NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-17-2023, 06:02 PM
Tom Re.bert

Default Slabbed 1887 WS Kimball Baseball Sheet A42

PSA Slab fit and worked out beautifully making my antique piece of Art pop! If you have one and wish to encapsulate I've paved the way for you--

Last edited by Directly; 01-27-2024 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-18-2023, 11:22 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Stunning!

So nice Tom!

Congrats!
Old 06-19-2023, 09:24 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

wow wow

colors really pop

NICE

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 06-19-2023, 10:40 AM
Jimmy

Wow! great item - enjoy

Jimmy
Old 06-23-2023, 02:46 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Previously you offered this album for sale and stated that PSA would slab AND GRADE the page. You also stated that the obvious high grade your page would get would increase the value by 6 to 7 X. I see that your statment was incorrect. Among a number of incorrect statments. The one that concerns me most personally was you stating that the Lebron James signed card you sold me was real. It was not and PSA agreed with me. And unlike most reputable sellers of autographs I recived a refund from you but you did not refund the cost of finding out you sold me a forgerie. An expensive lessen to find out another person integrity.
Old 06-24-2023, 09:07 AM
CoreyRS.hanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
Previously you offered this album for sale and stated that PSA would slab AND GRADE the page. You also stated that the obvious high grade your page would get would increase the value by 6 to 7 X. I see that your statment was incorrect. Among a number of incorrect statments. The one that concerns me most personally was you stating that the Lebron James signed card you sold me was real. It was not and PSA agreed with me. And unlike most reputable sellers of autographs I recived a refund from you but you did not refund the cost of finding out you sold me a forgerie. An expensive lessen to find out another person integrity.
What this highlights to me is that for items that are not eligible to receive numerical grades (which I assume is the case with this Kimball album page), grading companies should come up with a grade other than an "A". "A" grades have a stigma to them, because they are typically given to items that are either altered or suspected of being compromised in other significant ways. But for items where that is not the case, as with this Kimball page, an "A" grade gives one the false impression something important is wrong with the item.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:40 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
What this highlights to me is that for items that are not eligible to receive numerical grades (which I assume is the case with this Kimball album page), grading companies should come up with a grade other than an "A". "A" grades have a stigma to them, because they are typically given to items that are either altered or suspected of being compromised in other significant ways. But for items where that is not the case, as with this Kimball page, an "A" grade gives one the false impression something important is wrong with the item.
It is altered, it was removed from the book it was part of.

Sadly, the entire book including the ribbon used as a binding was in the framed piece this is from. So the book could have easily been reassembled.

But ... Grading.... :-(
Old 06-26-2023, 05:01 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Personally, if I collected this stuff, I would preferred it in the frame it was in vs the slab. The framing was very nice from the photo you showed on the card side. Much more appealing, Imo than a slab.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 06-27-2023, 01:06 AM
Tom Re.bert

[QUOTE=Lordstan; Personally, if I collected this stuff, I would preferred it in the frame it was in vs the slab. The framing was very nice from the photo you showed on the card side. Much more appealing, Imo than a slab.

I'm not going to agree or disagree, but the newer generation of collectors believe if not slabbed there something wrong with it too---catch 22. I will keep with the frame with the page for the next owner for their preference.

Last edited by Directly; 06-27-2023 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-27-2023, 02:14 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
CSG does that. I had two cards come back graded "AA" (Authentic Altered) and one come back graded "AU" (Authentic; it was a handcut card cut a little too close).

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 06-30-2023, 04:16 PM
Jonathan Sterling

For those that have been following the Thread on this piece on the main board I commented on the metal sign thread by the same OP Tom Rebert or Directly here on Net54. There are 2 other threads where Directly's comments don't pait a flatering picture. The first awhile back where he posts that he has sold all of his 1969 Football rack packs. The second more recent where he states that he sent some 1969 racks to TX to have mold cleaned of of them. Again as long as these things are disclosed not a big issue.( Although we all know that poorly stored unopened can absolutely cause condition issues) but if anyone here purchased any of those Racks please let us know the level the mold on the racks was disclosed.
Old 07-03-2023, 05:06 PM
Tom Re.bert

Please note the owners sent the 50 or so FB Racks Packs to Memphis not Texas as BabyfanNY claims for a professional dry freeze process which they did a excellent job. If BabyfanNY cant get that little fact straight on this, we sure cant believe anything else he makes up----- Sorry I wasn't and still wont pay
you $3.00 return postage for the item, it wasn't in the deal------(Important note--I didn't sell any football Racks packs on this site, sold out on eBay Anyone else selling, bought them there! )

Last edited by Directly; 07-05-2023 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-05-2023, 03:32 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Thomas Rebert sold a fake Lebron James Autographed card here on Net54

You see you cant say things like I made stuff up without pointing out what you think I made up.

