NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Cooperstown HOF card Show July 20-21....do check-out my "green" T206 sub-sets

This vintage BB card show is celebrating it's 33rd anniversary. The show features quality dealers with pre-war (1887 - 1942) Sports
and Non-Sports cards (graded & non-graded). Also, graded & non-graded . post-war cards (1947 - 1987).
And, for you autograph guys, Jimmy Spence will usually set-up.

Of course, you will find Cooperstown very crowded. However, you have a chance to meet many of Baseball's HOFers while walking on
Main St. of Cooperstown. It's a tremendous experience talking BB with the HOFers and many past stars of the game that are in town.

The show is at the VFW building on Main Street (diagonally across the street from the HOF).

Admission is FREE......Show times are:

10 AM - 7 PM....FRIDAY 7/20

10 AM - 7 PM....SAT. 7/21

Saturday nite Auction to be announced.

I will be set-up with my usual variety of cards (graded & non-graded) ranging from 1888 -- 1973.....and, of course lots of T206's.

I'm posting this early for those who will be staying in the area on HOF weekend, since lodging is at a premium.....book early.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 07-16-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:36 AM
M@rk Cl@ry

I'll be up for my 24th consecutive HOF induction weekend...can't wait!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:26 AM
George Gogol

Ted and Mark,
I will be attending the weekend, to support my boyhood, baseball idol, Barry
Larkin. 11 hr. drive from MI. The family and I are stopping in Niagara for 4 nights and then onto Shadow Brook Campground in Cooperstown. I can't wait to share the weekend with my wife and three sons. See you boys there!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Although we have a summer home there, I usually avoid the crowds of induction weekend but will be there this year with my friend who is a long suffering Cubs fan and has to be there for Ron Santo. Look forward to meeting some of you there. With all the press he's been getting, wondering if Reggie will show up.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Sc.ott Ver.renti

Reggie will definitely be there. He wont pass up a chance to hawk his autograph over a 3 day period.

I used to love that show in the mid to late 80s. Bought my prized baseball card in 1988 as a 10 year old there: a 1968 Mickey Mantle that I had saved up for forever (at least for a 10 year old). Still have it, and would never let it go.

I also remember them having some of the less star power HOFers signing back in the late 80s/early 90s-specifically remember getting Barlick and Dandridge there. Good memories.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Joe Drouillard

Default I plan to be there

Cooperstown on induction weekend is one of my highlights of the year. I have not missed in the last ten years. I plan to be there Thursday through Monday. If you go be sure to visit Ted and the other vendors at the card show. Lots of fun.

Best regards,

Joe
Old 07-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northviewcats View Post
Cooperstown on induction weekend is one of my highlights of the year. I have not missed in the last ten years. I plan to be there Thursday through Monday. If you go be sure to visit Ted and the other vendors at the card show. Lots of fun.

Best regards,

Joe
Looking forward to seeing you Joe. Every year we have a great time talkin' BB and wheeling-n-dealing BB cards.

Thanks for the kind words.

Best regards,

TED Z
Old 07-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Cooperstown HOF weekend BB card Show July 20-21....hope to see you there

This vintage BB card show is celebrating it's 33rd anniversary. The show features quality dealers with pre-war (1887 - 1942) Sports
and Non-Sports cards (graded & non-graded). Also, graded & non-graded post-war Sports cards (1947 - 1987).
And, for you autograph guys, Jimmy Spence will usually set-up.

Of course, you will find Cooperstown very crowded. However, you have a chance to meet many of Baseball's HOFers while walking on
Main St. of Cooperstown. It's a tremendous experience talking BB with the HOFers and many past stars of the game that are in town.

The show is at the VFW building on Main Street (diagonally across the street from the HOF).

Admission is FREE......Show times are:

10 AM - 7 PM....FRIDAY 7/20

10 AM - 7 PM....SAT. 7/21

Saturday nite Auction to be announced.

I will be set-up with my usual variety of cards (graded & non-graded) ranging from 1888 -- 1973.....and, of course lots of T206's.

I'm posting this early for anyone staying in the area on HOF weekend, since lodging is at a premium. Here's a link to the area's lodging:

http://www.cooperstownchamber.org/se...tay/hotels.htm

TED Z
Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Cooperstown HOF card Show July 20-21....do check-out my "green" T206 sub-sets

For you guys treking up to Cooperstown this weekend, drop in to check-out this show. You will find it reminiscent of those great ole shows from
back in the 1980's.

The cards you see at the dealer tables are for sale or trade. Unlike many of today's shows where choice vintage cards are like "pheasants under
glass"....only for viewing (and not for sale)....since they are designated for a future auction.

You'll find some friendly dealers selling vintage stuff at reasonable prices. And, usually following the show Saturday evening Don holds an auction.

Furthermore, for anyone interested, I will have my "GREEN" sub-sets of T206's on display......

All - SOVEREIGN set (408 cards complete)

Approaching complete....an AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 sub-set (56 of 75 cards)

Weather forecast looks fine for Friday & Sat in the Cooperstown area.....looking forward to seeing some of you.

T-Rex TED

Last edited by tedzan; 07-17-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Cooperstown HOF Show July 20-21....do check-out my "green" T206 sub-sets

Also, looking forward to seeing Brian Dwyer at the show. Brian has been a regular attendee for quite a number of years. Brian and Joe D. are really great guys
to share hobby stories with. So, it should be interesting to see if any other Net54er's will be attending the show.

TED Z
Old 07-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Drew S.

Hey Ted, I'll stop by to check out the show as well. My buddy George usually sets up there and I haven't seen him in a while either. Best wishes and safe travels. Drew

Last edited by Drew6; 07-19-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Ted Zanidakis

The 33rd annual HOF weekend BB card show at the VFW building in downtown Cooperstown was again very successful. All 20 dealers
that regularly set up were quite happy with their sales. After all, you cannot beat this show's customer-to-dealer ratio (approx. 1200
attendees). And, Jimmy Spence & Co. were constantly busy with autograph collectors.

Six Net54 members visited with me and we had a great time talking and wheeling-n-dealing BB cards.

The highlite of the w/e for my wife, Charlotte, was taking photos of many HOFer's. Especially Yogi Berra, while he was "holding court"
with many fans that had gathered around him. Also, taking a photo of the ever-friendly Ernie Banks.

TED Z
Old 07-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Brock

Ted,
What were the items in the auction, did you stay for it?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Brock

We did not stay for the auction this time. Mostly, what I saw in the auction were post-war cards.

We had to leave since we had a 7PM reservation at a new restaurant in town. We were situated
at a table next to Lou Piniella and Dave Parker.....neat guys.

Both Dave and Lou (age 68) look they are in great shape, and could still be playing in the game.

TED Z
Old 07-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Barry Sloate

Hi Ted- glad you had a good show....hope Charlotte enjoyed the weekend too.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Barry

Charlotte had been to Cooperstown before, but not on HOF weekend. Between meeting Yogi, Ernie Banks, Lou Piniella, Dave Parker, Steve Carlton, etc.,
and visiting several museums, and Antique shops, and taking the boat tour of Lake Otsego....she really enjoyed the weekend while I was doing the show.

Next year, you and Judy should join us up there.

Best regards,

TED Z