NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Everything Else, Football, Non-Sports etc.. B/S/T

Old 02-11-2010, 11:11 AM

Default FS: Antique Yale University Lantern Slide Catalog Cabinets - Ideal for Collectibles

I have several antique library card and lantern slide cabinets from Yale University available for sale, individually or as a set.

I recently sold a collection of four of these units to a prominent net54 member (reference available upon request) who suggested I post here to attract the attention of other serious card collectors who would like to store and display their collections in style and security.

A few years ago, Sterling Memorial Library (Yale's flagship library) underwent significant renovations and a precious few free-standing card catalog cabinets were removed. Subsequently a wave of library renovations has moved across the lovely New Haven campus, and other libraries decommissioned their library card catalogs.

I have several different types of Yale card catalogs available for sale. There is in almost every case, more than one available of each type.

Featured here is only one type, previously used to store lantern slides.
The drawer orientation differs from standard library card catalogs. Vertically oriented, the drawers are are 5 inches tall and three inches wide- perfect for baseball cards.

DETAILS AND DIMENSIONS:
Each Unit is comprised of a base with legs, and four sections with 14 drawers each, for a total of 56 drawers. The entire unit is hard rock maple, dovetailed construction. All drawer pull hardware is solid brass. Please note I do not have the top covers available.

Overall Dimensions:
60” tall (ground to top) x 17” deep x 33” wide

Internal (functional) Drawer Dimensions:
3 3/8 ” wide x 4 7/8” tall x 15 1/2” deep

PRICE AND CONTACT INFO:
Each Catalog is $1300. I am happy to entertain fair offers, and will certainly negotiate liberally if you purchase more than one catalog. Delivery within 200 mile radius of New Haven can be arranged at a reasonable rate. Please contact me at 315Whitney@gmail.com for more information, for more photos of these or other card catalogs, or to discuss any of the above.

Thanks,
Barry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3nb3o53l45O55T45Pda1p0150460f82c21850.jpg (7.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 3n83m23l95O95Pc5R8a1pcd0699a86d6410c7.jpg (7.3 KB, 34 views)