I said you Thomas Rebert sold a fake Lebron James Autographed card on Net54. I posted your listing and a picture of the card with the Fake autograph. Nothing made up just facts.

You posted that you had some 1969 Topps Football racks that you sent out to a professional to have Mold removed. Sorry if I got the state your Mold Freeze Dryer lives in wrong. I simply asked if it was disclosed to the buyers the original state of the racks and the work done to restore them. For 99% of Collectors here I wouldn't have to ask the question. Since you sold them on Ebay anyone with Worthpoint can look the sales up and find out the answer. No problem at all with freeze drying a Rack pack to remove Mold....As long as it is disclosed when you sell it. Again just facts nothing made up..
Just a warning to the community here how you do business. I not here to judge so I dont do things like call you names like Scumbag or Forger or thief. I just keep it to the facts.
Old 07-05-2023, 08:33 PM
Tom Re.bert

A post from another member --Quote Sounds familiar. Last year I sent in three signed cards to PSA that I obtained myself at Spring Training about 25 years ago...all came back with questionable authenticity. There's not much that can be done at that point.it's your word against theirs. Waste of money indeed. another member submitted a Sparky Anderson he got in person PSA said questionable--

Your a idiot --just a warning to the readers, this guy is nuts--who said it was fake--who are you King Expert ?--Net 54 would be much better off without you!

This guy would buy the Brooklyn bridge for 100.00, then bitch because couldn't get a clear land title deed--this guy isn't a good asset here! --Why not just buy a Lebron on eBay--the collector that owns the card now, doesn't have a problem. TPG are a opinion--go get a booster Jab!

Wish I had a hundred more 1969 football Rack packs--for the readers here is a pack we opened to check the condition, they were sweet and gradable--and if you would have bought one, you would complain you only got 8 and 9's- why not get another hobby and bitch to them?

Last edited by Directly; 01-27-2024 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:03 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directly View Post
A post from another member --Quote Sounds familiar. Last year I sent in three signed cards to PSA that I obtained myself at Spring Training about 25 years ago...all came back with questionable authenticity. There's not much that can be done at that point.it's your word against theirs. Waste of money indeed. another member submitted a Sparky Anderson he got in person PSA said questionable--

Your a idiot --just a warning to the readers, this guy is nuts--who said it was fake--you King Expert the 2nd?--Net 54 would be much better off without you!

This guy would buy the Brooklyn bridge for 100.00, then bitch because couldn't get a clear land title deed--this guy isn't a good asset here! --Why not just buy a Lebron on eBay--the collector that owns the card now, doesn't have a problem. TPG are a opinion--go get a booster Jab!

Wish I had a hundred more 1969 football Rack packs
Well now the other Shoe drops. " The Collector that owns the card now doesn't have a problem" So you sold a card that was returned to you as having failed PSA and when I tried to give you benifit of a doubt I told you I showed the auto to 2 Modern Basketball collectors who both instantly said No Good, And you sold the card again.....
After reading that I could not feel better about my decision to post warnings about you here on Net54.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:20 PM
Tom Re.bert

Your still a idiot--wish i hadn't returned your FULL BUYING PRICE of 100.00-- your greed and 100.00 investment didn't work out- sorry King Expert I am not going to refund the 3.00 return shipping it wasn't in the deal (-:

Last edited by Directly; 07-05-2023 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-05-2023, 10:06 PM
Jonathan Sterling

