NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Default The Stainman Does great work!

Posted By: dan mckee

If someone who can post my before and after pictures will email me, I would greatly appreciate it. They show severe gum stains and then removed perfectly. Dan.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert Klevens

types001.jpg

Old 03-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Nice... I like it.

Of course some folks think it blasphemy... guess you'll have to embed a microchip in it so all future owners will know what has happened.

I think it's great!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert {Bigb13}

I emailed him a picture of one of my cards with water damage and he said he could not remove it. Rob

Old 03-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

No problem here. I wash my car before selling it.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Red

Wouldn't that just be a wax stain as opposed to a gum stain.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dick towle

In response to emails I have received, water damage on a card is very dangerous to do, so I stopped this process. Many stains on the back of cards are caused by the gum juice that bleeds into the card. The process is to remove the " juice" without damage to the paper. The same process will work on wax also, but take much longer. Should the card grade higher yes, should the cards look better, should you tell somebody the wax was removed yes, they won't care because the mess is gone.

I am not trying to fool anybody, why, because there remains nothing on the card- nothing. The same with tape, the card will look a lot better without the tape on a card.

Painted T 205's this took over 5 years to research, but let the crooks beware, I can remove the paint on the card and leave the "real card showing". Many people cheated customers on a NM T 205- and many are in holders graded as Auth- very little value-

I hope I have answered some of the email question, thank you all again. DT

Old 03-31-2009, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Gum juice? I like that phrase Dick. Darn good thing you didn't typo, be careful. I am not sure if it is the glucose or what in the gum but I do remember as a kid chewing so much that it would hardly fit in my mouth and having some drip on my shirt and Mom screaming cause she had trouble getting the stain out. If i find those old t-shirts can you remove those stains for me too? thanks Dan.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

from manufacture. Either that or a little moisture causes the gum to start to break down and you get a stain. I remember opening packs with nearly every piece of gum slightly stuck to the cardboard when I was growing up in the Northeast. Not as much a problem with the packs I opened as a kid here in SoCal as I recall (I moved in 77).

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 03-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Saucier

Just had to show my version as well. Perhaps I should turn to the dark side and charge as well?...nah!

This and others can be found on my website under the "Aging and Toning" section.

wax_off.jpg

Kevin Saucier

------------------------------

www.AlteredCards.com - in-depth education on advanced card doctoring techniques & detection with detailed examples

Old 04-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Administrator

That is great work Kevin! So if I understand you correctly, I can send you all of my gum stained cards for removal for free? That is a great offer and I appreciate it. Also let it be noted that I wasn't charged for the card I posted here. Dan

Old 04-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

,,,who collected 1987 Topps cards, I used lighter fluid to remove wax stains. Sprayed liberally on the back, and then placed over light heat -- like a radiator -- and the wax evaporated. No trace of lighter fluid or wax afterwards. Neat little process. I haven't done it in 20 years...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visithttp://www.t206collector.com for Net54 T206 archive, signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!

Old 04-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Very cool! I will have to try this. My 33 Goudey Lajoie has a gum stain.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dick Towle

To all on lighter fluid, for the record please, lighter fluid can work- HOWEVER- when the card starts to dry, check out the card about a week- it should be very brittle and can snap like a credit card. Reason- L/F will remove all moisture from the card. Please handle lightly. Thanks