NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Lar.ry Buch.heim

Default n?

nn

Last edited by PiratesWS1979; 02-18-2020 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:54 AM
Sam Sw@rtz

Wow. Good bet. She's from Alabama, right? The War Eagle reference is telling (as are the photoshopped pics and overly embellished descriptions).
Old 11-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Larry More.y

Good catch. In the feedback war-eagle has left for others, the listing's titles seem to match perfectly to battlefields.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...rchInterval=30

Their shipping "polices" seem to match up to battlefields also. Same blue background and no back scans, like battlefield.

Coincidentally, ebay is running an offer where if you list/sell 500 items before Nov 18, there is a 20 percent discount on FVF....maybe trying to take advantage of this promo.

Love the back story though.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:51 PM

Great catch, definitely may be the same. War Eagle is Auburn's battle cry, no? And Battlefield is from Alabama? Larry, you are a regular inspector gadget!
Old 11-15-2017, 04:27 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Appears that all stuff listed in their store is certainly TPG worthy...so why push it raw if not photo-shopped?
Old 11-18-2017, 04:34 AM

Default New listings from seller:

.I just checked out the new stuff listed last night and if these are all legitimate holdings , there should be heavily-armed security all around that home....museum-quality jaw-dropping cards , no back scans , virtually identical descriptions except for the name change in the first line.....this should be fun to watch....I'll take the Cobb and one of the Gehrigs....

Old 11-18-2017, 04:44 AM

Default Good catch in the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Good catch. In the feedback war-eagle has left for others, the listing's titles seem to match perfectly to battlefields.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...rchInterval=30

Their shipping "polices" seem to match up to battlefields also. Same blue background and no back scans, like battlefield.

Coincidentally, ebay is running an offer where if you list/sell 500 items before Nov 18, there is a 20 percent discount on FVF....maybe trying to take advantage of this promo.

Love the back story though.
Yup ...I just saw the "BREATHTAKING" "SPECTACULAR" and excclamation points about nine feedbacks down

Old 11-18-2017, 06:43 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
Yup ...I just saw the "BREATHTAKING" "SPECTACULAR" and excclamation points about nine feedbacks down

It's going to be a bloodbath of returns when the buyers find out they have been ripped off. This Battlefield ID will get hosed up with negatives just like the other one. I don't know where Karma is for this seller but it has to be around the corner. No one can do that much bad stuff for so long and not have bad luck. I certainly wish them the worst ...
Old 11-18-2017, 07:16 AM
Lar.ry Buch.heim

I do have to admit the player quality is, dare I say, BREATHTAKING!! Now if only the green Cobb would show.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
It's going to be a bloodbath of returns when the buyers find out they have been ripped off. This Battlefield ID will get hosed up with negatives just like the other one. I don't know where Karma is for this seller but it has to be around the corner. No one can do that much bad stuff for so long and not have bad luck. I certainly wish them the worst ...
Funny thing is.... I was researching this exact comparison and figured I would come here to check if anyone else noticed.

Obviously old news!

I think it is a dead give away that they are one in the same.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:50 AM
Kin K.

A sincere "thank you" to all that have called this seller out. A card on my want list showed up today and I recognized that name immediately because of this board.
T206/T213 Scoops Carey back run: 4/4 !00% complete

Focus: open wheel/Indy 500 cards (1911 ATC Auto Drivers (T36), 1954 Stark & Wetzel 500 Winners, 1960 Parkhurst Indy Speedway Winners & 1960s Marhoefer Indy 500), match books & post cards.

Successful purchases from dnanln, pre1960sets, jp1216 & sebie43; RAKs from CW & LuckyLarry
Old 12-13-2017, 10:21 AM
Jeff Lar.son

Makes me want to buy and return just to give a neg.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:51 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post
Makes me want to buy and return just to give a neg.
I had similar thoughts. Would be cool if members could unite and win all auctions at one time and either never pay or return them all. The only problem with returning would be having to wait 15 days to get your money back.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:57 AM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

I have won two auctions from war_eagle_vintage and was following some of his recent card auctions on eBay. I looked in Friday and saw they were all removed. I inquired with eBay and they informed me there is “potential fraud”. I searched sand found this informative board and decided to join. I have since requested returns of the two cards purchased from this seller and am awaiting his response.

I also had messsged the seller as to why his cards were removed. His response was “he reached his limit.” Ha!

Thank you to all you kind folks for this information.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:16 AM

Default Amazed

my faith in E-Bay has been restored--amazing .

Old 12-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYFan63 View Post
I have won two auctions from war_eagle_vintage and was following some of his recent card auctions on eBay. I looked in Friday and saw they were all removed. I inquired with eBay and they informed me there is “potential fraud”. I searched sand found this informative board and decided to join. I have since requested returns of the two cards purchased from this seller and am awaiting his response.

I also had messsged the seller as to why his cards were removed. His response was “he reached his limit.” Ha!

Thank you to all you kind folks for this information.
Welcome, and nice first post. Too bad you had to deal with this seller to find us.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvu_class_of_2001 View Post
A sincere "thank you" to all that have called this seller out. A card on my want list showed up today and I recognized that name immediately because of this board.
It is great to see that the board's member's fraud fighting efforts are paying off. I would also like to say thanks to those who help us navigate around the bad sellers.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:33 AM
Ben

they've sold two raw Mickey Mantle cards in the past month that fetched more than $10k.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:12 PM
Robert Williams

...and the winning buyers won't know they've been "stuck" until they submit them for grading.