C'mon you cant post "Your a Idiot" then next post You still a Idiot" without expecting me laugh my lungs out!
But they go great with the " go get a Booster Jab".
But your lack of Education is of little concern. Your lack of ethics on the other hand is a problem. And the fact you argue it was only a $100 ( not really it was more $145, I just checked) and if it was $1500 then it would be a big deal is completely off the mark. Selling fake autographs is not nice. Selling the same fake twice is really not nice. Doesn't matter $1 or $10,000 fraud is fraud. Selling unopened material that was stored so poorly that Mold developed is something any honest seller would disclose. The photo you show of the open rack? Question mark is because it was supposed to have 36 cards but you have 38 next to rack. Clearly shows many cards with significant bends. I very much doubt the majority of those cards are 8's and 9's. But all you had to do was be honest upfront and none of it comes back to you. When you have an autograph that you guarantee is good that you didn't get in person maybe pay an honest dealer for an Opinion. Nowhere in your rants are listed the options of any TPG or even any reputable autograph dealer or collector saying the autograph is good. It is much easier to say no one gets it right every time. Ok I agree now find one reputable TPG that will authenticate that Lebron auto. ....oh you cannot....because it is a fake.....That you Tom Rebert sold on Net54 and apparently someplace else as well.
Old 07-05-2023, 11:53 PM
Tom Re.bert

Below is a exact copy of my email--hope this helps our readers understand I was very clear in my terms !----again I'm not going to pay the 3.00 return postage fee!--it would be good if you would leave Net54.

P/S Please Note: I can only guarantee a full refund your purchase price of 145.00 if not satisfied upon receiving the card back --if that's not agreeable I will refund your145.00 before I ship the Lebron card-- let me know before I ship the card--thanks again!
Old 07-06-2023, 07:03 AM
Jonathan Sterling

I have received similar emails from Net54 over the past 9 years. The one key difference is when I submitted them for authentication they all came back as real. But yours did not. And as I mentioned I showed it to a couple Modern basketball guys who also said NG. I offered you the opportunity to provide independent proof that the signature is good. But thus far you have not provided any. Probably more difficult since you stated you sold the card AGAIN!!.
You keep saying I am not an asset. You go so far as to say I should leave Net54. But without guys like me. Guys like you would continue to sell fakes.
Old 07-06-2023, 07:32 AM
Tom Re.bert

Below is a exact copy of my email--hope this helps our readers understand I was very clear in my terms !----again I'm not going to pay the 3.00 return postage fee!--it would be good if you would leave Net54.

P/S Please Note: I can only guarantee a full refund your purchase price of 145.00 if not satisfied upon receiving the card back --if that's not agreeable I will refund your145.00 before I ship the Lebron card-- let me know before I ship the card--thanks again!
Old 07-06-2023, 09:04 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Tom Rebert sold a fake Lebron James auto on Net54.

Did I use to many big words? Like I said above
I recived many similar emails from other Sellers over the past 9 years. The Key differance. ( this means the most important difference) is your card had a forged auto. Forgery means that Lebron James did not sign it. All the other transactions here on Net54 went smoothly except with you. You sold a fake auto.
I offered you the opportunity to post independent proof that the autograph is good. You so far have not.
In fact despite not having any independent proof the signature is good you sold the card again!
I have no problem continuing to post about how you sold a forgery here on Net54. In fact now that you have admitted selling the card a second time I will expand my scope and share this information on other forums where everyone appreciates when undesirable sellers are pointed out.
My hope is eventually the person who purchased your forgery the second time will hear this news. And hopefully get their money back.

Last edited by bigfanNY; 07-06-2023 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:49 AM
Tom Re.bert

Last edited by Directly; 07-06-2023 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:54 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Tom Rebert sold a fake Lebron James Autograph here on Net54

Below is the exact Email I sent:

Payment sent.
Just to be clear there is no coa but you guarantee that the signature is authentic..correct?
Thanks
Jonathan

Why dont you post the Guarentee you gave the second time you sold this Same Card?
Now that would make for interesting reading.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:31 AM
Tom Re.bert

Below is a exact copy of my email to his above question--hope this helps our readers understand I was very clear in my terms !----again I'm not going to pay the 3.00 return postage fee!--it would be good if you would leave Net54.

Last edited by Directly; 07-07-2023 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2023, 05:40 PM
Tom Re.bert

Quote:
Below is the exact Email I sent:

Payment sent.
Just to be clear there is no coa but you guarantee that the signature is authentic..correct?
Thanks
Jonathan

Why dont you post the Guarentee you gave the second time you sold this Same Card?
Now that would make for interesting reading.
Below is a exact copy of my email to his above question--hope this helps our readers understand I was very clear in my terms !----again I'm not going to pay the 3.00 return postage fee!--it would be good if you would leave Net54.

Old 07-07-2023, 06:07 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Tom Rebert sold a forged autograph of Lebron James Here on net54

Thank you again for replying. It gives me another opportunity to point out that the three items ( 2 you offered for sale here on Net54) fall into 3 categories.

