NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-13-2004, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Default I need some competition

Posted By: jay behrens

The first half of ESPN's Baseball Chellenge just ended and I buried the competion. I need some need blood to challenge me this half. Nick made a valiant effort, but I think Vegas bookies are giving him bad advice. My brother, well, he thinks he knows baseball and Jon Canfield tried give me a run the last few weeks.

It's free, so you have nothing to lose but some sleep.

http://games.espn.go.com/bbc/frontpage>

Jay

Old 07-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I am going to continue the traveling trophy for the NCAA basketball league, Jay this one is in your court. The league is a fun paastime and does not take up alot of time, so join up.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: effe

In the immortal words of Arnold, "I'll be back". My stategy of "buy and hold" at the start of the contest didn't really work. But if not for a couple of really poor weeks in the middle of the contest, I might have gave you a run for your money.
C.C.B.C.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian (Shammus)

How did you guys end up in the first half? I started horribly in the first half but got a little better. My final line was in the 69.2 percentile, ranked 36560 with 3409 points.

Also, is there a group we're all a part of that I can add myself to?

Old 07-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Net 54 Baseball Challange is the name of the league. Make sure you misspell challenge with the "a" instead of an "e".

Old 07-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Administrator

and the password is "t207" no quotes.

We all missed the first 5 or 6 days of the season but I still managed to finish in the 98.6 percentile and was in the top 50 twice on the weekly, with 13th being my best finish for the week.

Jay

Old 07-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Administrator

a bump back to the top. Several of you forgot to reset your rosters for the 2nd half and got zero points the first day.

We encourage everyone to join the league for a little friendly competition and smack talking. The one thing I've learned from the first half is, don't use Nick's Vegas bookie. Looks like he is getting bum info

Here is the link and info again:

http://games.espn.go.com/bbc/frontpage>

group: Net 54 Baseball Challange (yes, it's misspelled)

password: T207

Jay

Old 07-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

I joined the group this afternoon. The password is case sensitive. It is actually T207....t207 didn't work for me. Should be fun...hoping to at least not finish last!

Old 07-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: nickinvegas

I will make a comeback, I made some bad choices in players.But, in the end I will win it all!

Nick

Old 10-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Old 10-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Wish I had seen this thread earlier, would have given you all competition you needed - my scores for each half (and I only finished second in my league):

1st - 4779
2nd - 4226

http://games.espn.go.com/bbc/group?entryIDFrom=6588&groupID=1216

Old 10-04-2004, 01:11 AM
Administrator

We had fun. I was ina groove the first half, and got into a funk half way thru the 2nd half, missing many double headers Well, there is always next year Congrats Jeff

Jay

I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.

Old 10-04-2004, 05:43 AM
Administrator

Jay,
Thanks, I'm already going through withdrawl this morning. This game was really addicting. (oh, and by the way, it's John)
Josh-
Wow, those are some numbers! Even with our late start the first half those would probably have been good enough for first. I'm not sure I'm die hard enough to get into a fantasy league, so this was a good compromise.