted by this weekend)???

bb1.jpg
bb2.jpg

By the way, I'm assuming these two small sheets came from the batch that both Huggins and Scott and REA had in prior auctions (Thus, there alot of these error cards in the marketplace) :

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/.../2009/619.html

http://apr08.hugginsandscott.com/cgi...pl?itemid=7410

Lovely Day...
Old 02-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Barry Sloate

Iggy- you have to know cutting them up is a terrible idea. Please leave it as is, it's a beautiful sheet.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

UNCUT

Error looks more interesting this way. I'd frame one.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default blasphemy

Great looking sheet. In my (collector) opinion it would be blasphemy to cut it up.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:50 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I vote for:
"Yes! You own the sheet, do whatever you want with it."

Only because it is yours and you have the right to do with it as you please.

The only issue I do have is the motive of selling in the future. It has to be clear that they are hand cut from a sheet. Even if you disclose this, there is no guarantee the person buying from you won't flip it without disclosing this information. Eventually someone may try and get a TPG involved and they will say it is trimmed.

I am a strong believer of if it is yours you can do with it as you please within moral/legal limits, in this case not doing it with fraudulent intent.

EDIT to add: I wouldn't do it. I would frame them.

Last edited by bn2cardz; 02-29-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

It would look gorgeous framed. Please don't cut them up, or sell them to a board member. They look amazing. But, it is yours, you can do whatever you want.

Last edited by HOF Auto Rookies; 02-29-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:29 AM
T0NY @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Great looking sheet. In my (collector) opinion it would be blasphemy to cut it up.
DITTO!! Don't do it man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default No cut....

or you'll forever be associated with the sawdust from Shoeless Joe's bat.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:36 AM
John Harrell

Default Really nice sheet

I'd suggest sending it to me and that way you don't have to decide :-)
Seriously, don't cut it up, it's such a nice piece and would display beautifully.

John

Last edited by WWGjohn; 02-29-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 02-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Jeff

Save one, cut one.
Keep a few cards, sell a few cards.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 02-29-2012, 11:08 AM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default Looking at the auction listings...

I voted to keep 'em in sheets, but looking at the auction listings, your two "sheets" appear to have been cut down already.

Looks like the original had groupings that were 2 rows x 9 columns (call them A and B). Each grouping was paired with another grouping horizontally (2 rows x 19 columns) in which the left and right groups alternated:
AB
BA
AB
BA

I would still keep them together, but I wouldn't blame you for cutting off the far left column or one of the rows on one of your sheets.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:40 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

The masses have spoken and by a landslide. I had no idea that Net54ers could actually agree on something. Thanks for all those that responded. It was appreciated. I will nix the cutting of the sheet.

Oh well, I guess my daughter won't be getting that trampoline for her birthday..........................and how in the world am I going to convince my wife that the Net54 consensus was to frame both Bowman card sheets, remove a few pictures of the kids from the wall, and place the Bowman cards in its place......................."but honey, don't you get it; these are not just ordinary baseball cards, they are printer scrap baseball cards."

Lovely day...
Old 02-29-2012, 12:54 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyman View Post
The masses have spoken and by a landslide. I had no idea that Net54ers could actually agree on something. Thanks for all those that responded. It was appreciated. I will nix the cutting of the sheet.

Oh well, I guess my daughter won't be getting that trampoline for her birthday..........................and how in the world am I going to convince my wife that the Net54 consensus was to frame both Bowman card sheets, remove a few pictures of the kids from the wall, and place the Bowman cards in its place......................."but honey, don't you get it; these are not just ordinary baseball cards, they are printer scrap baseball cards."

Lovely day...
I am glad my wife agrees that I should display my stuff. She has even said it would be nice if we could get a bigger place so that I could have a full room for my baseball stuff, a room for our batman stuff (we are both huge batman nerds), and a room for my movie posters (or as she calls it a theater for my posters). She feels the children would just have to decide what room they want to sleep in.

Instead of moving pictures off the wall, tell her that you are willing to put them on the ceiling so that you can look at them while you are laying down.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:56 PM
octavio ranzola

do not cut those lovely cards pleeease,,,
Old 02-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Iggy, if it meant not getting your daughter the trampoline -- I'd cut the sheet.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Frank Wakefield

The only reason I can think of to suggest that yes, you should cut them up as mentioned, would be if you were going to give me one of the cards. I'll send you a stamped envelope, just let me know. Otherwise, keep 'em in tact. If it's a money thing, sell one and keep the other in tact.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Thanks for the sentiment, it is appreciated. She will get here trampoline, whether I cut, sell, or not. All these years I always thought you were one of the tough guys. Sort-of like the John Wayne of prewar cards.................I guess I will have to reassess my interpretation .

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Iggy, if it meant not getting your daughter the trampoline -- I'd cut the sheet.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Steve Birmingham

I'd had my eye on those but missed the ending. Glad someone here got them.

I wouldn't cut them. But I can't usually even cut old magazines for the ads, even the trashed ones usually get a reprieve.

Steve B