The Fake - The Metal Sign that you knew was fake but traded it for a Comic book.
The Moldy - 1969 Topps Football Racks that you had Mold removed But did not disclose that when selling.
And The Forged. - Lebron James signature on a card. That After I returned it stating it had not passed TPG you Sold it again. STILL WAITING FOR THE GUARANTY STATMENT YOU GAVE TO THE SECOND BUYER OF THE FORGED SIGNATURE.

If anyone is in the market for any sports Memorabilia in those three Categories Fake , Moldy , Forged. Please see Tom, I am he will be happy to inject a little sunshine to your life.

Last edited by bigfanNY; 07-07-2023 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-07-2023, 07:22 PM
Tom Re.bert

Default This guy isn't good for Net54

Several buyers bought multiple's fb racks as I listed them in groups--again you don't know what your talking about as usual-you didn't buy any.

The Lebron I traded to a advanced autograph collector, he compared with others, although most Lebron autos look different--he allowed me $5,000 in trade-- now go change your diapers--LOL

I still believe Net54 would be much better off without you!--

Last edited by Directly; 07-07-2023 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-07-2023, 10:39 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Wow....Just Wow... what an awesome, amazing,incredible story. Let me see if I have this stright
1- You sold me a Lebron James card with a Forged signature.
2- I submit it the PSA and they fail it.
3- I show it to a couple guys who deal in Lebron Signatures and they both say No Good in a heartbeat.
4- I contact you and say it failed authentication..you say I am not surprised.
5- I send the card back to you. It takes awhile but eventually I get my original purchase price of $145 back.
6- Then, You Tom Rebert then trade this same card, to an Advanced Autograph Collector. Who says it Doesn't look like Lebrons signature but I will give You FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS IN TRADE FOR IT.

That is such an incredible and of course 100% believable story. Why wouldn't an Advanced Lebron Collector pay you such an incredibly large amout over market value for a signature that he says doesn't match other known examples. He could go on Ebay right now and have his choice of more than 15 Differant Upper Deck pack issued Autographed cards graded by Beckett or PSA for between Two and Three Thousand Dollars. But it makes perfect sense he would overpay by Thousands of dollars for a signature he told you did not match other signatures, with no certification, it happens all the time.
I know your name is Tom Rebert but are you Tom Tom the Pipers son? Related in any way to Jack and the beanstalk? Have an uncle named Gandolf?

If your story were true I would bet the fires in a certin Missouri Trailor park would burn late into the night after you closed that deal. I know you said right here on Net54 that you have never had to steal to make a living but it sure sounds like a lucrative hobby. If your story was true.
But as I said in the begining it is a great story. A story I am going to take great pleasure in telling over and over again. Not just here but in other places were sports collectors gather to share tales of charlatans, ne'er do wells and the odd Scum bag.
Old 07-08-2023, 12:13 AM
Tom Re.bert

I returned your purchase price after it took a month to get a card back- Yep--He traded with $5,000 in artifacts --and I suppose for the same reason you didn't buy one on eBay?
Okay why didn't you buy one on eBay, pretty obvious you don't have the money?--some people don't plan to fail, they just failed to plan--sorry!

Last edited by Directly; 07-08-2023 at 12:15 AM.
Old 07-08-2023, 10:05 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Artifacts? You mean that like Indiana Jones Traded you Artifacts for your forged Lebron Jones card that he himself noted it did not look like his signature? Wow the Story just keeps getting better. Could you post some pictures of these Artifacts? So I held in my hand what I thought was a worthless piece of trash. That a TPG and 2 other dealers said was a worthless piece of trash was in fact some sort of Clue that was going to leed Indy to one of Mankind's great treasures!
Well I for one will Forever hold the Name of Tom Rebert in a Special place. How many folks could take a card that was returned to them as a fake and flip it for Five Thousand Dollars in Artifacts. Especially after the advanced Autograph Collector / and eminent Archaeologist stated it did not match Lebron James Signature. Did you use some sort of spell to force him into turning over these Artifacts? What other intrigue have you been up to down there in Missouri? Come on keep the stories coming.

Last edited by bigfanNY; 07-08-2023 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-08-2023, 04:55 PM
Tom Re.bert

Default Little Johnsons Claims are false !

After reviewing Little Johnsons Posts.

!) Little Johnson claims at 14 still diaper clad crawled to his first card show and picked up several Cobb, Ruth and Gehrig cards? How in the world can this be true having no money?--think about it!

