NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Default Suggestion...for Leon and the rest can chime in...

Posted By: Andrew Parks

I used to be involved with a baseball forum where the entire board was dedicated to baseball only. I was even named moderator at one point. Anyway, there was a place in the forum called "Baseball BBQ" where any of us could go and talk about anything we want to - politics, religion, work, music, whatever...

It was neat because we got to know each other outside of our interest in baseball. I wonder if this would be possible with this fourm. I have formed some friendships (sorry bcd) here and I enjoy talking to these guys about everything - not just cards.

If others have a problem when some of us like to "cut up", the "Vintage BBQ" portion of the forum will allow us to do that without upsetting those who are a bit more serious about the hobby.

What do the others think?

Old 06-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Are not to allow a lot of off topic stuff in the main body of the forum. That get's away from why it was started. As you can see I lot a lot of stuff go and hope others can appreciate my position on those issues. I don't have any problem with having a link (maybe even a major one at the top of the front page) for that kind of stuff....but then too I would have to moderate that and am not sure I want to go there? It's enough trying to deal with this focused forum. I am open to ideas...except for allowing a lot of off topic stuff here. And yes, I have made many friends from this board too..but when I just want to shoot the crap I email or pick up the phone....I probably speak with board members 20 times a week or more and email more than that...regards

Old 06-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

Leon --

How about separating the board into categories (USING THE FORMAT of this board: http://forum.signingshotline.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi

Perhaps, with categories like:

Grading issues
Rookie cards
ebay issues
cards of Cuban cards
cards of Jewish players
cards of Negro players

Just a thought,
Alan

Old 06-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

Does this board have a filter? I was wondering if I could enter "VAM" and all posts containing that word are whisked away from my sight. Sorry Brian, I'll read anything else you write but all this VAM stuff needs to go to the coin board.

Old 06-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Glen V

No catagories please. Especially not grading issues and Ebay issues - there's too much of that already. Let's just focus on vintage cards.

Old 06-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Glenn

I've never used the chatroom, but I always thought it was there for "BBQ" discussion.

Old 06-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

When I took over the board we had about a 100 post thread about how to operate the board (sectioning, what to be allowed etc..)....it's really not open for discussion at this time. Not trying to be mean, or get personal, but it ain't broken. I have had enough dealing with the VAM stuff too so let's do keep that down a little....I do what I feel is in the best interest of the board.......regards

Old 06-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

The chat area is great for off topic stuff - I go there more often than this board now, at least once a week. Most of my friends from the board seem to hang out there regularly.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: identify7

It may be useful to end some thread discussions by inviting the participants to continue their (personal attacks, for example) conversation in the chatroom; thereby hiding our dirty laundry.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

Okay. Apparently I am blind. I have never noticed the Chat room until some of you just brought it up in this thread.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: identify7

Me either Dan.

Edited to add: What? Is there some rule that you have to know what you are talking about to post here?

Old 06-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

mainly, I just get ignored when I post something far out in left field.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Thanks for responding, Leon. Just a thought~~~