NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-15-2018, 09:11 AM

Default silver coins w/ Ruth, Cobb etc....

I got these many years ago, 1 ounce .999 pure silver, issued in 1992. Are they worth anything other than silver value. Thanks
silver coins.jpg
Old 11-15-2018, 09:31 AM
Hank Thomas

I would say yes, but not much, a few dollars more. You don't see them often, but those and the many other baseball coins issued over the years are in the category once described to me by a dealer as "rare and undesirable." I don't know why, I think they're cool, maybe just too recent.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:35 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Hanks (hey Hank) guess is better than mine. The thread was moved back to the front page as the subjects are certainly pre-war. The title was changed to reflect it too.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:42 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Not to hijack, but since it's coins and baseball. Did anyone pick up the curved baseball coin put out by the US Mint about 4 years ago? I got a couple but I'm into the oddball stuff.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:24 PM
Hank Thomas

Default WaJo silver coins

I have a little collection of four or five different silver coins of Walter issued in the 1970s and 80s in the original packaging. You never see the coins by themselves, even, much less the packaging, in fact I think all of those I have like that are the only ones I've ever seen, which has always struck me as bizarre. I didn't pay anything for them, I think basically the silver value in all cases. From doing the business for the WaJo estate for the last 30 years and also being a dealer for almost that long, I can attest to the fact that there is an entire parallel universe of sports memorabilia that rarely intersects with ours and in which several dozen WaJo items have been produced and issued--and for which I have received a sample from our agent--but that I have NEVER seen a single example of on the open market, which I have always scoured regularly for WaJo things. Not on eBay, not at shows, not in auctions, nada, nowhere to be seen. It's always been a mystery to me how these things are marketed and sold, and why so few of them have ever made it to any secondary market that I'm aware of. At one time I had a WaJo version of the coins pictured in this thread, but I think I busted it out of the package to put in my Riker mount display of coins and buttons, but sold it somewhere along the line, maybe when silver hit $40 an ounce several years ago. I wouldn't mind getting another one to go with my collection of WaJo silver coins in the original packaging, but will probably never come across one, the way these things seem to go.

Last edited by Hankphenom; 11-15-2018 at 06:27 PM.