2) Little Johnson claims he sold hundreds of autos with COA, How in the world can this be true, Little Johnson cant afford to buy any.--think about it!
Yep Little Johnsons Diapers are in knots, he cant afford to buy anything

What I see here is Little Johnson is a very jealous and unhappy Want-A-Be--

I will not respond anymore under this heading if you must continue your ranting garbage do so under the other Watercooler Talk- Off Topics heading.
Little Johnson doesn't show any respect for bumping in this category to fellow collectors-- think about it!

Last edited by Directly; 07-08-2023 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-08-2023, 09:06 PM
Jonathan Sterling

There are a number of collectors on this board that I have known since the mid 1970's. I did not say I bought several cards at my first show I bought One card an E-95 Cobb, from Paul Gallagher. He gave me a postcard that got me Twenty five cents off Admission to his show later that year.
I have been buying and selling here on Net54 for 10 years. Like the vast majority of collectors here I have never sold a fake signature and until You Tom Rebert came along and sold me one I had not purchased a fake here on Net54. If I thought for 1 second that it was an honest mistake I would have let it go. Chalked it up to cost of doing business. In fact more than that I take some blame, I should have researched the signature asked for help. But I was lazy after so many smooth transactions here I did not fully vet you or your fake signature. But I watched your posts and a Clear pattern of shady business appeared. And I knew if I said nothing it would continue. Now I have No control over your decision to act Shady in the future but if I chose to do nothing then I would be helping you sell your fakes. So I do my part. Feel free to continue your insults it is part of the cost of my not doing my homework before doing business with you.
As for wasting other collectors time by bumping this post. It is never a waste of time calling out unethical sellers. It is not fun ( well responding to a couple of your more outlandish posts was a little fun) . It is time consuming. I 100% expect insults of all flavors sent my way. That is the price of calling folks like you out. But in the end it is worth it if I can help other collectors to see sellers like you. To avoid at all costs the price they will ultimately pay for dealing with you.

PS I was 11 years old In jan 1973 I turned 12 in Feb.

Last edited by bigfanNY; 07-08-2023 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-08-2023, 09:37 PM
Tom Re.bert

Default Moved to the WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Moved the WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics--Ill get my popcorn ready!--not trying to be vendictive, you did lose $3.00-

Last edited by Directly; 07-08-2023 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-09-2023, 09:49 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Tom Rebert sold a fake Lebron James auto on Net54

Lol Pretty close to 100% of unethical sellers who say " I am done ...I am not posting to this thread any more
ever again ...end up posting. They cannot help themselves. I am sure you would like this moved. But thats not how this works.

At this point this thread still has wheels. I for one would like to see the guarantee you wrote when you traded the card you knew was N/G. And please. please post the FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS worth of Artifacts. ( I cannot help but laugh every time type Artifacts ). Readers want to know. I want to know.

Is the popcorn you are eating left over from the latest Indiana Jones movie. Or just a bag you or one of your Rat buddies found in your lair? ...so many questions so little time. And watch that hits counter it keeps going up as more and more folks tune in.
Old 07-10-2023, 12:46 PM
edward

Default Psa

I don't know anything about the card you're talking about, but numerous collectors have posted on here about PSA failing cards that they saw signed themselves. PSA is not perfect, and seems to be rejecting a lot of good autographs lately.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:16 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Ed
Of course PSA is not perfect. I would not even have returned the card based on that alone. I gave the seller every benifit of a doubt. After It was failed I showed it to two collector / Dealers who trade in Lebron and other high end Basketball Autographed cards. Both rejected it rather quickly and one took the time to show me a few things to look at when buying a Lebron Auto. Knowing what I know now I would not buy that card today. Tom Rebert says that even the "Advanced" autograph collector that he traded it to said it did not match up with known examples.
Given that it was failed by 3 sources that all have handled Lebron Auto's before. I asked the seller to provide one independent opinion that the signature was good. You saw his response.

Last edited by bigfanNY; 07-10-2023 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-11-2023, 05:22 AM
Tom Re.bert

Default Good morning--Another Beautiful Day!

Okay Sunshine , If of any interest please check check JSA Authentication --X99060 what do you see.

P/S Any ideal which one of these three Lebron signature shown are authentic please stand up!

