NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Marc S.

Default Zeenut Ratio [Coupon to Non-Coupon]

Looking at Legendary's run of Zeenut partial sets tonight, and the sets from REA earlier this year, I'd love to hear any educated estimates of the ratio of Coupon-bearing Zeenuts to non-coupon bearing Zeenuts.

I understand that the ratio is likely very different for some of the issue years. But I'd appreciate any thoughts on general themes of % of Coupon-Bearing vs. not as well as any specific details on years that are relatively easy or hard.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Frank Kealoha Ward

My guess would be 1%-3%, Ive always though it was likely very low. Its just a guess though....

Ive bought a few larger groups (50-100+ examples) of Zeenuts over the year and often none will have coupons, but then Ive also bought small groups of 3-5 cards with all having the coupons too. It all depended on the original owner if they clipped the coupon off right away or decided to just leave the cards whole.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:43 PM

This is one of many interesting Zeenut questions. Frank's 1-3% is very reasonable. In my opinion it is likely on the lower end, closer to 1%. In general you see more from 1924-1936 than the other years. This is not shocking, although for some reason 1915s with coupon appear to have survived more than the others from 1913-19. 1920 with coupon is very difficult to locate in my opinion.

Andrew
Old 08-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default concur

I will concur with the others too. I have always heard the 1% ratio tossed around and that seems about right. And 1920 is my last regular series I need with a coupon , so that info is a tiny bit validated from my little collection.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Marc S.

Default Thanks all

for the comments here.

Please indulge me, if you may, for some further questions:

Are there any specific popular trend with Zeenut [with coupons] collectors?

Do they tend to be type collectors (like Leon)? If type collectors, do they tend to like a single example, or work on a complete set run of Zeenuts with coupon?

Are there people who are trying to put together complete Zeenut with coupon sets? Has anyone succeeded in such a set?

Do collectors tend to be player / team / HOF collectors?

It seems as if [from major auction history] that many HOFers from Zeenuts have had transactions of their cards with coupons. Is that an incorrect perception?

I'd love to hear any additional thoughts on this subject-

Cheers.