NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-06-2019, 09:30 PM

Default Need advice/ help with a few cards

Hello all, whereas this is my first post here, I have been around awhile on another forum (Blowout cards). I have heard there were very helpful folks here and I thought I'd see if I might could grab some knowledge!

So I need to give a bit of back story so you can understand where I'm going with this... About 2 years ago, a buddy and I were in the right place at the right time. A guy brought in an old collection of very random (atleast to me) vintage cards to my local card shop. These were not your typical cards to wonder into a store. Some were in decent shape while others (as seen below) not so much. We didn't have a clue of value on most because the stuff was just not readily available on-line. The guy gave out a price that the store owner was just not comfortable with. We asked if it would be ok if we negotiate. After the "go ahead" and a few google/ ebay searches we decided to take a chance on the number he was asking. He seemed very firm on his price and just needed some quick cash. Everything seemed legit and real... and thankfully PSA backed us up on all of it. I honestly don't remember the exact figure in the deal, but it turned out to be nice for my friend and I.

Fast forward 2 years and we are left with 6 cards. It has been a while since we have sold anything. Some of you may have seen these on ebay. (I actually just ended these just before posting as to not come across on my very first post as spamming my items). My intent is to see if anyone has a point of reference in value for any of these 6 cards. My question is, where can you go to get a realistic price for items like these? One in particular that I've had a really hard time finding ANYTHING on is the Beals Becker Piedmont Art Stamp.

Does anyone have an idea of value or what I should be asking on these last 6 cards? I need to move them soon but not sure I am comfortable just auctioning them away. ANY help, advice is so greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Scott

Old 11-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

I'll give it a shot of a few of them.

The Coupon I would say around $40-50, the Obak around $35-40. The T205 Wallace maybe $60ish. The Piedmont Art Stamp should go for a bit more as they are quite scarce and just don't show up very often. I'll let a collector of that set give an estimate on it though as I just don't know. The others I'm not sure of.

You should be able to get knowledgeable responses as mine are what I might ask for these and I have a tendency to ask low prices for some reason.

Best of luck with these.

Andy

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 11-06-2019, 10:35 PM
Derek Granger

Hi scott - Welcome.

I collect Piedmont Stamps. They are very rare, but condition does matter. I’d peg your Piedmont Stamp as a $100-$125 value, if that. I have some lesser condition stamps on our Buy-Sell-Trade section of Net54 and they haven’t moved. Feel free to email me at h2oya311@yahoo.com if you want to move your Becker at around that price.

For reference, here’s a link to my lesser condition Piedmont Stamps and to compare to your Becker:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=274052

Edited to add: sorry for the shameless plug.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)

Last edited by h2oya311; 11-07-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
I'll give it a shot of a few of them.

The Coupon I would say around $40-50, the Obak around $35-40. The T205 Wallace maybe $60ish. The Piedmont Art Stamp should go for a bit more as they are quite scarce and just don't show up very often. I'll let a collector of that set give an estimate on it though as I just don't know. The others I'm not sure of.

You should be able to get knowledgeable responses as mine are what I might ask for these and I have a tendency to ask low prices for some reason.

Best of luck with these.

Andy
Thanks Andy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Hi scott - Welcome.

I collect Piedmont Stamps. They are very rare, but condition does matter. I’d peg your Piedmont Stamp as a $100-$125 value, if that. I have some lesser condition stamps on our Buy-Sell-Trade section of Net54 and they haven’t moved. Feel free to email me at h2oya311@yahoo.com if you want to move your Becker at around that price.

For reference, here’s a link to my lesser condition Piedmont Stamps and to compare to your Becker:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=274052

Edited to add: sorry for the shameless plug.
Thank you very much! Email on the way.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:36 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Oldring

I see you had the Oldring listed for $69.99 OBO. That is right in the ballpark, and if I needed it for my set I would have paid the $69.99. Now, if it was the Phila. version, rather than Philadelphia, the price would jump up dramatically.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I see you had the Oldring listed for $69.99 OBO. That is right in the ballpark, and if I needed it for my set I would have paid the $69.99. Now, if it was the Phila. version, rather than Philadelphia, the price would jump up dramatically.

Rick
Thanks Rick, I appreciate it!

Does anyone know about that Carl Mays Hand-cut card in PSA 3 form?

My buddy had initially researched the pricing and listed them on our joint account. I recently significantly lowered that one and still no bites or offers. I've tried researching but I can't find anything quite like it. There are a few on there now, but not comparable imo.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Mays

I don't know how much they actually sell for, but I would guess the demand is low. The Krause Standard Catalog lists the Mays at $18 in VG condition. That sounds about right to me.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:12 PM
John Donovan

Just a quick thought on the 1935 Goudey 4 in 1, because I casually collect that set. That Earnshaw/Dykes/Sewell/Appling with 1 - I back in PSA 3 is about a $40.00 card. If it were my card I would probably list it with a $45.00 OBO, and if anyone offered over $35.00, I'd take it.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:37 PM

Are these for sale?

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2019, 01:09 PM

Thank you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayfromphilly View Post
Are these for sale?

I'm definitely open to moving them, yes. Only have 5 left (Piedmont Stamp has sold).
Old 11-08-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayfromphilly View Post
Are these for sale?

I think I'm doing something wrong. A couple of you have inquired about cards, but I can't seem to send PMs successfully. None of the ones I've tried sending are showing up in my "sent items".
Old 11-11-2019, 05:22 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottagibson View Post
I think I'm doing something wrong. A couple of you have inquired about cards, but I can't seem to send PMs successfully. None of the ones I've tried sending are showing up in my "sent items".
You can always PM me for help if you need it. Good luck....
Old 11-12-2019, 01:05 PM

To get your sent PMs to show up in your Sent Items folder you need to set that option. I think you go to your User Control Panel (User CP) and under the Edit Options tab somewhere you can tell it to save sent PMs. I had the same problem.