Last edited by Directly; 01-27-2024 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-11-2023, 06:20 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directly View Post
Okay Sunshine , If of any interest please check check JSA Authentication --X99060 what do you see.

P/S Any ideal which one of these three Lebron signature shown are authentic please stand up!
I see the same thing anyone who looks up the cert you provided a Ken Boyer
Anymore smoke and Mirrors??
Old 07-11-2023, 06:36 AM
Tom Re.bert

Quote:
I see the same thing anyone who looks up the cert you provided a Ken Boyer
Anymore smoke and Mirrors??
Correct--anyone have a clue why I provided this as evidence?
Old 07-11-2023, 06:59 AM
Jonathan Sterling

To waste everyone's time? By making a point that I already conceded that PSA can make mistakes and opinions vary on many autographs?
Old 07-11-2023, 07:03 AM
Jonathan Sterling

As for the 3 examples you posted why didn't you post the signature you sold? Well let me help you with that
This is the signature that Tom Rebert sold as being Lebron James.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230711_083610_Chrome.jpg (58.1 KB, 102 views)
Old 07-11-2023, 07:37 AM
Tom Re.bert

Quote:
As for the 3 examples you posted why didn't you post the signature you sold? Well let me help you with that
This is the signature that Tom Rebert sold as being Lebron James.

Again--opinions are like azz holes everyone has one---I am not a expert on autographs, COA's can only warrant a refund of the purchase price--which I did upon receipt of the card--

Again Sunshine do you have any clue why I showed the Boyer as evidence ?

Last edited by Directly; 07-11-2023 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-11-2023, 09:05 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Quote:
To waste everyone's time? By making a point that I already conceded that PSA can make mistakes and opinions vary on many autographs?
This was my answer to your Ken Boyer Question... you keep using the word evidence. But Eveyone understands it is a weak argument to say that PSA makes mistakes. When I post an autograph for sale without a cert ( and I have sold auto's here without certs) I make sure to vet the signature. Blown up next to real examples it is easy to see this is a forgery. Drawn slow, stright line that should be curved, hesitation. All these things were pointed out to me. I said Before I was lazy. I should have vetted the auto before I bought. All I have ever said was

1. Tom Rebert sold a fake Lebron Auto here on Net54
2. Before Doing business with you folks should look at your posts. And be careful.
3. You keep saying that I only lost $3 in postage but I sent it back in a Priority envelope which is $9.95. You said multiple times the card only cost $100 when it fact was $145. And again not the amount of Money. It is the way you do business. Not vetting auto's, reselling auto's returned to you as no good Again without vetting. Only one type of seller dose that...

Just the facts..
Old 07-11-2023, 10:25 AM
Tom Re.bert

Sunshine is correct! One TPG "OPINION" Authenticated , the other TPG "OPINION" did not Authentic. Sunshine Life isn't fair, you got your 100.00 refunded, but not the $3.00 shipping fee as in my terms.
I traded the LeBron for $5,000 in artifacts.( probably wont hit a home-run, but if one item Carbon Dates correct
I'll be asking between $10,000 and $20,000 plus) You did me a great favor returning the card. I'm thanking you from the bottom of my Pea Picking Heart.

Last edited by Directly; 07-11-2023 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-12-2023, 04:59 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Tom Rebert sold a fake Lebron zJames Auto here on Net 54

So not happy enough wasting my time and Money with your fake. You post here how after being informed that the card has failed TPG You Tom Rebert Trade the fake for $5k in Artifacts to an Advanced Autograph Collector that tells you it doesn't match up with Lebron James Signature. Then over this past weekend the value of the artifacts ( Depending on carbon dating ) magically grows into Ten to Twenty Thousand Dollars.
Then you post here and brag about your crime.
Proclaiming that just because other reputable sources say it is fake "I Tom Rebert claim it is real" despite also Proclaiming that you have no expertise in Autographs. And providing no credible opinion that the Autograph is real.
Selling fake Autographs is a profitable endeavor. Little cost for the product and not everyone is going to research the forgeries you sold. Some of the forgeries sit for years maybe decades in collections. Some percentage of sales will result in you keeping the money And the collectors never knowing that Your word and the Forgery you sold are worthless.
Unfortunately many collectors here on Net54 know that unethical sellers like yourself continue along because it is difficult to put you in jail. All that can be done is post the details and hope that it reaches others you have sold fakes to. And hopefully to prevent a few collectors from making the same mistake I did.
Old 07-12-2023, 07:59 PM
Tom Re.bert

Good evening Sunshine--hope your feeling better.

