NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Default Cigarette pack / Tobacco tin Picture Help - Slightly O/T

Posted By: Jon Canfield

I'm hoping some on the board may be able to help me acquire a few scans I'm missing (or need better copies of) for a project I'm working on. If possible, I'm trying to find scans of the following packs/tins:

1.) Buchner Gold Coin
2.) Yum Yum (need better scan)
3.) Just So
4.) Red Sun
5.) Number 7 Cigars
6.) Cullivan's Scrap
7.) Mino Cigarettes
8.) Kotton Cigarettes
9.) Sporting Extra Cigarettes

Now, I know many on this list may be impossible to find but even advertisements depicting the packs/tins would be helpful. For example, I remember not too long ago, someone posted a Buchner banner that pictured the packs but I unfortunately did not keep a copy of the scan.

Thanks so much!

Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Hi Jon- I had that Buchner banner in an auction several years ago, and there were pictures of packs on it. But I do not save scans so I unfortunately can't help.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the heads up Barry. I thought I recalled there being pictures of the packs on the banner. I'm sure someone owns it or there are scans floating around somewhere.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

There are scans floating around. I do remember the pack pictured four liberty gold coins, from the quarter eagle to the double eagle. But I know you need more than that.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Administrator

To add to the list, does anyone have a HQ scan of the Hindu ad I could get? Especially a focus on the pack pictured. Thanks!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

I would be particularly interested in seeing any Number Seven Cigars or Diamond S packaging.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: 1880nonsports

there was a number 7 cigars "cover" sold on eBay but I don't think the pack was pictured. I have a small gold coin pack pictured on a trade card if I can locate it. Certainly I remember a mino newspaper advertisement. Sporting Extra - for some crazy reason I thought I might have seen a pack depicted inside an album cover or similar - I'll try and think more about that one. It's already started to bother me When I return from a couple of days at the national I'll do some looking. I have easily 50+ sources to look thru including a couple of issues of the AAAA collectors newsletter and another club's 1970's/1980's that devoted a few issues strictly to packs and/or related advertising - and there's the defunct pack collector's issues as well....... BTW - GL with finding a Mino pack - is there even ONE known?

Old 07-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Administrator

Henry - thanks so much for the input. I look forward to what you might uncover. I echo you setiment about Mino although I have a scan of a MIno sign (probably from the 1940's) that depicts a pack. Never saw a pack though. Of course, up until 2 weeks ago, I had never seen a Fans cigarette box or a Red Cross and I found both.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: 1880nonsports

could you post the fans pack? I've know the Red Cross but don't recall having seen fans........

Old 07-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Henry - here is the thread...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1215716505/T231+Fans+Cigarettes