Sunshine I need your advise, I'm thinking about to buying a A35 Anson album page --do you think a TPG will grade?

Have a wonderful relaxing evening--thanks again!

Last edited by Directly; 07-12-2023 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-12-2023, 09:12 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Default TOM REBERT OF MO sold a fake Lebron James Auto on Net54

Tom

Thank you for responding with more smoke and Mirrors, while avoiding posting any direct response to the fact that you sold a Fake Lebron James Autograph and then after it was returned you traded it to another collector. And not just any collector an Advanced Autograph Collector. Who was astute enough to tell you it did not match known examples. But despite that fact traded you $10,000 to $20,000 worth of "Artifacts" ..as you noted they need to pass Carbon dating but clearly a vast, VAST overpayment for a card that would typically sell for maybe a couple Hundred bucks.
And then in what can only be seen as a monumental wrong read of a room you come here and brag about your crime. It is in fact a crime to sell a forged signature.
Any other Crimes you have commited and scored big?
I myself am a big fan of Law and order, true crime drama fascinates me. Please regale us.
When I first joined Net54 there was a buyer beware notice on the board. Now there is a Beware of scammers warning at the top of each sale category The reason is that unfortunately folks like you selling fakes. And although no one enjoys a crook a very entertaining crook is just slightly easier to tolerate.

It would be wrong not to answer your question after pointing out you did not answer mine. I already posted to your original Kimball thread that I did not believe PSA would grade an album page that had been removed from an album. Despite you stating that PSA would Authenticate and Grade your single Kimbell page. It was a clear lie. But thank you for reminding anyone new to this thread that you have lied before. Statments like 90% of card collectors dont even know what a Kimball is are wrong but not outright lies. Just wrong. I belive that more than 10% of collectors have read through or studied the ACC, and there are not very many Baseball cards pictured in the ACC but a Kimball is one of them.

Last edited by bigfanNY; 07-13-2023 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Changed the e to an a in the name of the N184 Kimball
Old 07-13-2023, 12:11 AM
Tom Re.bert

Sorry for the late response, just woke up from a very nice and healthy Nap. Power Naps are wonderful!
Sorry Sunshine, could you please repeat your opinion, so you don't believe a TPG will authenticate or grade a A35?---thanks again!

P/s Quote: Per Sunshine "Statments like 90% of card collectors dont even know what a Kimbell is are wrong but not outright lies. Just wrong. I belive that more than 10% of collectors have read through or studied the ACC, and there are not very many Baseball cards pictured in the ACC but a Kimbell is one of them" ?

Sunshine could you please let our fellow collectors know what page the Kimbell cards can been found--not trying to be mean but sorry I've never heard of Kimbell cards ?

Last edited by Directly; 07-13-2023 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-13-2023, 08:33 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Tom Rebert sold a Fake Lebron James signature here on Net54

Kimball N184 sorry my spell check

But Again enough with the smoke and Mirrors. You keep saying that TPG's make mistakes but you provide no independent opinions that the signature you sold is real. I posted the signature you sold above.
I had heard the term kitchen table forgery but never in regard to a signature I owned. Until ....you guessed it.. until I showed the Lebron James signature you Tom Rebert sold me to a Lebron James Collector. He pointed out things like the 90 degree angles in the signature.
As I said before I was lazy. Having done smooth easy business here on Net54 for ten years, when a board member gives me there word it is good I thought it ment something. When I read if I am not satisfied when I receive the card I can return it, I dont even consider that my lack of satisfaction would be due to Tom Rebert selling me a fake. Selling fakes goes way beyond not being satisfied. But I suggest that anyone doing business with Tom Rebert get exactly what happens if the item is found to be a fake or misrepresented.
So if you are going to argue that all third party graders make mistakes and PSA failed a Ken Boyer that JSA said was good. Show me one independent source that will stand behind the Lebron James Signature YOU sold. And lets not forget you sold it Twice!!
Old 07-14-2023, 12:45 AM
Tom Re.bert

Good evening Sunshine, sorry for the late reply. Power Naps are invigorating.

Sorry, Sunshine could you please repeat. What Lebron card do you own your referring to ?

Its confusing Sunshine keeps talking about some card he owns--if not satisfied return the card for a refund unless
you purchased the card on some market place. If so you got screwed --

Last edited by Directly; 07-14-2023 at 01:08 AM.